Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Eddy Curry

vCash
    Eddy curry in da house! Can anyone say savior?

Eh, he is a big guy and looks to be in great shape. Not a great defenderr or rebounder but whatever. He is big. Not to mention he has a ton to prove. Lets hope he is a surprise. If not, nothing lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnWantedTheory View Post
    Eddy curry in da house! Can anyone say savior?

Eh, he is a big guy and looks to be in great shape. Not a great defenderr or rebounder but whatever. He is big. Not to mention he has a ton to prove. Lets hope he is a surprise. If not, nothing lost.
    Exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Exactly!

LIKE!!

he didn't played well or even played for Heat, but this news removes my disappointment on Spurs not signing Blatche, and only having Powell as the biggest one on the initial listings.

Im looking forward to have Curry play as a Spur, and hope he plays well and be the missing link.

Even if I feel that we still need more to beat OKC and LAL, this is a good step, with discipline and good coaching management skills, who knows, we might just win another one in this odd yr 2013

vCash
    Eddy Curry's name just made me haphazardly pass out. Did I just see we got one of the NBA's laughing stocks in camp. :beatheadintowall: He's a big alright, but blah. Ryan Richards please!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Eddy Curry's name just made me haphazardly pass out. Did I just see we got one of the NBA's laughing stocks in camp. :beatheadintowall: He's a big alright, but blah. Ryan Richards please!
    The feedback was he didn't really wow enough people in the Summer League I think... I was really hoping he did cause he seems like the perfect big we need, young, mobile, can stretch the floor and score inside.

Here's an article on him. Maybe it's not too late for him, but I guess we'll have to wait and see

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...ning-camp.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Eddy Curry's name just made me haphazardly pass out. Did I just see we got one of the NBA's laughing stocks in camp. :beatheadintowall: He's a big alright, but blah.
    Ryan Richards please
    !
    +1!

Eddy curry? I can't remember him getting minutes with his past teams. I can't remember him getting a rebound! And I don't remember him contributing to the Miami Heat. What can this guy really bring?!

Did he really loose weight? He seems the same to me when he was with miami. Hopefully, Pop knows exactly what to do with his "big body" on the floor.

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    +1!

Eddy curry? I can't remember him getting minutes with his past teams. I can't remember him getting a rebound! And I don't remember him contributing to the Miami Heat. What can this guy really bring?!

Did he really loose weight? He seems the same to me when he was with miami. Hopefully, Pop knows exactly what to do with his "big body" on the floor.
    I mean it is a big, so I guess that's something. I just don't think he fits the Spurs way that well if at all. I don't really have any other ideas with Fesenko being in Chicago. Outside of the former Hawk Jordan Williams.

vCash

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA
    Observing Spurs camp today: Jerry Sloan

vCash
    Video: Spurs GM Buford on offseason moves & more
    Written by Jeff Garcia

The San Antonio Spurs offseason was relatively quiet as the team stood pat and (as of right now) only added guard Nando De Colo. Clearly, the Spurs are looking at stability and keeping the chemistry strong heading into the new season.

Spurs GM R.C. Buford spoke about the offseason and much more with our friend, Don Harris, over at News 4 WOAI. Buford touched on offseason moves, Tony Parker's eye injury, and much more.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...oves-more.html

^ video link

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash

vCash
    De Colo ready for chance with Spurs
    Written by Kyle Boenitz

Nando De Colo comes into this year’s San Antonio Spurs season with a great deal of expectations on his shoulders. Even though the team is stacked at the guard position, he’s going to be expected to contribute right away because Spurs fans have been waiting to see what he can do since he was drafted back in 2009.

No doubt Coach Popovich will ride the hot hand at the guard spot. De Colo will be competing with Manu Ginobili, Danny Green and Gary Neal at shooting guard and since he can play a little at the point as well, he’ll be backing up Tony Parker and Patty Mills.

De Colo seems to be ready for the challenge and excited for his first opportunity in the NBA.

“I am delighted to be here in San Antonio and could start the season with this team,” said de Colo. “It's a new experience for me, with many goals. I'll wait to see what the coach wants from me and I will train hard to earn my place. Yes, the truth is that there are many players in both positions, but as I said before, I will see what position the coach needs me and I'll train hard to develop my game.”
    ”Coach Pop always seems to find ways to turn a seemingly unfortunate situation to his advantage. The Spurs are so overloaded with guards but thin in the post, so fans have to hope they can find a way to play small ball or some other option that uses their depth."

Nando De Colo could be a big part of the team’s success this year, but I guess if it doesn’t work out, they have plenty of other guards to fall back on.
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...ith-spurs.html
    Last edited by AlexTmz2; 10-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    What is the great Jerry Sloan doing at training camp?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Lighting the fires on Eddy Curry
    By J.R. Wilco
    Pounding The Rock

After yesterday's excellent post from Aaron Preine, Checking the tires on Tim Duncan, I couldn't resist writing something about the man that the Whirlwide Liter ranked as the worst player in the NBA. Yes, the 7 foot tall Illinoisan from Harvey who shunned DePaul University to jump straight to the NBA. The same Thornwood High School graduate that, in the 2002-2003 season, became the first Chicago Bull since Michael Jordan to lead the league (58.5% field goal percentage) in a major statistical category. The gentleman who played a total of 83 minutes for the Miami Heat last year, and was buried so deep on the bench that he logged nary a minute in the postseason.

Yes, THAT Eddy Curry!

Now, it's not like the Spurs have been a franchise to shun the occasional reclamation project. From Nick Van Excel to Glenn Robinson (who even won a ring in SA in 2005) and beyond, it's been normal occurrence for a semi-random league malcontent to be snagged off the association's scrap heap and slotted into the rotation in San Antonio. In fact, it was March of this year, at last season's trade deadline, that PATFO added Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson: a couple of players who had already worn out their welcomes with multiple teams.

So, when R.C. Buford agrees to sign someone whose reputation doesn't quite mesh with the template of the prototypical Spur, the franchise has earned a good amount of leeway from its fans. Enough for us to at least take a breath before overreacting.
    BUT EDDY CURRY? REALLY! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

He's the poster boy for NBA underachievers. After showing early promise, he's settled in, and for his career, he has averaged more turnovers per game (2.2) than blocks (.7), steals (.3) and assists (.5) COMBINED. He has, and this is putting it kindly, struggled with his weight for years; with the highlight being in 2009 when his own personal trainer stated that it would be "delusional" for then coach Mike D'Antoni to think Curry could get down to 285lbs, which was the weight at which the Knicks listed him. At that time, he tilted the scales at 328. Today, he's noticeably slimmer, but the question remains as to whether that's sustainable for him.

Since the end of the 2007-2008 season, he has played 24 games. No, that's not a per-year stat, that's a total. He's struggled with irregular heartbeat. He's tangled with his coaches at multiple stops. He's been bought out, passed over, and declared washed up.

I'm not known for doing hatchet-jobs on players, and I don't mean this to be one either. Everything I've referred to was pretty well documented long before the first time Curry donned the silver and black. The truth is that I prefer a comeback story to almost any other kind, and what would be a bigger headline than Eddy turning things around in the Alamo city? For me, that would be a LINSANITY-level shocker.

Sure, the odds are against him, but a success of his wouldn't be much of a feel-good story without him being a long shot. Chances are that he will only be with the team through training camp, where he'll be a (hopefully) active body for Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter, DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner to practice against. But who knows what could happen? I'm not much of a betting man, but the last time I checked, it's the underdogs that pay off the best. And since everyone with a pulse is constantly mentioning the Spurs' need for another big, it would be pretty serendipitous if Curry has a renaissance this year and returns to relevance.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/...-training-camp

^

(During NBA lockout)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast