Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    AJ's market seems to be shrinking, does anyone think it is possible that AJ is brought back and the Sox look to trade Flowers? The Mets were said to be very interested in Flowers earlier this offseason.

vCash
    Wilmer Flores would be exactly what the White Sox are looking for at third base.

vCash
    Lannan maybe? They wanted him in the past?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    If they can get him for cheap, I would like to see what Coop and Thygpen can do with Jurrjens. Still only 26 and one year removed from a sub 3 ERA season. Could be that cheaper option that the Sox are looking for so they can deal Floyd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    If they can get him for cheap, I would like to see what Coop and Thygpen can do with Jurrjens. Still only 26 and one year removed from a sub 3 ERA season. Could be that cheaper option that the Sox are looking for so they can deal Floyd.
    Probably won't come as cheap for a guy with his numbers last year. Most teams will think they can fix him as well. With a great season on his resume no less. One can hope though.

vCash
    I think you are looking at something like $7M or there about. I don't know what numbers you are looking at, he had a 6.89 ERA last year.

vCash
    I think you are looking at something like $7M or there about. I don't know what numbers you are looking at, he had a 6.89 ERA last year.
    I may have worded it poorly, I meant he will be payed more than what his numbers indicated last year. He has a couple things going for him: age and at least one good season, teams tend to overpay for that.

vCash
    AJ's market seems to be shrinking, does anyone think it is possible that AJ is brought back and the Sox look to trade Flowers? The Mets were said to be very interested in Flowers earlier this offseason.
    I can't really figure out what the White Sox are thinking with AJ. I get the feeling they're ready to move on and give Flowers the job. I have no proof of this, but my gut feeling is even if they could get AJ back dirt cheap they wouldn't want to. I think Hahn wants him to sign elsewhere so he can say to the fanbase "Sorry, I tried, but he was too expensive". Again, I have no proof that is what the Sox are thinking, just the sense I get from listening to Hahn talk about it. Youkilis seems to be the one they want back and they only have enough money for one of them.

My personal opinion is I'd rather have AJ over Youk. Youk was in constant pain because of his knees. I can't see him holding up over 120-140 games for us.

I think what the Sox should do is trade Floyd and Rios to free up some money and target a young 3B that's blocked like Jedd Gyorko (blocked by Headley) or Anthony Rendon (blocked by Zimmerman). At least then we'd fill the hole at 3B and have some money to spend. Mitchell or Danks could handle RF defensively. And before I get complaints about removing Rios' bat from the lineup, based on the last 4 seasons, Rios is due for a craptacular season at the plate. At least moving him now could net us some kind of value in a trade as well as give us payroll flexibility.

vCash
    I just think they have a set amount with AJ in mind and won't go over it. Now AJ is seeing the market isn't there. Now will it get to where the WS are comfortable.

vCash
    He has lost a pretty good amount of velocity
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Yeah that would be my one concern about him.

vCash
    I just think they have a set amount with AJ in mind and won't go over it. Now AJ is seeing the market isn't there. Now will it get to where the WS are comfortable.
    Markets not there, except for the Yankees now, which could be problematic for us in AJ, just in terms of money. If I'm the yankees though I'm not really chasing soon to be 36 year old free agents.

vCash
    Napoli just got 3 years/$39 mil. Martin got 2 yr/$17 mil. Even if you average the two to project AJ's salary, he's looking at more than $10 mil annually. That seems to be out of the White Sox range.

vCash
    According to a guy I know in the scouting dept. (so not a higher up and take it with a grain of salt) resigning AJ isn't a great priority for the Sox. They would want him back, and I quote, "If he fell into their lap". But with the catching market this thin it's safe to assume that he is gone.

vCash
    Just an idea - trade Flowers and Gavin to Mets for something cheap and then resign AJ.

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast