Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1005
  1. #511
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    So yeah.

    1.1 million customers on long Island 850,000 without power. Montauk has become a temporary island. Manhattan roughly 12 feet of water. Part of queens/Brooklyn is burning and can't be put out because fire personal could not get to the scene due to flooding. Last I checked over two blocks were burning. Fire fighters were trapped. One conformed person killed by a tree. Beaches are completely Breached and eroded, one fire island community had 7 houses washed out too sea. I'm sure there's a lot more I'm forgetting and it's only the beginning. The next block over from me has power but not me. We didn't even get the brunt of the storm I can only imagine what happened the the shore communities in new jersey.

    I spent roughly 16 hours at my fire house during the storm and we responded as a department to 220 calls. We had water rescues, a house fire. Amongst many insane cals.. What a nightmare this storm was.
    How could there be house fires if it's raining and flooding?


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    How could there be house fires if it's raining and flooding?
    I heard there were locusts and frogs too.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,769
    vCash
    1000
    Never lost power in the storm. No flooding of any kind either.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Media overhype like every hurricane. Sure there was a mess but it wasn't Armageddon.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Media overhype like every hurricane. Sure there was a mess but it wasn't Armageddon.
    That's why JD never got a Swine Flu shot during that scare. Bunch of media B.S. hype that they're trying to scare us with.


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    That's why JD never got a Swine Flu shot during that scare. Bunch of media B.S. hype that they're trying to scare us with.
    Make sure u don't open the mail.....Anthrax!

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Make sure u don't open the mail.....Anthrax!
    Why, I just diiiiiiiiiiiiiii...................


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,147
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like the Myans were right.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    How could there be house fires if it's raining and flooding?
    Power lines falling on houses, cars..sparking and setting things on fire?

    Didn't watch the news?

    110 hours burned in breezy point, queens.(rockaways)


    Here's some photos:

    http://news.yahoo.com/huge-fire-sand...011011597.html

    Here's an aerial photo of the fire damage to the 110 homes and businesses.

    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71173065_n.jpg

    Fire services could not get to the fire due to flooding. It was very bad. We had 2 house fires in my district on long island.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 10-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,652
    vCash
    1500
    How 'bout them sharks swimming in the streets? Crazy.

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    The looting was insane!

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Power lines falling on houses, cars..sparking and setting things on fire?

    Didn't watch the news?

    110 hours burned in breezy point, queens.(rockaways)


    Here's some photos:

    http://news.yahoo.com/huge-fire-sand...011011597.html

    Here's an aerial photo of the fire damage to the 110 homes and businesses.

    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71173065_n.jpg

    Fire services could not get to the fire due to flooding. It was very bad. We had 2 house fires in my district on long island.
    I was just wondering how fires could start in the rain, but I've seen the photos and it looks insane. Kinda reminds me of what happened to Joplin a year ago, except you guys have water damage.


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    To turn this into a happy thread. Any plans for tonight, parties, trick-or-treating, other plans.


    Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    To turn this into a happy thread. Any plans for tonight, parties, trick-or-treating, other plans.
    Nothing special. I'd like to spend time with the girlfriend, but with school, work, etc I dont think itll happen.

    Probably just hang out with the family, knock back some booze, eat, and watch horror movies.

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    I'm going to murder someone.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •