Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I need to find a video of Bertrand's and-1 to make a gif out of. That was insane!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I need to find a video of Bertrand's and-1 to make a gif out of. That was insane!
    Found it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deavin_17 View Post
    That's the system Groce runs. Let's the PG's run the offense and they shoot the 3 when open and try to cause a lot of turnovers. It worked in Ohio and so far has worked in Illinois, hopefully it continues tonight vs GT!
    Not sure why anyone has a problem with this team jacking up 3's so often. Sure, if they go cold it could become an issue, but 4 of the starters can hit a 3 and a couple of the bench players. They won't all go cold at the same time and it seems like when the shots haven't been falling, Groce has been telling them to attack the basket.

I'm sure they'll lose some games because of bad shooting, but they'll stay in most of them just because of the 3PT shot, which isn't really that hard of a shot in college basketball anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Bertrand is one hell of a weapon to have off the bench. Another solid win tonight. I'm so glad Groce is the coach, the last couple years Bruce was here, I was just so apathetic towards Illinois basketball. Groce has made Illinois basketball exciting again, can't wait to see what he can do with his own recruits.
    I feel the same way. It's just a much more exciting brand of basketball. Nobody wants to watch a team pass it around til there's 3 seconds on the shot clock and then jack up a wild shot and choke away close game after close game...that's pretty much what Illinois was under Bruce Weber for the last 5 years.

In a short amount of time Groce already pulled in a recruiting class with as much talent as Weber ever did, so I'm also excited to see what he can do once he's more established with Illinois.

vCash
    Awesome game yesterday...and well I am worried about the 3's though. If we go down big we are in trouble BUT i love how we are playing and I'm happy to see Griffey to well in his senior year.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    In a short amount of time Groce already pulled in a recruiting class with as much talent as Weber ever did, so I'm also excited to see what he can do once he's more established with Illinois.
    Groce is going to recruit well in Chicago. That is one of his specialties, and he can coach. Last year we would have loss that game to GT. Abrams had a bad game and didnt see the floor much in the 2nd half, but you have to play your hot players and let them make plays and that's what he did with Bertrand. I think Bertrand is a player that is overlooked on this Illinois team and possibly the most talented on this current roster. Also I love what Egwu is doing! He seems to get better every game. He is maturing more on the offensive end and I like that he is trying to extend his game away from the basket, if he can hit a 15 footer on the regular, lanes will open for the guards to drive. I think he becomes a key on this team and how good they become this year.

vCash
    13 in AP, 14 in coaches

vCash
    I felt before the rankings there was no way we were 13 in the nation and after this game it justifies that for me. We aren't that good after we just barely beat Western Carolina. I don't like it how we live and die by the 3 because if some of our top players struggle from the field we won't win against the Michigans or Ohio States of the conference. We are going to have to step up our game come conference time.

vCash
    I felt before the rankings there was no way we were 13 in the nation and after this game it justifies that for me. We aren't that good after we just barely beat Western Carolina. I don't like it how we live and die by the 3 because if some of our top players struggle from the field we won't win against the Michigans or Ohio States of the conference. We are going to have to step up our game come conference time.
    I agree! This is the 2nd time this season that we have played just well enough to beat a small school. If you include GT (who is predicted to finish in the ACC no higher than 7th),that is three teams we were a pretty good favorite over and probably should have lost to. I just dont see how we are in the top 15 in the nation. I think 22 last week was reasonable, but we are not yet a top 15 team. Our strength of schedule thus far in 124th. We have simply beaten the teams we should have beaten.

vCash
    The game against Gonzaga will be tough but it should give us a real look at if we should really be a top 15 team

vCash
    A win tonight would be gravy, but I'd be more than satisfied if the game is just close. This is probably the best Zags team on paper since the Morrison days, and they're a juggernaut at home. If the Illini are competitive tonight, then I'd start to believe they can hang with the IU's, UM's, and OSU's.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Yeah I'm just looking for a hard fought battle out of them. If they win, then it's time to be excited.

vCash
    I can't wait for this

vCash
    good game so far...we started off so ****** but BP is MJ tonight haha...hopefully we win. Great D by the team too, its whats kept us in this with the Zags shooting the lights out on the court.

vCash
    really good game

vCash
    #Groceball sure is fun.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast