Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    while my team was one of the teams that fell within the tanking rules a few years back, I thought the committee would look at the teams in a case by case basis. like if a team is playing a ****** player when there is an obvious replacement in AAA or in the FA and they do nothing about it, that's tanking. obviously the committee fell apart but I think that's the way it should be enforced in the future

vCash
    Can't believe VRP got rid of that contract lol

vCash
    I gotta be honest if the committee still exists and I'm in it I vote in favour of CWS losing his pick. Hasn't made any FA signings, called up guys only once in May (when I assume he was autoed). Add in all the replacement level guys and it's pretty clear he was tanking and violated the rules.

So yeah, that's my official vote, if we're still following it.

Atlanta & Seattle should hit 55 so I won't say anything on them.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I'm in favor of not changing anything, but instead just enforcing the rules that we have in place. IMO the committee members should take it upon themselves to check at the end of the season to see if there is anyone under the 55 cap and at that point just check out their team and pm ron and I with their findings and vote. If we need a 3rd member because one has now left, we can take volunteers for the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISDODGERS View Post
    I was shocked someone claimed him.

vCash
    Best sim ever!

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISDODGERS View Post
    I can afford to take on the deal. Hitters usually do quite a bit better at Wrigley so I expect his production to go back up. I'm not planning on spending any money in FA this season and I'm going to be okay with this financially. His contract will put me over budget next season but after that, I'll be fine. Having him in the outfield along with Lerma and Thomas is going to be sick.

vCash
    Cubs have become the first TKO team to hit a 200M payroll.
    TKO Royals GM 2015 -2040
    "Ain't nothin' but a KC thang"
    12 - 100 Win Seasons
    5 - AL Pennants
    3 - World Series Titles

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba_the_Beast View Post
    Cubs have become the first TKO team to hit a 200M payroll.
    Giants are a 200 million payroll team now and I'll only be at 145 million next season. Since I won't have to pay a penny of his salary this season, I won't actually be a 200 million team at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    I'm in favor of not changing anything, but instead just enforcing the rules that we have in place. IMO the committee members should take it upon themselves to check at the end of the season to see if there is anyone under the 55 cap and at that point just check out their team and pm ron and I with their findings and vote. If we need a 3rd member because one has now left, we can take volunteers for the job.
    I certainly hope you're not throwing Strife and myself under a bus considering you have just as much interest in ensuring nobody is under 55 wins. You could have just as easily asked for a vote, but you didn't. Plenty of blame to pass around.

And for the record, I've mentioned that several teams are tanking publically on the forum once a season ends. Pretty sure I did that last year and maybe the year before that. So it's not as simple as you're making it out to be.

And again, for the record, my vote is CWS was tanking.

Edit: It was in the 2033 season chat thread when I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    It's not a matter of reviewing it or not being the problem. It's because none of the higher ups issued the punishment. Everybody knew Arizona was tanking and that he had 30-40 wins, but nobody did anything because he *****ed that had he lost his first he would have quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    The fact that Arizona got away punishment free when he had by far the worst season ever in league history basically means we can't do anything to the Reds. There was no point in talking to Arizona when that was blatant tanking and if he didn't get punished, then what can we really do to Cinci?

Just let it go. If a team is stupid enough to tank and kill their financial revenue (robbing them of any ability to keep their team together after 3-4 years) then let them tank. It's because they're worthless GM's that they had to tank in the first place, because if they had any skill they wouldn't be failing to win 55 games in the first place.

I'm a big supporter of the anti-tanking rules but if we're not going to enforce them wtf is the point of having them?
    So yes, I did say publically that we should do something to the Reds, and the Diamondbacks were such an obvious case of tanking it really didn't require a vote. But if you'd like this to work in the future, either you should PM us asking if someone tanked or we should PM you. Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way, obviously there's blame on both sides.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 10-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Twitchy i wasnt calling anyone out. I waa suggesting what we should do.

vCash
    I'm gonna tank
    I'm In.

vCash
    I am going on Shark Tank.

vCash
    Anyone ever seen the show Tanked? I'd love to have one of their tanks in my house.

vCash
    Have you ever seen the movie Tank? You wouldn't want to have that tank in your house.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast