Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What is the Biggest Playoff Upset in NBA History?

What is the Biggest Playoff Upset in NBA History?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Denver over Seattle 1994. That was big because it was the first time an 8 beat a 1, Denver looked completely outmatched in the 1st two games and then completely turned it around and shocked everyone, and Seattle was the odds on favorite to win it all based on what they did the previous season and the excitement of how good they were that entire season leading up to the playoffs. Since then, there have been other upsets but I remember the shock I had when I heard Denver winning that Game 5.

vCash
    Warriors beat the Mavs team.

vCash
    mavs vs heat 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Denver over Seattle 1994. That was big because it was the first time an 8 beat a 1, Denver looked completely outmatched in the 1st two games and then completely turned it around and shocked everyone, and Seattle was the odds on favorite to win it all based on what they did the previous season and the excitement of how good they were that entire season leading up to the playoffs. Since then, there have been other upsets but I remember the shock I had when I heard Denver winning that Game 5.
    Denver wasnt suppose to win. Robert pack brought some sparks!

vCash
    Celts getting nailed 4-0 by the Bucks in the early prime of the Bird era. It's widely believed that there was a player revolt against Bill Fitch behind it all. Bird was clean, he loved Fitch. Several others look questionable but they all vehemently deny it.

A lawyer I knew that was married to the sister of a player told me before the Series started that they would lose in 4. That's enough proof for me.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Celts getting nailed 4-0 by the Bucks in the early prime of the Bird era. It's widely believed that there was a player revolt against Bill Fitch behind it all. Bird was clean, he loved Fitch. Several others look questionable but they all vehemently deny it.

A lawyer I knew that was married to the sister of a player told me before the Series started that they would lose in 4. That's enough proof for me.
    You knew a guy who knew a guy huh? Must be true!
    El Presidente

vCash
    Denver over Seattle in 94 is the playoff biggest upset.

Finals upset I'd actually go with Mavs over Heat a couple of years back.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Yes I did. And it's been reported and talked about for years beyond that. He cleaned up on side bets. I was broke then or he would have really wiped me out, no way I believed what he said. I talked about it in the Celts blog here probably in the first year or two I was here, probably lost to time by now.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-19-2013 at 10:56 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Today, Maxwell was on EEI for a couple of hours, and he got into Bill Fitch and the playoff goose egg that got him fired.

Maxwell said that McHale, Parish, Carr, and a majority of the players were against Fitch and wanted him out. He only named himself and Bird as strong Fitch supporters.

So, Maxwell and my "guy" seem to take the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    i agree. i watched that series back then, & it was really exciting. Seattle was better, but Denever wanted it a tad more & Mutombo blocked & changed so many shots it was ridiculous. really memorable series.

and the Warriors over the Mavs would be 2nd, but they clearly had the Mavs number so it was less of an upset & more of a bad matchup for the mavs, but still an upset (the 94 Nuggets had to battle to the last second to win, not clearly better). the Warriors crowds were amazing
    Last edited by hidalgo; 04-02-2013 at 01:10 AM.