Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Kind of odd to hear that analysis about a guy who was supposed to be so NBA ready.
    Maybe he would have been NBA ready if he wasnt playing in a team that had a start power forward. Things get even more complicated when this team feels that it NEEDS to play love for so many minutes to be sure of the win. And know we have AK 47, which of course is good for us the fans, but not so good for him as the player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    Maybe he would have been NBA ready if he wasnt playing in a team that had a start power forward. Things get even more complicated when this team feels that it NEEDS to play love for so many minutes to be sure of the win. And know we have AK 47, which of course is good for us the fans, but not so good for him as the player
    An NBA ready player should not have to have a starting role to be able to contribute. He should carve a role for himself.

vCash
    He may had the most NBA ready body in that draft, but not skills or natural talent. Imagine if Kyrie Irving isn't this injury prone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    An NBA ready player should not have to have a starting role to be able to contribute. He should carve a role for himself.
    I'm not saying that he should have starting minutes, but in this particular team it is hard for him to have minutes at all. Last season (And for all I know a few seasons before as well) the coach(s) felt that he needed to play Love for almost 40 minutes a game to make sure that the game was won. How can a guy play significant minutes when another guy is playing almost all the minutes in your same position?

I think he should have taken advantage of the games Love couldn't play and given his all. In the end he remained somewhat inconsistent, scoring 20 pts one game and 2 or 0 the next. We should notice, however, that when he did score he was able to score in bunches, averaging (with all his inconsistency) 9pts a game.

I dont think he is a bust at all. We are just expecting too much of a guy who plays more at practice than at games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    Williams played every game last year, and got minutes. He has done nothing to solidify himself in the lineup. Once you get to the NBA, or the NFL, or any pro sport, your draft position doesn't matter anymore. Some GM's push their coaches to play high picks, but many don't. Adelman is not playing someone he doesn't trust. Even within games, Williams is so wildly inconsistent. He will have a sensational quarter, and then get complacent. Sometimes him hitting a 3 is a terrible thing, he all of a sudden thinks he is Larry Bird.

He is not mentally there yet. Too much confidence, up and down.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    There were times last year when it seemd to me that DWill was figuring things out. That game where he and Beas went off was an example. My recollection was that he did better with Beas on the court at the 3, and he always did better against the second teams.

My problem with DWill is not that he seems to lack good basketball instincts (he seems to dribble drive when he should shoot a mid-range, shoot a mid-range when he should drive, and shoot 3's whenever he wants) its that he doesn't seem to have the physical gifts I thought he had. Compare to to Blake Griffin, same basic basketball IQ, but Blake gets numbers because he is the better athlete on most nights. I thought D Will would be the better athlete too, but it seems like he's not that at all.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789