Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    How the hell could you possibly make a comment like this?! Jose gets no respect, AT ALL. All he's been is loyal, and better than any other gaurd that we've brought in to replace him. The guys probably top half of the NBA for PG's, and you're going to say some 31 year old scrub who hasn't been in the NBA yet is somehow better than him?! Must be the elite talent he's playing against in the Greek senior mens D-league.
    Amen to this.

    But criticizing the golden boy Demar is called bashing.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,593
    vCash
    500
    Bring back Will Solomon. He won like 3 different titles in some Europe leagues.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    How the hell could you possibly make a comment like this?! Jose gets no respect, AT ALL. All he's been is loyal, and better than any other gaurd that we've brought in to replace him. The guys probably top half of the NBA for PG's, and you're going to say some 31 year old scrub who hasn't been in the NBA yet is somehow better than him?! Must be the elite talent he's playing against in the Greek senior mens D-league.
    I dont doubt that calderon is a better player I agree with you but chances are he gets traded as an expiring contract or leaves in free agency.

    the guys making alot of money and dont think he will take a drop from 10 mill this year to a mini mid level on his next contract. if we retain him chances are he gets the mid level.

    Maybe we want a cheaper option as a back up seeing how lowry is the pg we want to move forward with. i can see why someone like spanoulis is being scouted doesnt really mean he will be signed though.

    maybe its a hint that the raptors are in search for a replacement if they want to use calderons expiring in a trade rather then losing him for nothing..
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    oh, i see.

    Look at it like this: player x and player y. Only thing that is common is they have ****** 3 point shooting. But one can average 20-6-6 while one will average 17-4-2. Both are going to make $10M in 2013. Who are going to pick?
    Thats why I can justify giving Tyreke $10M right off the bat b/c of his numbers. #freeTyreke.

    I'm not only looking for 3 point shooting. I would like my SG to have handles and play defense. Tyreke comes with both and he has the intangibles like court vision, possibly make teammates better. He is a rare commodity with the numbers he puts up. Very few players can average at least 5 boards and 5 assists
    Good point...

    overall id pick evans > derozan. I honestly dont know about tyreke possibly making teammates better though but then again neither can derozan...

    but if evans was that good you would think he and cousins could take that team some where at least.. those two have all the skills in the word yet both are kinda known to be head cases. thats where derozan gets a few points i think.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,586
    vCash
    1500
    evans is better but hes also a bad seed to have in the locker room. hes not better than derozan to the point i would take the risk.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,114
    vCash
    2166
    a
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    evans is better but hes also a bad seed to have in the locker room. hes not better than derozan to the point i would take the risk.
    Sacramento is a joke of an organization and u need to separate two head cases like Cousins and Evans apart. I dont think evans is as bad as they make him out to be though.



  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    2013 come along, I would throw my money at Tyreke Evans and Josh Smith.

    Forget Derozan, Calderon, and amnesty Amir Johnson (if we need more under the cap to make the signings)

    but if we do the signings, then can we use our smallish MLE? I think we can if we didnt pay the luxury tax this coming year i guess - for another free agent?

    Lowry
    Evans ($10M starting)
    Smith ($15M starting)
    Bargnani
    JVal

    Ross
    Klieza (PO)
    Fields
    Ed Davis
    Lucas
    Spanoulis

    pretty well rounded I would say and a bunch of bench fodder for practice.

    we would be at probably around the $65M mark salary wise.
    Wow I usually don't agree with you, on Derozan topics but Tyreke Evans over Derozan( if he doesn't get better this year) would be amazing Tyreke on the raptors, Swagg to the Roof!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Bring back Will Solomon. He won like 3 different titles in some Europe leagues.
    I actually really liked Will Soloman lol better than Roko Ukic lol.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    501
    vCash
    1500
    didn't he played for rockets??or it was some other Greece with similar name??becouse that dude at rockets was total garbage, how poor Europa league basketball level is,if dude like him are the best player in the league

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He's one of the best PG's in Europe, he is also the starting PG for the Greece national team who has gave USA troubles in the past.

    He is better than Calderon imo. For the right price he would be a very solid back up to Lowry.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmzD...layer_embedded
    He has a nice step back jumper from range, but the nicest plays in that video are the passes to joey Dorsey for dunks

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,654
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dont doubt that calderon is a better player I agree with you but chances are he gets traded as an expiring contract or leaves in free agency.

    the guys making alot of money and dont think he will take a drop from 10 mill this year to a mini mid level on his next contract. if we retain him chances are he gets the mid level.

    Maybe we want a cheaper option as a back up seeing how lowry is the pg we want to move forward with. i can see why someone like spanoulis is being scouted doesnt really mean he will be signed though.

    maybe its a hint that the raptors are in search for a replacement if they want to use calderons expiring in a trade rather then losing him for nothing..
    Thats what Im thinking. Id rather resign jose as the backup for sure over Spanoulis, unless we were to use him as part of a trade this season, in which case Spanoulis would make a good replacement

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,637
    vCash
    4500

    Raps scouting Spanoulis

    I'd be surprised if Jose re-signs with the Raps for his fair value. I see him ring chasing or getting overpaid by a desperate team.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    didn't he played for rockets??or it was some other Greece with similar name??becouse that dude at rockets was total garbage, how poor Europa league basketball level is,if dude like him are the best player in the league
    take some notes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgULZkSLPs

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,593
    vCash
    500
    As long as he's good.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    old thread. isnt it? are they still at it? at his age he isnt gonna do any better than he did with rockets.
    Oh, and i really doubt calderon comes back, he will either get paid with his bird rights in detroit or go ring chasing, to heat, knicks lakers or even more intriguin the thunder, i mean westbrook would be a happy man playing the sg and not having to think bout passing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •