Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    2013 come along, I would throw my money at Tyreke Evans and Josh Smith.

Forget Derozan, Calderon, and amnesty Amir Johnson (if we need more under the cap to make the signings)

but if we do the signings, then can we use our smallish MLE? I think we can if we didnt pay the luxury tax this coming year i guess - for another free agent?

Lowry
    Evans ($10M starting)
    Smith ($15M starting)
    Bargnani
    JVal

Ross
    Klieza (PO)
    Fields
    Ed Davis
    Lucas
    Spanoulis

pretty well rounded I would say and a bunch of bench fodder for practice.

we would be at probably around the $65M mark salary wise.
    If we were even able to get one of those two in free agency I'd be thrilled. But i'm not counting on it unfortunately.

Additional note: I find it intriguing you'd be so interested in Tyreke playing SG when his shooting ability is arguably more pathetic than DeRozan's.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 09-25-2012 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    It is good to hear that the guy is doing well overseas. I remember when he was playing for the Rockets.

vCash

Forget Derozan, Calderon, and amnesty Amir Johnson (if we need more under the cap to make the signings)

but if we do the signings, then can we use our smallish MLE? I think we can if we didnt pay the luxury tax this coming year i guess - for another free agent?

Lowry
    Evans ($10M starting)
    Smith ($15M starting)
    Bargnani
    JVal

Ross
    Klieza (PO)
    Fields
    Ed Davis
    Lucas
    Spanoulis

didn't you say a starting shooting guard has to be able shoot three pointers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If we were even able to get one of those two in free agency I'd be thrilled. But i'm not counting on it unfortunately.

Additional note: I find it intriguing you'd be so interested in Tyreke playing SG when his shooting ability is arguably more pathetic than DeRozan's.
    The guy can handle the ball and has superior court vision and can rebound and can play defense.

If Derozan had defense and handles but the long range shot- he'd be a upper echelon shooting guard.

if he has two/three of the three/four of the following: consistent range, handles, defense, court vision- I would be MORE than happy. Its the fact he also doesn't make his teammates better either but I can live with that cuz not many players can make others better.

vCash

Lowry
    Evans ($10M starting)
    Smith ($15M starting)
    Bargnani
    JVal

Ross
    Klieza (PO)
    Fields
    Ed Davis
    Lucas
    Spanoulis

Let's all start dreaming again YAY!
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    didn't you say a starting shooting guard has to be able shoot three pointers?
    yes i did. but i can live without that if he can play defense and handle the ball- which Derozan can't do either.

and Evans has court vision and rebounding ability.

Evans is a combo guard but at least he has a more complete all round game than Derozan. the thing is that long range is not a factor (not a huge one anyways) if Bargnani is here- thus we need a rebounder at the 2 spot to offset Bargnani

This team is so mismatched that you need players to compliment one another I guess in many areas lol

Derozan did shoot the ball greatly at the beginning of the season last year and I was about to say he was turning the corner- and then he crapped the rest of the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Let's all start dreaming again YAY!
    $10 Million starting for Evans and $15M starting for Josh Smith are pretty good deals not many teams can give out. We are prime for a free agent coup the way we have our salary cap in the prior summer to the 13-14 season.

People will go crazy for Bynum, Howard, Paul, Iggy, Harden, etc I think the two I mention will fly under the radar. so not dreaming really- its very possible.

vCash
    yes i did. but i can live without that if he can play defense and handle the ball- which Derozan can't do either.

and Evans has court vision and rebounding ability.

Evans is a combo guard but at least he has a more complete all round game than Derozan. the thing is that long range is not a factor (not a huge one anyways) if Bargnani is here- thus we need a rebounder at the 2 spot to offset Bargnani

This team is so mismatched that you need players to compliment one another I guess in many areas lol

Derozan did shoot the ball greatly at the beginning of the season last year and I was about to say he was turning the corner- and then he crapped the rest of the way.
    so you're willing to give him 10 mill because he can rebound a little better and handles the ball?

thats not what you said before you said the problem with this team is they have a shooting guard that can't shoot now you're willing to blow 10 mill a year on tyreke. i think you need to admit that you have some deep down personal hate for derozan.

vCash
    interesting

i wonder how this whole Calderon thing will turn out...will he be traded? will he resign?

i just wish this team didn't have drama for once though and i feel that this Calderon issue could turn into another PG controversy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    so you're willing to give him 10 mill because he can rebound a little better and handles the ball?

thats not what you said before you said the problem with this team is they have a shooting guard that can't shoot now you're willing to blow 10 mill a year on tyreke. i think you need to admit that you have some deep down personal hate for derozan.
    and court vision. a little better? more like a lot better rebounder. much better ball handler. much better defender. much better scorer. and the fact that Evans is somewhat a better long range shooter than Derozan. I don't know how you're basing this off of hate when i'm simply taking the better player

I said that Derozan can't shoot but he plays a position that needs ball handling, defense, and shooting.

I am okay with Derozan if he can excel in defence and ball handling. His mid range game is above average, but his long range is horrible.

^ with the above opinion of Derozan now on paper, you can't call me a hater cuz those are the items you should be looking for in a SG. Evans is MUCH better all round player. everyone has their flaws and Derozan has many. Not saying Evans doesn't have any, but Evans >>>> Derozan

edit: if you're giving $10 million to either Derozan or Evans, who would you give it to? I'm spending that $10 Million regardless and I would like to give it to Evans. you?
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 09-25-2012 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    The guy can handle the ball and has superior court vision and can rebound and can play defense.

If Derozan had defense and handles but the long range shot- he'd be a upper echelon shooting guard.

if he has two/three of the three/four of the following: consistent range, handles, defense, court vision- I would be MORE than happy. Its the fact he also doesn't make his teammates better either but I can live with that cuz not many players can make others better.
    That's fair. I just found it an interesting aside based on the discussion in the other thread .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    His shot looks exactly like Kleizas lol are they brothers they look similar to in a way??

Also T-math i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you
    Uh oh looks like a bromance... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That's fair. I just found it an interesting aside based on the discussion in the other thread .
    well I understand. but if another player, like a Tyreke Evans is available and would more or less what Derozan could be valued at, its a no brainer.

vCash
    and court vision. a little better? more like a lot better rebounder. much better ball handler. much better defender. much better scorer. and the fact that Evans is somewhat a better long range shooter than Derozan. I don't know how you're basing this off of hate when i'm simply taking the better player

I said that Derozan can't shoot but he plays a position that needs ball handling, defense, and shooting.

I am okay with Derozan if he can excel in defence and ball handling. His mid range game is above average, but his long range is horrible.

^ with the above opinion of Derozan now on paper, you can't call me a hater cuz those are the items you should be looking for in a SG. Evans is MUCH better all round player. everyone has their flaws and Derozan has many. Not saying Evans doesn't have any, but Evans >>>> Derozan

edit: if you're giving $10 million to either Derozan or Evans, who would you give it to? I'm spending that $10 Million regardless and I would like to give it to Evans. you?
    hes not a much better rebounder he averages 1.2 more rebounds a game. he not a better long range shooter he shot 20% from three. and im not knocking you for taking the better player(debatable) im just wondering why you're so willing to throw 10 mill on him after some of the things you said about derozan applies to evans. also i would rather take derozan. by a mile. he has better work ethic he gets better year by year and i would rather have someone like derozan representing my team.
    Last edited by bucketss; 09-25-2012 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    Calderon is likely better, but he's going to be a solid replacement. He'll know that he's a backup so there should be no controversy. Better than getting a young inconsistent player if we're serious about the playoffs next year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast