Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    I was listening to Paul Allen today on KFAN and he had a quote about Dwill. Not sure if I agree or not. He said Dwill should be lucky that he is on an NBA roster right now. Once Love gets back he should see 8 minutes per game if that.

Now that is a pretty harsh statement. But as of late I can't say I don't agree. Once everyone is back healthy and with the addition of Howard I don't see Williams getting more then 5-10 minutes per game.

The problem then becomes if we do try to trade him it's based purely on potential. Someone may take a chance on him but we won't be getting much in return....

So do we leave him on the bench? Do we try to get him minutes if nothing else to improve his stock? Or do we try and trade him for what we can get?

I am leaning towards spot minutes here and there until he brings his stock up enough to make a decent trade. It's clear his future is not here in MN at least in my opinion...
    You look first and foremost to win games. I think right now that does still include Williams because he at least keeps defenses honest. Once Love is back, that probably means spot duty (short minutes that can be expanded if he plays well) and garbage time.

It would be a mistake to trade him needlessly especially when there are ways to up his stock later in the season closer to the trade deadline (some Rubio assists could help). This probably isn't the best place for Williams to succeed, but I will continue to root for him and hope the work he puts in pays off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    You look first and foremost to win games. I think right now that does still include Williams because he at least keeps defenses honest. Once Love is back, that probably means spot duty (short minutes that can be expanded if he plays well) and garbage time.

It would be a mistake to trade him needlessly especially when there are ways to up his stock later in the season closer to the trade deadline (some Rubio assists could help). This probably isn't the best place for Williams to succeed, but I will continue to root for him and hope the work he puts in pays off.
    pretty much. Its a tough decision. He doesn't help us at all. But he is 21, and was the #2 pick in the draft, with a trade value so low its not even worth it right now.

His value can't get worse. We hold onto him, see if he clicks, and move him when he hits any stretch of good play and a team bites on him.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pretty much. Its a tough decision. He doesn't help us at all. But he is 21, and was the #2 pick in the draft, with a trade value so low its not even worth it right now.

His value can't get worse. We hold onto him, see if he clicks, and move him when he hits any stretch of good play and a team bites on him.
    I honestly think the best way to increase his value is to decrease his playing sample size.

At the same rate, right now teams are taking away Cunningham's spots and goading Lee/Amundson/Stiemsma into shooting. I like seeing Williams out there for the simple fact that he is unpredictable (for better or worse).

vCash
    Trade him to Portland for Joel Freeland and cash?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    I am not high on Williams at all, but who the **** is joel freeland, and why would we sell that low on Williams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    Thanks for the cash man. Hell yeah! I always wanted an English basketball player at my club (just thought that would be Deng).
    While we are it why don't you give us Lillard and we will give you Amundson...and cash!

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Thanks for the cash man. Hell yeah! I always wanted an English basketball player at my club (just thought that would be Deng).
    While we are it why don't you give us Lillard and we will give you Amundson...and cash!

That is just insulting. He could at least offer us several of their players who warm the bench for 42 minutes a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post

That is just insulting. He could at least offer us several of their players who warm the bench for 42 minutes a game.
    Fresh legs!!!

vCash

The Plan is to move Williams... maybe.

To say Derrick Williams has not lived up to his hype as the second overall pick is something of an understatement, and sources say if he could return a serious veteran player then the Wolves would move him. With so many injuries, itís unlikely the Wolves try to force something in the next 30 days. But once Kevin Love returns to the lineup, Williams could be the next chip cashed in Minnesota.
    -HoopsWorld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Fresh legs!!!

vCash
    please be for JJ Reddick...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    or for lebron!

vCash
    If we somehow land Reddick, I'll be doing my sig dance for the remainder of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    If we somehow land Reddick, I'll be doing my sig dance for the remainder of the season.
    You can't sustain that pelvic thrust for more than 29 minutes. Believe me, I have tried.

Unless you are Sting.

vCash
    ^Or Wilt Chamberlain

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast