Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have respect for the long term success of people involved in a lot of frats. ..although some are just downright pathetic.

Some frats get a lot of respect and recognition; some get none.

It's def not for most.

I just feel the way the hazing is done is immature. There are many other ways of making a "pledge" do things..that can be more constructive.

I mean raising a cat for a few months then throwing them on a train? Your basically toying with an animals emotions and life; and now making them homeless, instead of letting them grow up possibly with a family who will actually love them.

Glory hole? STD waiting to happen.

Again just my opinion.

To each one's own.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 09-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I have respect for the long term goals of most "frats"..although some are just downright pathetic.

Some frats get a lot of respect and recognition; some get none.

It's def not for most.

I just feel the way the hazing is done is immature. There are many other ways of making a "pledge" do things..that can be more constructive.
    Honestly, what we do is not bad compared to others. We do not directly inflict harm on other people (not counting the pledgers).

I heard a story once about a frat kidnapping a professor, handcuffing him to a pole in the middle of nowhere.

And yes, I go to a well-know school. Universities that are not so well-know or popular have dupe frats

vCash
    I mean raising a cat for a few months then throwing them on a train? Your basically toying with an animals emotions and life; and now making them homeless, instead of letting them grow up possibly with a family who will actually love them.

But I guess the pledges know what to expect when pledging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

But I guess the pledges know what to expect when pledging.
    Yes.

AND...do you know how many stray cats there are out there? These things re-produce like mice. Go to any shelter, buy/adopt a cat, and they will have that cats spot replaced in no time. Also, most of them are put down because no one buys them.

I'm also an animal lover though. I know it does toy with their emotions. But the worst that will happen is they become stray again or get back into a shelter

vCash
    Matty! I got ur MSG. Funny. But then you got banned.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Wait til u see the catch in the mets game. Whoa!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Leo should have to inject botox into his balls so they dont sag anymore. Your entry into the PSD frat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Leo should have to inject botox into his balls so they dont sag anymore. Your entry into the PSD frat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I think people get the wrong idea of frats and sororities though. Many successful people in today's world were once part of one. Its an experience you either choose to participate in, or stay away from. It is not for everyone though.
    I think like many things, the bad ones tend to stick out more and make a bad name for the others. I don't see it as "paying for friends" or any of that ****, but I also think there are a lot of campuses that have entirely too much emphasis on them.

I rushed when I was a Frosh, and decided not to join any frats. I am glad I didn't for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that I simply would not have graduated with my triple major and frat stuff. I look back at my first semester in college and generally this is the face I make: .

I had a lot of friends in frats, my brother was in one, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I think a lot of people that have bad opinions of frats tend to forget that it's just a collection of like minded people. So if a certain frat are a bunch of elitist *******s on campus, guess what? They're going to get along with and recruit MORE elitist *******s.

Sororities are worlds different because girls are much more about their social status and crap than guys. You don't see guys bawling how their lives are over at 18/19 because some group didn't accept them. That said though, the Sororities seem to be much more about public outreach and fundraising, so that's good. Sure, they drink just as much as the guys, just not at their houses.

The only real thing that got me annoyed while in school was how to some people, Greek life was their whole world. Again, it is very easy to forget that these are the minority because they're the most visible (and most annoying). Many "GDIs" can relay stories of being ****ed over just because you're not Greek. I know guys and girls (myself included) who got dumped because they weren't Greeks.

Finally, I just wanna say that there is also an over emphasis on the importance of Greek life as it relates to your success. Sure, you can make some great connections in Greek life, but if you're not going into business or something related to what most of your brothers/sisters are doing, it's not going to help. It's not like knowing a bunch of lawyers would help me get another job when I'm done at NASA.

vCash
    Finally, I'd just like to say wearing a tie to a football game doesn't make you cool, it makes you a douchebag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    I think like many things, the bad ones tend to stick out more and make a bad name for the others. I don't see it as "paying for friends" or any of that ****, but I also think there are a lot of campuses that have entirely too much emphasis on them.

I rushed when I was a Frosh, and decided not to join any frats. I am glad I didn't for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that I simply would not have graduated with my triple major and frat stuff. I look back at my first semester in college and generally this is the face I make: .

I had a lot of friends in frats, my brother was in one, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I think a lot of people that have bad opinions of frats tend to forget that it's just a collection of like minded people. So if a certain frat are a bunch of elitist *******s on campus, guess what? They're going to get along with and recruit MORE elitist *******s.

Sororities are worlds different because girls are much more about their social status and crap than guys. You don't see guys bawling how their lives are over at 18/19 because some group didn't accept them. That said though, the Sororities seem to be much more about public outreach and fundraising, so that's good. Sure, they drink just as much as the guys, just not at their houses.

The only real thing that got me annoyed while in school was how to some people, Greek life was their whole world. Again, it is very easy to forget that these are the minority because they're the most visible (and most annoying). Many "GDIs" can relay stories of being ****ed over just because you're not Greek. I know guys and girls (myself included) who got dumped because they weren't Greeks.

Finally, I just wanna say that there is also an over emphasis on the importance of Greek life as it relates to your success. Sure, you can make some great connections in Greek life, but if you're not going into business or something related to what most of your brothers/sisters are doing, it's not going to help. It's not like knowing a bunch of lawyers would help me get another job when I'm done at NASA.
    Post more.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Botox!

Frats!

Ra dickey!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Turned 21 today but of course I can't go out tonight because I have to be up early to student teach tomorrow. Responsibilities suck.

Francisco Cervelli 2013
    .290/.421/.419/.379
    1 HR 6 RBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Turned 21 today but of course I can't go out tonight because I have to be up early to student teach tomorrow. Responsibilities suck.
    Congrats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Enjoy! Oh, and 17 more years til ur balls sag.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast