Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like the 2013 White Sox to do?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

20 42.55%
  • Go for it

27 57.45%
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bring Buehrle back!!!!!

vCash
    So this Otani kid from Japan decided he will make his way to the states. He supposedly has a very nice curve to go with a 100 mph fastball. Did I mention he is 18! The Sox have $2.5M left of the international signing money left. Would you throw it all at this kid to bring him here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    So this Otani kid from Japan decided he will make his way to the states. He supposedly has a very nice curve to go with a 100 mph fastball. Did I mention he is 18! The Sox have $2.5M left of the international signing money left. Would you throw it all at this kid to bring him here?
    YES! Then start the "rebuilding process" that should have started last year!
    I'm tired of trying to go for something and coming up just short of the goal............
    Last edited by ChiSox; 10-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

vCash
    We have some promising prospect talent now and I'd be all for rebuilding. I think we can see great things down the line from Hawkins and Barnum and Sanchez. If we can continue to build up a crop of young talent .... we have the potential to be a major player for years to come.

vCash
    I hope the Sox are at least doing some extensive homework on this Otani kid. We have had some success with some Japanese players in the past. Maybe coming here and learning the American game in the minors will help him get accustomed to the game.

vCash
    If another team offers Peavy 4 years, do we let him walk? Honestly I think 3/39 is the ceiling for what we offer.

vCash
    Do we even have a 3B for next year?
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Nope, we have to wait to se what direction KW and RH want to go. Carlos Sanchez has been playing some 3B and could be given a shot.

vCash
    I hope to God that direction doesn't lead to Morel

vCash
    Just say NO MORE (L)
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    I hope to God that direction doesn't lead to Morel
    Right now we have a lot of starting pitching, I fully expect the Sox to trade one of Q/Santiago/Floyd(not to mention Axelrod and Humber) if the right guy is available.

I would loved to trade for Sandoval but after the postseason he had this ship has probably sailed. I remember the Giants FO being really unhappy with him a couple of months ago. I think he would be a monster at the cell, but right now this is a pipe dream.

vCash
    Offense:

Trade Dunn, move Youk to 1B and have him and Konerko share time at 1B and DH. 3B filled with whomever we get in the trade for Dunn. Possible trade partner Houston, they need a DH now.

Pitching:

Trade Thorton now while we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Offense:

Trade Dunn, move Youk to 1B and have him and Konerko share time at 1B and DH. 3B filled with whomever we get in the trade for Dunn. Possible trade partner Houston, they need a DH now.

Pitching:

No to the bold and yes to trading Thornton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Offense:

Pitching:

Houston doesnt have much of anything and i wouldnt want to trade Dunn away for nothing. I wouldnt mind seeing Altuve coming here since Delino DeShields Jr. is about half a season away from joining the bigs. Then moving Beckham to 3rd.

As for Thornton..i'd say maybe Colorado for Jordan Pacheco. but that seems like a long shot. or possibly Boston for 3B Garin Cecchini, who had 51 steals last year in A-ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    No to the bold and yes to trading Thornton.

If you think keeping a guy who's strikeouts were higher then his batting average is important then you will always see this team fail. 2 seasons in a row now his average .159 and 204 were lower then his K's 177 & 222. Unacceptable.

Home runs do not make a team. You need a balanced lineup hitting, power and speed.

I expect Rios to regress again this coming season as well as Paulie. Youk should be back and his leadership is an excellent addition to this clubhouse. Flowers is not a long term solution at the plate either. AJ needs to be resigned and get a better catching prospect to replace him later.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast