Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm a believer after tonight. Brandon Paul needs to get more national press because he is amazing.

vCash
    Awesome win over a very good Gonzaga team. It's fun to watch this team play when those 3's are falling and they attack the basket like they did tonight.

When it got close in the last few minutes, I was thinking that this is exactly the kind of game Illinois would have lost under Weber...and that's one of the biggest differences I've noticed (other than tempo) between he & Groce.

And yeah, Paul has been great this season. Looks like a completely different player...so much more under control, more efficient and knows when to attack & get to the FT line. This team should be ranked in the top 10 next week too, so that's cool.

vCash
    Doug Gottlieb and all the other pundits who doubted us can suck my dick.

This team is ****ing legit.

vCash
    I actually wasn't a big Bruce Weber detractor, but you have to wonder what he and the staff were saying to BP. This is a completely different player. Thomas looks like he hit a homerun with Groce, and he needed it with the ****ing mess that is Illinois football.

vCash
    BP's a legit player of the year candidate in this system

And a legit pro prospect

vCash
    BP is really good. We definately would have blown that lead last year. Once they got a little cold I was starting to get a little worried. But they play really good defense and everyone can shoot. If they had a little more post presence they would be really really good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    BP is really good. We definately would have blown that lead last year. Once they got a little cold I was starting to get a little worried. But they play really good defense and everyone can shoot. If they had a little more post presence they would be really really good
    They'd be a scary team if Meyers Leonard didn't go pro.

Anyway, they're ranked #10 in the latest poll, so that's exciting. Should be 12-0 heading into their match up with Mizzou.

vCash
    top 10! cant wait for the mizzou game

vCash
    You going?

vCash
    I've always wanted to go to the Mizzou game. I've been trying to get my dad to go since he went to Mizzou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    You going?
    no. i wish. I went a few years ago, though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They'd be a scary team if Meyers Leonard didn't go pro.

Anyway, they're ranked #10 in the latest poll, so that's exciting. Should be 12-0 heading into their match up with Mizzou.
    Yeah this is frustrating to think about.

But you kinda have to look at the big picture. Leonard was a huge prima donna, and was also a Weber project/baby. So with Weber gone and the fact that he was an extremely likely lotto pick, there was little to no chance he'd stay.

To that degree, if Weber was here and Leonard had stayed, this team almost certainly loses 2 or 3 of these tight games against vastly inferior teams that came down to the wire. They definitely don't win the Maui. And most importantly, they sure as hell aren't the #10 team in the nation...if they're even ranked.

vCash
    I truly believe that Weber completely took Paul's game away from him. Brandon Paul in this offense is a top 20 player in the country. Very fun to watch this team. Need the post players to continue to develop. So far so good for Groce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Yeah this is frustrating to think about.

But you kinda have to look at the big picture. Leonard was a huge prima donna, and was also a Weber project/baby. So with Weber gone and the fact that he was an extremely likely lotto pick, there was little to no chance he'd stay.

To that degree, if Weber was here and Leonard had stayed, this team almost certainly loses 2 or 3 of these tight games against vastly inferior teams that came down to the wire. They definitely don't win the Maui. And most importantly, they sure as hell aren't the #10 team in the nation...if they're even ranked.
    Yeah, I realize that Leonard wasn't going to stay regardless. I know his family wasn't in the best situation at the time and going pro was the only option for him and I can't blame anyone for going after that kind of money when they're so young. It's just fun to think about how good this team might be with a legit post threat.

I don't think it'll take long for Groce to get a stud post player to Champaign anyway. His style of play is much more attractive to recruits than Weber's motion offense. This team will always have the guards, but if they ever land an elite PF/C type...watch out.

vCash
    Anyone know if tonights game is on TV? I see that it is on espn3 but I would rather watch on TV.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast