Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    hes not a much better rebounder he averages 1.2 more rebounds a game. he not a better long range shooter he shot 20% from three. and im not knocking you for taking the better player(debatable) im just wondering why you're so willing to throw 10 mill on him after some of the things you said about derozan applies to evans. also i would rather take derozan. by a mile. he has better work ethic he gets better year by year and i would rather have someone like derozan representing my team.
    ummmmm... part of the problem is that you don't recognize that the difference between 3.6rpg and 4.8rpg (or whatever Tyreke is at) is HUGE. just like the difference in their assist numbers, also HUGE.

and the only person who would debate that Derozan is a better player than Evans is a Raptors fan. let's get real.

sorry for contributing to the off-topicness, the old spanish guy is too old. pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Looks stiff as hell. But either way, sometimes i really am puzzled as to why these players would want to go to the NBA. He seems to be starting for his club and succeeding very well. Why would he give that up to play 10-12 minutes in the NBA a game as a backup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ummmmm... part of the problem is that you don't recognize that the difference between 3.6rpg and 4.8rpg (or whatever Tyreke is at) is HUGE. just like the difference in their assist numbers, also HUGE.

and the only person who would debate that Derozan is a better player than Evans is a Raptors fan. let's get real.

sorry for contributing to the off-topicness, the old spanish guy is too old. pass.
    Are you passing on Jose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Are you passing on Jose?
    ummm no....... are you?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    ummm no....... are you?
    I am not. In your last post you mentioned a "spanish guy". Spanoulis is Greek, so I assumed you were talking about Jose. Who were you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_at_york View Post
    i am not. In your last post you mentioned a "spanish guy". Spanoulis is greek, so i assumed you were talking about jose. Who were you talking about?
    oh hahaha my bad.

vCash
    Either way, we probably never sign him and it would be almost a year away before we could anyways so all this is pretty much a waste of time.

vCash
    i like him if we can get him cheap. MLE maybe.

vCash
    hes not a much better rebounder he averages 1.2 more rebounds a game. he not a better long range shooter he shot 20% from three. and im not knocking you for taking the better player(debatable) im just wondering why you're so willing to throw 10 mill on him after some of the things you said about derozan applies to evans. also i would rather take derozan. by a mile. he has better work ethic he gets better year by year and i would rather have someone like derozan representing my team.

what have I said that applies to Derozan. Evans already has better handles, defense, passing, scoring (more like a tie after this season but he did avg 20 points in his rookie year)and intangibles. NONE OF THESE apply to Derozan.

btw 1.3 rebounds was 80 more rebounds during the season. extrapolate that over a season and its even bigger number - 24 of them was offensive. giving the Raptors 24 more possessions. 160 more assists equals 160 scoring opportunites for teammates- the guy simple makes his teammates better.

you can make an argument that Tyreke turns the ball over more but he makes it up his steals. But that comes with the territory of handling the ball more often than not.

drafted the same year- I'm sure you would estatic if Tyreke Evans was here in Toronto.

off court issues/ injuries have bogged him down the last 1.5 years but he can still put up numbers in his sleep while Derozan wishes he could be more impactful.

Derozan is mediocre compared to Evans. If there was a 1-1 trade b/w the two, Raptors would be trying to get Evans, not the other way around.

vCash
    Where is rook ukic now ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    Where is rook ukic now ?
    He's playing in Greece. Panathinaikos is believe.

vCash

i don't think derozan is better, i would just rather have him

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    what have I said that applies to Derozan. Evans already has better handles, defense, passing, scoring (more like a tie after this season but he did avg 20 points in his rookie year)and intangibles. NONE OF THESE apply to Derozan.

btw 1.3 rebounds was 80 more rebounds during the season. extrapolate that over a season and its even bigger number - 24 of them was offensive. giving the Raptors 24 more possessions. 160 more assists equals 160 scoring opportunites for teammates- the guy simple makes his teammates better.

you can make an argument that Tyreke turns the ball over more but he makes it up his steals. But that comes with the territory of handling the ball more often than not.

drafted the same year- I'm sure you would estatic if Tyreke Evans was here in Toronto.

off court issues/ injuries have bogged him down the last 1.5 years but he can still put up numbers in his sleep while Derozan wishes he could be more impactful.

Derozan is mediocre compared to Evans. If there was a 1-1 trade b/w the two, Raptors would be trying to get Evans, not the other way around.
    again. you said the problem with this team is we have a shooting guard that can't shoot. but you're willing to drop 10 mill on tyreke no hesitation and you're actually happy about it.

vCash
    i don't think derozan is better, i would just rather have him

again. you said the problem with this team is we have a shooting guard that can't shoot. but you're willing to drop 10 mill on tyreke no hesitation and you're actually happy about it.
    oh, i see.

Look at it like this: player x and player y. Only thing that is common is they have ****** 3 point shooting. But one can average 20-6-6 while one will average 17-4-2. Both are going to make $10M in 2013. Who are going to pick?

Thats why I can justify giving Tyreke $10M right off the bat b/c of his numbers. #freeTyreke.

I'm not only looking for 3 point shooting. I would like my SG to have handles and play defense. Tyreke comes with both and he has the intangibles like court vision, possibly make teammates better. He is a rare commodity with the numbers he puts up. Very few players can average at least 5 boards and 5 assists
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 09-25-2012 at 04:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He's one of the best PG's in Europe, he is also the starting PG for the Greece national team who has gave USA troubles in the past.

He is better than Calderon imo. For the right price he would be a very solid back up to Lowry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmzD...layer_embedded
    How the hell could you possibly make a comment like this?! Jose gets no respect, AT ALL. All he's been is loyal, and better than any other gaurd that we've brought in to replace him. The guys probably top half of the NBA for PG's, and you're going to say some 31 year old scrub who hasn't been in the NBA yet is somehow better than him?! Must be the elite talent he's playing against in the Greek senior mens D-league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    He's gonna be 31 when he comes here, not the right age IMO we should be getting someone younger , how is his game?
    A vet back up wouldnt be soo bad. if he was coming here to start i would question why management is not considering age.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    and so is Calderon
    Id imagine spanoulis would be cheaper considering were paying calderon like 10 mill this year and i dont see him returning for less then the midlevel unless its for a contender or something.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    His shot looks exactly like Kleizas lol are they brothers they look similar to in a way??

Also T-math i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast