Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Fighting Illini Thread

Could be a BIG week for the Illini this week. Demetrius Jackson a player from Indiana is announcing on Thursday if he's coming to the Illini or ND. I'm reading on the Illini boards he's going to be coming our way which would be HUGE. Also Xavier Rathan-Mayes has been tweeting which some believe he could be coming to Illini as well. This would be one of the best recruiting classes we've had in a longggg time. I can't wait for this season and we may struggle a bit this year but next year we could be stacked.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    It sounds pretty promising especially if DJ commits XRM will follow.

vCash
    Demetrius is a boss. I am a little disappointed that the Hoosiers didn't make any push for him (being an Indiana boy) but I think the PG will be held down for the next 3-4 years with Yogi and Stan Robinson. I've heard Illinois. We will see though.

#iubb

vCash
    Groce is definitely making the type of impact on the recruiting trail that he needed to make this year to get the fans on his side. If things go his way, that's a top 10 class. Impressive for his first year.

vCash
    Checked with a few more sources and it's all but a done deal. Visit to ND was just out of respect. Decision was already made.
    https://twitter.com/TheInsider_32

Does anyone know who he is and if he is at all credible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheInsider_32

Does anyone know who he is and if he is at all credible?
    don't know I saw that to but if he gets these 2 recruits it'll already be a better recruiting class then BW ever had I think lol

vCash
    How good are the Illini to be this year? Still upset at damn Augustine in the 2005 Championship game.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    I've heard Jackson verballed to the Illini, took the ND visit out of respect, was guilt tripped about ditching his home town team and started to waver.

I still think our black hole at PG, Groce's style of play and Nunn's recent commitment will bring DJax to us.

I'd put the odds at 60/40 Illini, but just so I don't get too disappointed I'll act like he's a lock for the Irish. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised tomorrow. Regardless, Groce is proving himself on the recruiting trail.

vCash
    Sounds like he's going to ND

vCash
    So much for that.

Best of luck to him. Notre Dame fans think they just got a 5 star defensive back.

Groce will continue to bring in talent though.

vCash
    Yeah they didn't get him continue on with XRM and see what happens there. We still have a top 15 class and probably top 10 if XRM comes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    How good are the Illini to be this year? Still upset at damn Augustine in the 2005 Championship game.
    like I said in your other thread, that game was such BS...the refs were letting May walk all over everyone while we got screwed...that game was fixed and we shot god awful that night.

vCash
    Figured I'd bump this thread after the Illini won the Maui tourney.

Very impressed with Groce and how quickly the players seem to have bought into his style of play. I liked Weber, but offensively his teams could be very hard to watch at times. So far that doesn't seem to be the case with Groce's team...it's all attack, attack, attack and kick out for open 3's. They've always had the athletes for an uptempo game, so it's nice to see them finally play that way.

vCash
    I'm just happy to see a fun team again. No more running down the shot clock and having McCamey or Paul jack up an awful shot.

I've still got to question though, what happens when we aren't raining down 3s? This has been a fun team to watch so far though.

vCash
    Yes, I too am very happy with the Illini again. Groce, I hope he does well here and stays for a long time....we'd just have to pay him more to keep him lol

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast