Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Magic Waive Eyenga, Armon Johnson

The Orlando Magic have waived Christian Eyenga and Armon Johnson.

Eyenga was a 2009 first round pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    Via Marc Spears

This was said earlier. Surprised we cut Eyenga.

The Orlando Magic are likely to choose between Justin Harper, Josh McRoberts, DeQuan Jones and Quentin Richardson for the 14th and 15th spots on the roster.

Harper's deal guarantees him a salary of about $760,000 for this season, while McRoberts and Richardson would be even more expensive to cut.

Jones has impressed the Magic and has the ability to defend point guards, shooting guards and small forwards.

vCash
    Yea its unfortunate we didn't get to see eyenga even play but I swear we better keep Jones.... its either Jones or mcroberts there keeping q ... so Harper mcrobs and chris Johnson are the next 3 that need to go l be super pist of they keep mcrobs over Jones.... mcrobs has done nothing to impress me in this pre season or his past career.. Jones is young explosive exciting and could be a gem ... I hope a couple mill on a useless season doesn't make this decision....

vCash
    Jones is a must keep he will be a valuable rotation player that should compete for big minutes going forward. Every other player mentioned is easily replaceable. Jones could be special.

vCash
    Jones reminds me of a Shumpert rendition. I'll be damned if he's cut. He's better than anyone just listed with.

He's better talent than Affalo and Jj today
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    What about Chris Johnson?

Jones is that dude, I went to the Preseason game against the Pacers and even though he didn't do much scoring he still show how athletic he was with his dunks, Jameer was just lobbin them up for him.

Armon isn't better than Moore, so there's that and Eyenga never got to show what he had because he never plays defense, Jones plays better D and Eyenga so it made sense.

McRoberts, Harper should be the ones to go. Sad to say that because Harper was supposed to be our next Rashard Lewis.

I just wish we could've seen what Harkless had in this preseason.

Nelson/Moore/Smith
    Afflalo/Redick/Jones
    Turkoglu/Harkless/Richardson
    Davis/Nicholson/Harrington
    Ayon/Vuvicic/O'Quinn

Man Of Steel

vCash
    Harrington seems so useless I hope we can move him by the deadline

vCash
    Harrington was brought here just for that.LA wanted his deal bad allegedly
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I want Eric bledsoe.... make it happen henny

vCash
    Quentin Richardson isn't getting cut. I'll bet my life on that.

It will come down to cutting 3 of the following 4: Chris Johnson, DeQuan Jones, Josh McRoberts and Justin Harper.

I can't imagine how Johnson makes the team. He's got an non guaranteed contract and hasn't played well.

Why I think Jones could make the team: Simply put, he's been playing the best.

Why I think he won't make the team: He doesn't have a guaranteed contract. For the Magic to keep him, it means letting McBob or Harper go, and subsequently their contracts. Remember, this team is paying Gilbert over 20 million not to play for them, might be paying Eyenga another million not to play for them...do they really want to keep shelling out money for players not to play for them? I doubt it.

Also, unless you think Jones has a viable long-term impact on this team, it isn't worth it. Getting one year and maybe 5-6 minutes a game out of him probably isn't worth the money it will cost to cut the other guys. Unless you think he can be a viable bench player for years to come, it's not worth it for the rebuilding Magic.

I think ultimately McRoberts will make the team. Maybe Harper. I'd love it to be Jones, but cutting McBob AND Harper would put the price tag at well over $25 million being paid to players not playing for us.

vCash
    Best thing Jones has going for him is that we are stacked at the PF position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    I want Eric bledsoe.... make it happen henny
    Exactly, kid will be a FA, I believe RFA. In the end I don't believe Paul resigns in LAC opening for Bledsoe to resign. But in fairness he only destroyed lol Nash and Blake Duhon. Lemme see it vs Parker westb Rubio etc

vCash
    I pray CP3 resigns but I can see him leaving the Clippers high and dry for Atlanta or Dallas or something, maybe even forcing a trade to the Knicks. That's why I think Bledsoe is a pipe dream- he's LAC's fallback option.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Goodbye Q and Justin Harper

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,3007442.story

Glad to know we kept Jones but why McBob???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Quentin Richardson isn't getting cut. I'll bet my life on that.
    I'm assuming you'd like it to be quick and painless?

vCash
    Lol y'all are funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast