I know there is 1 main contender with Mia, and there will be plenty of threads about them. but what about the other teams we have to get through? who scares you? Heres my list:
1. Philly- bynum is the conference's best player outside of Mia, i think they can even give Mia difficulty when you have hawes, thad young, kwame in the front court as well. nick young is a budding #2 option scorer, and holiday is solid, it'll be interesting to see how turner and j-rich can play. they also landed moultrie and harkless in the draft. they are scary.
2. bulls- thibs has showed they will win games in the regular season, but rose gives the team a shot at the ECF and he is missing a good portion of the season and who knows how good he'll be when back year 1. rondo should be able to win that matchup. they have a good balance of veteran talent, we'll likely have to get through em at some point.
3. indy- a formidable threat, they were a young team that made a good run last year, so it suggests they can do the same or even build on that this year, but with bird gone now (so it sounds), i think they miss that swagger.
4. Nets- I said Bynum is the best player in the EC outside Mia but D-Will could have something to say, im pretty sure he can win the all important PG matchup with anyone in the east. this team is scary on paper but they have to get used to each other. by end of the year they could top this list or take over as undisputed paper champs. im not a joe johnson or b lopez fan, why is avery still coaching em?
5. knicks- speaking of paper chumps. im so used to seeing this team implode and have no reason to think it wont happen again, i still love melo but this team isnt really a threat imo, just wanted to sling a couple shots.
Atl and orlando are done.
Detroit could be a dark horse, i like the young talent they are compiling. cleveland too, kyrie is so damn sweet, franchise savior level.