Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Official Football Manager 2013 Thread

Yeah this game definitely deserves its own thread. It comes out Nov. 2nd, talk about your team and/or story in here if you want. Discuss strategies and whatever you want about the best soccer simulator.

vCash

35 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!

football, not soccer... it's even in the game's title

vCash
    If you don`t wanna wait or don`t have the $ to buy it( or can`t find a pirate copy on the net ) you can simply find a "summer transfer update pack" and play the 2012 version with the updated rosters.

vCash
    I want the 2013 features...

vCash
    Summer updates suck... they don't make sense to me. Heck, January updates suck too. Why would a team have a player from July who wasn't in their team till January.

Take Djibril Cisse for example. He was a Panathinaikos player till mid July. He moved to Lazio and then was transferred to QPR on the last day of the winter transfer period (January 31st).
    This player starts at QPR in the FM2012 which starts in June/July. Makes no sense at all.

If these "updates" had future transfers rather than what they have now, then it'd be much much better for the game.

vCash
    I never worry about updated rosters cause I usually start off as unemployed for a year and by the following year a lot of transfers have already happened.

vCash
    unemployed start is nice when you have lower leagues going... just not have 'international or professional player rep' which guarantess a quick good job

vCash
    I wish I could do that, my computer sucks so I can only do like the 3 leagues or I get like half a star for computer performance

vCash
    2014-2015 Atalanta: Won the League and Italian Cup. Lost in the Semis of the CL, I got crushed by Arsenal 7-1 on Aggregate . I won the league by 1 point but I had it wrapped up after week 37 though. Beat Milan in the IC final 2-0. Consigli, Mollo, and Cerci named to the Serie A team of the season. Gonna try and win the CL with them next season and then move on to a new league probably.

vCash
    goal this game: bring a D2 team to D1 and not get fired 2 seasons in .

vCash
    Cannot wait for this! November 2nd release date is so far away...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    goal this game: bring a D2 team to D1 and not get fired 2 seasons in .
    The only way to avoid this is by undercutting your expectations every time it's offered to avoid delivering on placement promises to the board. It's dumb, especially when you are at a top-flight club, but most clubs require you to exceed promises regularly. (The only exception is becoming a legend at the club - then you're set for life if you want)

I'm looking forward to bringing Bolton back up to prominence. I hope their wages are massively messed up in the beginning of the game. Having to sell players the second you start to bring wages under control and then building back up is some of the most satisfying managing in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I never worry about updated rosters cause I usually start off as unemployed for a year and by the following year a lot of transfers have already happened.
    why that?

vCash
    a lot of people start off unemployed for some reason. I never know why, never asked. I don't.

vCash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast