Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still had a chance, we went up in the 2nd half
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Tough loss, but it was a great game to watch...Illinois definitely had their chances, but they were dominated on the boards (like they have been all season) and that was really the difference in the game...plus neither Paul or Richmond played very well, so it's hard to win when those guys have rough shooting nights.

Oh well, this team wasn't going to go unbeaten all year. Onto the UC for Auburn & then the B1G schedule starts, which should be fun.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-23-2012 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    I thought they would maybe have it in the 2nd half but again they take to many 3's. On several possessions they just jacked them up for no reason. They need Bertrand to keep cutting to at least draw the D and then kick it out for 3.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    I thought they would maybe have it in the 2nd half but again they take to many 3's. On several possessions they just jacked them up for no reason. They need Bertrand to keep cutting to at least draw the D and then kick it out for 3.
    You better get used to that...this is how Illinois is going to play under Groce. Sometimes the shots just don't fall...DJ Richardson missed at least 3-4 wide open 3's that I can remember. They weren't bad shots...just didn't go in.

vCash
    I guess now we know what happens when they all go cold at the same time. DJ and Abrams looked they were just trying way too hard.

vCash
    our team is no way in hell a top 25 material after barely beating Auburn. Big 10 play we may get killed if we keep this up. Only good thing out of this game was that Abrams went off and scored his career high in points.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Relax.

We're definitely a top 25 and tourney team. The good thing is that when Paul struggled, Abrams was there to carry the load. Paul will get back on track.

Auburn played really well and hurt us again on the offensive glass. That's something we need to work on or else we'll struggle in conference play. Luckily, all we need to do is go 9-9 and we'll be a 23 win team and a tourney lock. Anything more than that is gravy in a tough B10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    our team is no way in hell a top 25 material after barely beating Auburn. Big 10 play we may get killed if we keep this up. Only good thing out of this game was that Abrams went off and scored his career high in points.

People whine and cry over this team WINNING is hilarious. Think about what most thought this team would be before the season. Ranked in the top 25? No. Top 15? Hell no. Enjoy this season for whatever we get out of it which I believe will be a tournament berth and stop crying.

vCash
    Big game tonight as it is the start of the Big Ten season. Whenever you can win on the road in the Big Ten it is huge so hopefully Paul bounces back from last game and the Illini take this one.

vCash
    Ok. I'm a little worried now.

If we can't handle Purdue, a bottom feeder in this conference, we're going to get smoked by the top half of the B10.

vCash
    Nice bounceback win (and a dominating one) against a quality Ohio State team.

vCash
    So if I'm an IU fan making the trip up for our game will I get treated like Eric Gordon did?

#iubb

vCash
    did not see that win coming

vCash
    This team is annoying. They play to the level of their competition. It is going to make for some tense moments against teams like Michigan and Northwestern. lol

vCash
    Surprised you guys didn't come out of hiding after tonight

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast