Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best SF ever!

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry Bird

121 63.68%
  • LBJ

55 28.95%
  • Dr. J

6 3.16%
  • The Human Highlight Film

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

3 1.58%
  • Alex English

0 0%
  • James Worthy

0 0%
  • John Havlicek (very underated player)

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor (best rebounder on the list)

2 1.05%
  • Rick Barry

3 1.58%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltonSystem View Post
    I know it's a crazy thought kids but there was an NBA before MJ.. Don't be afraid to look into the past.

Right now 21 votes for LBJ being the BEST SF of all time? Cmon Son. I love LeBron's game but It's Larry by a lot right now, LeBron MAY pass him later but he has much to do.
    damn by a lot? really alot? they look pretty similar to me. what did larry accomlish that blows bron away?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    damn by a lot? really alot? they look pretty similar to me. what did larry accomlish that blows bron away?
    It goes past the numbers, probably just something you had to see. I think the legacy had a lot to do with giving Bird the edge right now. People (Laker fans) hated the guy but they did respect him. Just looking at the numbers isn't enough, basketball then and now are very different.

vCash
    who said anything about numbers? and i did watch larry play as a matter of fact. from your post it just seems you simply liked bird better.

And yes its very different, both for the better and the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    In terms of peak ability, Bird himself has wondered if anyone has ever won in the fashion Bron just did. But because I'm the type to not put much stock in peer review ill go ahead and assume hes just being modest.

But really people, long term wise, we all know, all Bron has to do is sustain this level of play a few more years and Larrys in the rear view, Bird didn't last long at all and he didn't take care if his body.
    You are right, I don't think anyone else has ever won a title where two top 5 players in there own conference was out for the playoffs including one who was on the #1 seed.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Strawman argument...I thought we were debating Bird and Lebron, not Kobe and Lebron.

But I will answer your question.

It depends on how the Lakers might lose. Remember, if they make it to the finals and lose to Miami in a 7 game hard fought series with out HCA it won't be such a failure as Miami has gotten even stronger than last year and it's much easier for them to secure HCA in the east than it is for the Lakers in the west. If the Lakers lose to OKC in the WCF or to Miami in 5 or less, due to Kobe shooting them out of the series or some other blunder, than it is a failure for sure.

Remember, Lebron didn't have to go to Miami to form a "superteam"...he could have easily gone to Chicago or NY and he still would have been on a good team. It was his choice to go for overkill and therefore we have to account for that degree of difficulty or lack there of when assessing his legacy and comparing him to other greats.

And in answer to your question, no he probably would not have left and if he still did then it would be a supreme failure.

Remember, its the greatness of ones opponents that makes one truly great.
    if we account for degree of difficulty than wouldn't it be lebrons advantage playing with scrubs for 7 years than having wade play one amazing season than having him hobbled and injured his second? lets consider that bird played with a more stacked team. also playing in chicago would have probably brought along bosh, rose is almost as good as wade plus they have a legit center in noah something miami is seriously missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are right, I don't think anyone else has ever won a title where two top 5 players in there own conference was out for the playoffs including one who was on the #1 seed.
    same 1# seed lebron dusted the previous year?

vCash
    Your mistaken, Im not making the claim so how can I be right, if you wish to argue the topic then take it straight to Bird, hes the one who said it. I'm the one not buying it.

vCash
    That was my post above, Im on my gals PC:

Your mistaken, Im not making the claim so how can I be right, if you wish to argue the topic then take it straight to Bird, hes the one who said it. I'm the one not buying it.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    same 1# seed lebron dusted the previous year?
    Not really. In 2011 both Boozer and Noah were playing hurt and in 2012 we had a healthy team with them. Bulls would have swept Miami last year even Hollinger admitted it.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Not really. In 2011 both Boozer and Noah were playing hurt and in 2012 we had a healthy team with them. Bulls would have swept Miami last year even Hollinger admitted it.
    Noah was hurt these playoffs tho

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    wade was playing banged up a iittle, ilgauskas,james jones, dampier all were too injured to step on the floor haslem just came off injury. miami would have won the ring in 2011 but lebron wasnt fatigued see i can make excuses too.
    Last edited by bucketss; 09-28-2012 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    This is the funniest thing I've read in weeks.....I'm not even joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    If Scottie Pippen were to have a team of his own, I feel he'd definitely be in the talks for best SF of all time. The only reason he's not in the talks now is because he was playing in the shadow of the greatest player of all time.

Depending on whether or not LeBron gets a few more rings to his name, I say he has a good chance in being better than Larry Bird.
    LOL no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    wade was playing banged up a iittle, ilgauskas,james jones, dampier all were too injured to step on the floor haslem just came off injury. miami would have won the ring in 2011 but lebron was fatigued see i can make excuses too.
    Lebron wasn't fatigued, Marion just locked him down in the finals. We are talking about a top 5 player in the league being injured who was the #1 seed.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    rose is not a top 5 player.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast