Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For the first time in years, we enter a season with a roster that has a defined role for each and every player, except Williams (we also have REAL NBA players finally). He is our lone "development" player, assuming Ricky knows his role is to be the future lead guard. Its his job to get better and force Adelman to make a decision, not our job to cater to his development. You don't want to kill a young players development, but with more talent, veterans, and competition around, versus knuckleheads, potheads, and lazy players around, the environment for Williams to grow in is stronger now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I agree and would have rather had Tolliver then Lou, but he had his chance to sign with us and blew it. Too bad.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    I really don't know about this guy...He seems good about 20% of the time, the other times, he just looks awful. Poor decisions, no jump shot, awkward dribbling when taking it to the rim...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I really don't know about this guy...He seems good about 20% of the time, the other times, he just looks awful. Poor decisions, no jump shot, awkward dribbling when taking it to the rim...

He'll finger her out, and when he does, there will be an eruption unlike we have ever seen.

vCash
    You joining the bandwagon Purple??

The best Arizona wildcat on the team is Chase..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    You joining the bandwagon Purple??

The best Arizona wildcat on the team is Chase..
    Maybe...it took me awhile to jump ship from Beasley and Wesley...maybe I can jump sooner this time on a guy who seems to be another guy that gets more hype than he deserves.

vCash
    if he doesnt show improvement by all star break, trade him and one of our back up PG's.

lets try to get Demarr DeRozan? i know he has been on and off too but he has nice potential and would be awesome to watch playing with Rubio..

also could play both him and Roy around the same amount of minutes.. he would be a good fit imo..

vCash
    Williams hasn't been incredibly impressive the last two games but let's consider this:

-Saturday in Chicago he played 23 minutes after playing 38 the night before and having the comeback effort squarely on his shoulders. I'd wager fatigue had a thing or two to do with his poor shooting.

-Tonight, he played just 14 minutes (some at PF) and missed 3 shots and a free throw, but also grabbed 5 rebounds and dished an assist. Cunningham was having a good night, so he deferred to the hot hand.

-Contrast that with his 1st two games where he played exclusively at SF and averaged 17pts. on 50% shooting from both the field and 3, 4REBS, 2STL, 1AST and 2.5TO

Which 2 games do you go by - the one's where he was tired and played PF or the one's where he played SF well-rested? Me, I go by neither. I think we still need to see more and I think it's silly to become so disheartened after a pair of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Williams hasn't been incredibly impressive the last two games but let's consider this:

-Saturday in Chicago he played 23 minutes after playing 38 the night before and having the comeback effort squarely on his shoulders. I'd wager fatigue had a thing or two to do with his poor shooting.

-Tonight, he played just 14 minutes (some at PF) and missed 3 shots and a free throw, but also grabbed 5 rebounds and dished an assist. Cunningham was having a good night, so he deferred to the hot hand.

-Contrast that with his 1st two games where he played exclusively at SF and averaged 17pts. on 50% shooting from both the field and 3, 4REBS, 2STL, 1AST and 2.5TO

Which 2 games do you go by - the one's where he was tired and played PF or the one's where he played SF well-rested? Me, I go by neither. I think we still need to see more and I think it's silly to become so disheartened after a pair of games.
    Slightly disheartened after a full season...not just a couple preseason games. The preseason games frustrate me a little bit though, because nothing seems to have changed for him yet...Still a terrible shooter, still has no foot work, still cant dribble

vCash
    I have been on his case since last year.

vCash
    Slightly disheartened after a full season...not just a couple preseason games. The preseason games frustrate me a little bit though, because nothing seems to have changed for him yet...Still a terrible shooter, still has no foot work, still cant dribble
    he can breath through his nose!

vCash
    Last season was a bit disappointing, but honestly I feel like he's shown so far that even in his poor games he's made adjustments:

1. Adelman didn't seem too terribly convinced that Williams could play the 3 this summer, but he's put Williams in exclusively as a SF until last night (which I think was an attempt to inject more offense in the frontcourt)

2. Williams isn't drifting like last year. He's engaged in the game, moving, going for rebounds. He's also looking to make the right decision and pass more whereas last year it was either a 3 or a drive.

3. In the first 2 games, his free throw shooting was much better, his shot was smoother (50% shooting) and he was finishing his drives much stronger.

I think we all need to remember this Derrick Williams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZsfvRHlYQ take into account what he's done so far to get better and give him the chance to be all that we imagined he could be just one year ago.

(I know I propositioned trading him pretty heavily in the offseason. Suddenly, we were in "win now" mode and potentially didn't have time for him to develop. Well, we got what we needed for "win now" so we need to make sure we can win later as well)

vCash
    To come to his defense - he definitely looks more adequate defensively. I think it's way too early to label Williams, but it's always tough for players with no real position in the NBA. I don't see where people are coming from his shot being terrible - he hasn't taken all that many yet to judge - his mechanics aren't the best but have seen plenty of players with terrible shot mechanics be very stressful and play at an allstar level. It is unfortunate, but the moves we have made will definitely hinder his development, since playing time is needed for that. Let's hope we can put away some teams early so some of our unheralded and underprivileged players get more time on the court. I also don't doubt DWill getting a lot of playing when our durability issues with AK and Roy catch up to us.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    To come to his defense - he definitely looks more adequate defensively. I think it's way too early to label Williams, but it's always tough for players with no real position in the NBA. I don't see where people are coming from his shot being terrible - he hasn't taken all that many yet to judge - his mechanics aren't the best but have seen plenty of players with terrible shot mechanics be very stressful and play at an allstar level. It is unfortunate, but the moves we have made will definitely hinder his development, since playing time is needed for that. Let's hope we can put away some teams early so some of our unheralded and underprivileged players get more time on the court. I also don't doubt DWill getting a lot of playing when our durability issues with AK and Roy catch up to us.
    agree here

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    well k.love is out for november so looks like williams is our starter. Being a glass half full guy I can see some good coming out of this. We don't play too many tough teams in the first month and if we come out of this with more w's then l's that will do tons for the teams confidence and d-will's.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast