Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    What is that? Why were they listed as the blazers? Why did they have records next to their names? Did Splitter and Brown really not play? And if not, does anyone know the reasons? Looks like Blair might have been on the floor quite a bit. Wonder if they are trying to get him more reps to see if he can finally get comfortable in the system.
    No clue on the blazers thing, probably because in the gym they had to use 2 teams for the scoreboard maybe?

Splitter apparently (but not shockingly) has an injured knee. I don't know the severity or maybe it's just precautionary.

Don't know about Brown.

***Update on Tiago- Not a Knee Injury

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
    Tiago Splitter only participated in the non-contact portion of today's practice while recovering from back spasms.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 10-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the updates and posting the scrimmage. I am digging Sjax's hair.

vCash
    I just watched the clip and am unsure what people have a big issue with. It wasn't a drastic change from other interviews that he has done. His demeanor and tone is generally laid back, so I don't think he was being defensive nor was he being lethargic.

In regards to the questions about his status/pt, he completely said the right things in my mind. He avoided the question. We all know he wasn't happy, we all know he wants more pt. So how should he feel. He didn't demand a trade, he didn't take potshots at the FO or Pop and he didn't play into the reporters hands of trying to get a sound byte. I think Blair is ready and willing to play and will give his all for this team as long as he is a part of it. That being said, I also don't think he is a TP or even a Leonard for that matter who will respond in positive ways to Pops strategies for player development. So I think his time is coming to an end, but I don't think he is a head case nor will he cause us problems.
    How can he not understand that he is auditioning for his next contract and that his attitude directly affects his paycheck? He has diminished his trade value by showing the whole NBA his current malcontent, and cost himself a pretty penny next year when he gets passed over until the end of free agency because of his selfish attitude. All he had to do was say the right things, wait one more year and get his payday. Then he could have gotten as fat and angry as he wanted to...

vCash
    Video: Spurs' Ginobili says having Powell, Curry a 'big thing'
    Written by Jeff Garcia

The biggest need heading into the new season is size on the San Antonio Spurs. Currently, the team only has Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter but after that, it's a considerable drop off. The team is undersized and can use some help in the paint.

And as training camp is well underway, Manu Ginobili says having Josh Powell and Eddy Curry on the roster is a huge help.

Whether Powell or Curry make the final roster remains to be seen but considering the squad needs help in the paint, it's not out of the realm of possibility one makes the team.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...big-thing.html

Video ^

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imwithstuped View Post
    How can he not understand that he is auditioning for his next contract and that his attitude directly affects his paycheck? He has diminished his trade value by showing the whole NBA his current malcontent, and cost himself a pretty penny next year when he gets passed over until the end of free agency because of his selfish attitude. All he had to do was say the right things, wait one more year and get his payday. Then he could have gotten as fat and angry as he wanted to...
    Can you explain what you saw in the interview that showed that he is selfish and angry? What you heard that wasn't the 'right thing'? I also don't understand why you think he is fat. If you listened carefully, the question was in regards to him being in better shape this camp. I haven't seen much, but from everything I have heard, he worked hard this offseason. And when asked if he was demanding a trade or was upset with his situation he answered 'no'. He didn't say "I love it here", which we all know would be a lie, and he didn't say "no comment" which is a cop-out, and he didn't blast the FO. What did you want him to say? Just because not everyone loves it in SA doesn't mean that they are low class or bad attitudes, it is just that he has an expectation for his PT and it is different from Pops. I just don't get what you saw in this video that shows you that there are major issues there.

vCash
    Can you explain what you saw in the interview that showed that he is selfish and angry? What you heard that wasn't the 'right thing'? I also don't understand why you think he is fat. If you listened carefully, the question was in regards to him being in better shape this camp. I haven't seen much, but from everything I have heard, he worked hard this offseason. And when asked if he was demanding a trade or was upset with his situation he answered 'no'. He didn't say "I love it here", which we all know would be a lie, and he didn't say "no comment" which is a cop-out, and he didn't blast the FO. What did you want him to say? Just because not everyone loves it in SA doesn't mean that they are low class or bad attitudes, it is just that he has an expectation for his PT and it is different from Pops. I just don't get what you saw in this video that shows you that there are major issues there.
    His body language and short answers I think. I think its obvious he doesn't want to be here, and to an extent I don't blame him.

There's a few things he said that seemed a little bitter and "snappy" towards the media. 1st was when they asked what he can do to get a bigger role when the playoffs come around he gives a little laugh and says "i don't know, something.. I have to figure out what this team wants from me" as if to say (and I'm paraphrasing here) I feel like I've been doing everything right already...

They also asked if he saw a situation where he still wants to be here [camp] or somewhere else and he replies "I'm here".

It's obvious he doesn't want to be here, I think anyone who saw that would agree. NO doubt he's lost weight and even added a nice little jumped (or so it appears) from that open scrimmage. I just hope the team can really separate themselves from him sooner rather than later, cause at this point he's got this me first attitude it seems and I don't see how the team can have that closeness and chemistry when you have someone like that on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    His body language and short answers I think. I think its obvious he doesn't want to be here, and to an extent I don't blame him.

There's a few things he said that seemed a little bitter and "snappy" towards the media. 1st was when they asked what he can do to get a bigger role when the playoffs come around he gives a little laugh and says "i don't know, something.. I have to figure out what this team wants from me" as if to say (and I'm paraphrasing here) I feel like I've been doing everything right already...

They also asked if he saw a situation where he still wants to be here [camp] or somewhere else and he replies "I'm here".

It's obvious he doesn't want to be here, I think anyone who saw that would agree. NO doubt he's lost weight and even added a nice little jumped (or so it appears) from that open scrimmage. I just hope the team can really separate themselves from him sooner rather than later, cause at this point he's got this me first attitude it seems and I don't see how the team can have that closeness and chemistry when you have someone like that on the team.
    I'm squarely in the crappy attitude camp. He was deflecting and avoiding questions, and wasn't convincing at ALL on the few questions he answered with "positive" replies. The last question was the kicker for me. If he isn't SURE he wants to be in SA, he needs to go as soon as Spurs can get anything for him. It was straight up embarrassing just seeing that. Out of ALL the interviews HIS was the only one where a player wasn't engaged and forthcoming.

vCash
    Here is my point, he clearly isn't pleased. I never said he was happy in his interview, my point is that it wasn't cancerous. Just because that is how he reacts to reporters in that situation does not mean that this is representative of a locker room demeanor. As a Bears fan, I can easily compare it to Lance Briggs and his recent situations with the bears. He continually complains about contract situations, but it does not affect his play. I don't see this spilling over to the team or production.

And he has a valid point. He went from playing 20mpg during the last month of the season to seeing his smallest playoff role ever. I still don't understand the major change. Blair was the same player at the end of the season as he was at the beginning. Was it anything special, no, but why completely alter the lineup come playoff time? I am not saying playing Blair would have beat OKC but from Blair's perspective, his reduction in playing time makes little sense and if he doesn't get a chance to produce here, why wouldn't he want to leave.

But once again, I encourage you to re-look at previous interviews with him. Yes he was more upset this interview, but he is never a media darling nor is he very talkative. It is part of his personality. I also would still like for someone to explain what answer you would have prefered from a guy who feels as though they will be underutilized. He said he needs to do what the coaches tell him. Exactly, great answer. Even if he doesn't believe it and he couldn't hide some disappointment, he at least acknowledged what needs to happen.

vCash
    Here is my point, he clearly isn't pleased. I never said he was happy in his interview, my point is that it wasn't cancerous. Just because that is how he reacts to reporters in that situation does not mean that this is representative of a locker room demeanor. As a Bears fan, I can easily compare it to Lance Briggs and his recent situations with the bears. He continually complains about contract situations, but it does not affect his play. I don't see this spilling over to the team or production.

And he has a valid point. He went from playing 20mpg during the last month of the season to seeing his smallest playoff role ever. I still don't understand the major change. Blair was the same player at the end of the season as he was at the beginning. Was it anything special, no, but why completely alter the lineup come playoff time? I am not saying playing Blair would have beat OKC but from Blair's perspective, his reduction in playing time makes little sense and if he doesn't get a chance to produce here, why wouldn't he want to leave.

But once again, I encourage you to re-look at previous interviews with him. Yes he was more upset this interview, but he is never a media darling nor is he very talkative. It is part of his personality. I also would still like for someone to explain what answer you would have prefered from a guy who feels as though they will be underutilized. He said he needs to do what the coaches tell him. Exactly, great answer. Even if he doesn't believe it and he couldn't hide some disappointment, he at least acknowledged what needs to happen.
    I understand why he was upset, but once Diaw came into the lineup it's hard to not see the immediate advantages he had over Diaw. Blair was still a liability defensively, doesn't move his feet relatively well, and had a hard time staying in shape. Diaw came in and his first game (I believe) was against Dallas where he defended Dirk pretty dam well all things considering. Blair could never have that success. He doesn't have the lateral quickness or length. So Diaw came in, and pretty much took his spot. The offense also went up a level cause Diaw is such a great passer, and he can spread the floor.

Which is why I give Blair his props for losing weight and adding the jump shot to his game. Problem is, during the season he didn't seem to get better as the season went on. All the stuff he did this off season, he should've did during the season. If he wanted more minutes, he really should've maximized the time he did get. But that said, I do understand his frustration.

And I don't know about not being talkative he's always on twitter expressing himself and saying things kind of hinting at his disappointment. (if you consider that talkative lol)

vCash
    Link for pre-season opener tonight:

No Tiago tonight...

http://www.frombar.tv/a-0/10/6/a-100777.html (haven't tested yet we'll see in about 30-35 minutes)

**Disregard... It has the game listed but does not show unfortunately...
    Last edited by kdspurman; 10-06-2012 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    Box score from tonights game:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400400464

Powell was impressive putting up 7pts and 7 boards in 17 minutes.

Few quotes on Curry:

Paul Garcia PS@24writer
    Curry takes it up again, missed, but got his rebound and slammed it down on the defener. Very Shaq-esque
    Paul Garcia PS@24writer
    Curry with the and-1 as he takes his defender one-on-one to the rim. The play made #JackBack jump from his seat. #Spurs

vCash
    Never said he there were major issues there, never said he was fat, I said he was an idiot giving attitude in front of the press in a contract year which gives the appearance of being a malcontent... Playing on his rookie salary you would think he would be more worried about his potential payday... Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I showed the interview to a few people in the office and they all said he was obviously disgruntled. I can't remember a Spur giving an interview like that in a long long time.
    Last edited by Imwithstuped; 10-07-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Box score from tonights game:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400400464

Powell was impressive putting up 7pts and 7 boards in 17 minutes.

Few quotes on Curry:
    Interesting, he didn't show that as a 20 year old. LMAO. I just don't get excited for it. But we could use a big. If he can stay motivated and not be the fat lazy inconsistent malcontent he always is otherwise.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Interesting, he didn't show that as a 20 year old. LMAO. I just don't get excited for it. But we could use a big. If he can stay motivated and not be the fat lazy inconsistent malcontent he always is otherwise.
    I don't either cause I am not sure he'll make the team. With Splitter being injured so often, I do like the idea of having someone that is 7 feet to be a big body to put on the bigger guys in the league.

But Powell was impressive. If it were up to me, I'd cut my losses with Blair and sign both of them assuming they both continue to do well in the pre-season.

vCash
    Even in the event Eddy Curry doesn't make the Spurs, word is he's played well enough to have drawn interest from... several teams, which are supposedly keeping tabs on him. Then again, Curry no longer seems like such a long shot to make the Spurs' final roster. The Bucks, Trail Blazers, Hornets and yes, Bulls, all may have an interest if Curry is cut loose.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast