Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

    20 42.55%
  • Go for it

    27 57.45%
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 765
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,261
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully the White Sox are looking into the Cuban prospects that are available. An interesting note is that Aledmys Diaz is being investigated for being younger than he is saying. He is trying to out of that bonus pool range which would get him a lot more money.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    17,203
    vCash
    1500
    What position is he?

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,261
    vCash
    1500
    Shortstop. I can't remember the other ones name that is being linked with him. But he is an outfielder. I would take either one to add to the minors.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    5,526
    vCash
    1500
    So who or what is the one position/player that they need the most to make 2013 relevant?

    A LH 3rd baseman with power? and who is REALISTICALLY available?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,261
    vCash
    1500
    Nobody in that mold unless the Pads make Headley available. But I don't think the Sox have what it would take to get him anyways.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,261
    vCash
    1500
    I wish they would have signed Chavez when they had the chance.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Highland, IN
    Posts
    4,070
    vCash
    1500
    Dan Hayes via Twitter

    https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN/stat...56840210571265

    Zach Stewart was outrighted to Charlotte dropping the 40 man roster to 39. I don't see the necessity of that move at this point unless the White Sox are about to sign/trade for somebody....could be a precursor to something or could be nothing at all. Guess we'll find out in the next few days.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,261
    vCash
    1500
    Courtney Hawkins checked in at #68 on MLB.COM top 100 prospects. Still no love for Trayce Thompson. Hr is a better fielder with more purer than a lot of the guys on that list. Plus he steals bases. Downside is he strikes our a lot, but still young. Better than some prospects on that list. Carlos Sanchez should have been on the list as well.

    I think now, everyone just expects the Sox to have a bad system, so they don't even look at them. If you put Sanchez on the Rangers or Yankees, he is a top 60 prospect.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,729
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Courtney Hawkins checked in at #68 on MLB.COM top 100 prospects. Still no love for Trayce Thompson. Hr is a better fielder with more purer than a lot of the guys on that list. Plus he steals bases. Downside is he strikes our a lot, but still young. Better than some prospects on that list. Carlos Sanchez should have been on the list as well.

    I think now, everyone just expects the Sox to have a bad system, so they don't even look at them. If you put Sanchez on the Rangers or Yankees, he is a top 60 prospect.
    I kinda doubt that, its hard to put a guy in the top 100 who just shot up after one year and from what I understand didn't have much hype about him.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    837
    vCash
    1500
    Prospect lists are more for entertainment than anything else. I think the Sox do get piled on for not having one of the better systems, but I'd like for somebody to go back 5-10 years and evaluate those same systems and see how it actually worked out. I bet the Sox are better than what they were ranked.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Highland, IN
    Posts
    4,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Courtney Hawkins checked in at #68 on MLB.COM top 100 prospects. Still no love for Trayce Thompson. Hr is a better fielder with more purer than a lot of the guys on that list. Plus he steals bases. Downside is he strikes our a lot, but still young. Better than some prospects on that list. Carlos Sanchez should have been on the list as well.

    I think now, everyone just expects the Sox to have a bad system, so they don't even look at them. If you put Sanchez on the Rangers or Yankees, he is a top 60 prospect.
    I stopped caring about what other people think about our farm system. Prospects are still prospects until they prove they're not anymore. I don't want to be the Royals saying "Look at how great our farm system is" while the big league club sucks for a decade.

    At the end of the day, guys like Sale, Reed, Jones, Santiago, Beckham, Alexei and Viciedo all came out of our system. We also have Thompson, Hawkins, Sanchez, etc. that are on the fast track to contribute soon. How many teams with great farm systems are actually producing that many MLB players?

    I understand how fans want the national attention because regardless of what the White Sox do, they are never given much spotlight. The White Sox have been a good team, but until they string together a few consecutive playoff appearances, they'll still be overlooked. Our best chance to be known as a team to watch out for was after 2005. However, people forgot about us after 2006 because of the 3rd place finish (despite having 90 wins) followed by a downright terrible 2007. 2008 could've gotten the Sox back on the radar, but we were blown out by the Rays in the 1st round.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    So who or what is the one position/player that they need the most to make 2013 relevant?

    A LH 3rd baseman with power? and who is REALISTICALLY available?
    .

    No one. Since we're doing next to nothing, how about Tony Abreau, who plays the left side not too well, yet has been a five year HOFer in AAA, is under 30, and actually hits righties (last year OPS .772)?

    .

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    392
    vCash
    1500
    How about Matt Carpenter? I know the Cards have him playing second right now, but that should be too important of a defensive position to throw him out there. Plus, they signed Ty Winnington, who besides being riht handed, plays essentially the role that Carpenter would. He's a perfect fit for the Sox, since he's played LF, RF, 3rd, and 1st. He's a lefty bat with some, not alot, but some power, and has shown an ability to get on base.

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    How about Matt Carpenter? I know the Cards have him playing second right now, but that should be too important of a defensive position to throw him out there. Plus, they signed Ty Winnington, who besides being riht handed, plays essentially the role that Carpenter would. He's a perfect fit for the Sox, since he's played LF, RF, 3rd, and 1st. He's a lefty bat with some, not alot, but some power, and has shown an ability to get on base.
    .

    That would be solid, but there's no way someone who finished 6th as rookie of the year would come really cheap.

    .

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,304
    vCash
    1500
    Get ready for Morel baby.........he's coming back

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •