Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the best SF ever!

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry Bird

    121 63.68%
  • LBJ

    55 28.95%
  • Dr. J

    6 3.16%
  • The Human Highlight Film

    0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

    3 1.58%
  • Alex English

    0 0%
  • James Worthy

    0 0%
  • John Havlicek (very underated player)

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor (best rebounder on the list)

    2 1.05%
  • Rick Barry

    3 1.58%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 182
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    In terms of peak ability, Bird himself has wondered if anyone has ever won in the fashion Bron just did. But because I'm the type to not put much stock in peer review ill go ahead and assume hes just being modest.

    But really people, long term wise, we all know, all Bron has to do is sustain this level of play a few more years and Larrys in the rear view, Bird didn't last long at all and he didn't take care if his body.
    Larry took care of himself fine by the standards of his day/state of medicine.

    He was born with a condition where his spinal cord had much less room inside his spine to move then most - making him very susceptible to irritation and worse.

    After he saw Magic and others getting into better shape he went into a heavy duty weight lifting program which irritated his spine basically on a permanent basis. He tried all sorts of cures and methods and lived through constant pain his last few years in the game.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-28-2012 at 10:31 PM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Not really. In 2011 both Boozer and Noah were playing hurt and in 2012 we had a healthy team with them. Bulls would have swept Miami last year even Hollinger admitted it.
    Bulls would have swept the Heat last year?

    You got a lot to learn dude.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    Put Larry Bird on those Cavs teams in his prime and he wouldn't have carried them like Lebron did...
    Carried them to bad losses in the playoffs in 3 out of 5 years. Twice v Boston and once v Orlando. I mean kacked it.

    Nobody that supports James wants to talk about the playoffs pre this year - that much is clear from reading these threads. For good reason.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Rick Barry, one dimensional?
    Barry could do a lot of things, he probably meant that Barry was a selfish player that failed to do things that could have elevated his teams and teammates - but failed to do so.

    Barry is distinctly ahead of the Wilkins class of players for instance, but he's no Bird.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    Put Larry Bird on those Cavs teams in his prime and he wouldn't have carried them like Lebron did...
    Did Larry ever have a losing season? Did the Celtics have a good team the year before Larry? Did Larry carry a nothing Indiana State team? As a Knicks fan I hated Larry Bird but the people that actually watched him play in his prime know how good he was. Ask Jordan. Ask Magic. The guy could dominate a game without shooting and he was one of the clutchest shooters around. His passing was incredible and people sell him short as a defensive player.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    33,742
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Carried them to bad losses in the playoffs in 3 out of 5 years. Twice v Boston and once v Orlando. I mean kacked it.

    Nobody that supports James wants to talk about the playoffs pre this year - that much is clear from reading these threads. For good reason.
    That's BS and frankly not true. Your talking about series not playoffs as a whole. The whole Boston was greatly exaggerated but whatever it is what it is.

    IMO LeBron taking that garbage *** Cleveland team to the finals holds almost as much weight as this year.

    You talk about his bad series in the post season but you fail to recognize his good ones. There were some classic series vs. the Wizards back in the day. No one forgets what he did to the Pistons and last year he was fantastic against the Bulls.

    Also Wades performance this post season was not very good. Bosh was hurt and missed time. The LeBron having a ton of talent to win argument is BS when like someone previously stated no one wins on their own.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    You actually think that Lebron's career is already better than Birds??? You do realize that most experts have bird at least top 7 of all time. So basically you are saying that Lebron is already a top 6 player of all time in your eyes.

    See I told you guys that there were guys out there who actually believe this. And you say the Laker/Kobe fans are bad.
    I don't need to give justification. My opinion is already validated by the majority. If you wan't to make a case otherwise...the burden of proof is on you.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    33,742
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I don't need to give justification. My opinion is already validated by the majority. If you wan't to make a case otherwise...the burden of proof is on you.
    Congrats you can follow the crowd blindly.

    You still can't call out the minority without some substance.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,726
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Bulls would have swept Miami last year .
    In your dreams?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,726
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    Congrats you can follow the crowd blindly.

    You still can't call out the minority without some substance.
    He'll probably pull up some YouTube clips as substance

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    686
    vCash
    1500
    Right now, it's Bird but probably in 2-4 years it's LeBron

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,013
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Carried them to bad losses in the playoffs in 3 out of 5 years. Twice v Boston and once v Orlando. I mean kacked it.

    Nobody that supports James wants to talk about the playoffs pre this year - that much is clear from reading these threads. For good reason.
    I respect you quite a bit. But you are nuts if you don't think Bron/Bird isn't already a topic to consider, and extremely nuts if you don't think Bron passes him in a couple years.

    LeBron, previous to this season, had great playoff numbers.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    Congrats you can follow the crowd blindly.

    You still can't call out the minority without some substance.
    I don't think you quite understand how this works. Since you are the one who disagrees with the majority opinion, it's you who is required to first come to the table with some sort of "substance". Again, let me reiterate, you are the one rejecting the general consensus. This thread is a poll after all and your opinion reflects the one that was voted to be the minority. the burden of proof therefore lies with you as I said in the previous post.

    I am not "following the crowd blindly", I just happen to share their opinion.

    Additionally, there have been numerous posts throughout this thread loaded with sufficient "substance" to merit the majority opinion. With that in mind, I really don't feel it's fair for you to burden me by asking me to personally rehash what was already said all over again when all you have to do is look through the thread yourself. Once you do, I can assure you will find more than enough of a compelling argument to justify why the majority of people originally voted in favor Bird over Lebron. If you still disagree, feel free to form your own conclusion that hopefully includes some vital information you feel was not brought to the table originally. The next logical step is then write a rebuttal. If you are then able to make a valid enough point in contradiction to the popular opinion through your rebuttal, I will then respond with the "substance" you are looking for.

    I have a question for you? When the majority opinion elects a leader through the the democratic voting process our country was founded on, are they "following the crowd blindly too"? Do you consider anyone who votes in contrast to you to be following the crowd blindly? Isn't it possible that they simply agree with the opposing position? I could easily use your same logic back at you and say you are following the Lebron crowd blindly. I was simply pointing out the fact that the majority concurs with my opinion, not that I only agree because it's the majority.
    Last edited by amos1er; 09-29-2012 at 05:24 AM.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    He was already on one.
    Bird never had anyone as good as Wade and Bosh. Though his team was deeper, but not enough to account for having a top 5 and a top 15-20 player at his side.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,954
    vCash
    1500
    1. Bird
    2. Lebron

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •