Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Pass Rushers.. DE & OLB in the first two rounds, Safety in the third, QB, WR, RB in the next rounds (No order), P in the last (or 6th)

What do you guys think about the WR? I like Ryan Swope
    Why two pass rushers? Woodley is 28 and coming off a year where he was struggling with injuries all season, his first "bad" year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Why two pass rushers? Woodley is 28 and coming off a year where he was struggling with injuries all season, his first "bad" year.
    You just answered your own question...

vCash
    I can see another blue-chip offensive lineman falling to us in the 1st rd (I know some folks don't want to hear this). With our recent line issues, can any of us really balk at drafting a player that benefits our highest paid player?
    Last edited by SluggeR; 01-23-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    You just answered your own question...
    Pointing out that Woodley is fine and that we only need one pass rusher is answering the question asking why we need to draft two? I think your math is a wee bit off on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I can see another blue-chip offensive lineman falling to us in the 1st rd (Iknow some folks don't want to hear this). With our recent line issues, can any of us really balk at drafting a player that benefits our highest paid player?
    Issues such as one offensive lineman, the left tackle, starting every game, your right guard being lost to injury in the preseason, your center lost to injury for a game, your left guard (who was your right tackle for six years before this season) getting injured, the backup left guard absolutely sucking and forcing your starting center to be moved to left guard and backup left guard to center, your starting right tackle lasting for five games, your backup right tackle lasting six games, and your backup guard who had been starting the entire season on the right side switching over the left side for the final three games are not the kind of issues to be remedied with a first round pick.

vCash
    Pointing out that Woodley is fine and that we only need one pass rusher is answering the question asking why we need to draft two? I think your math is a wee bit off on this one.
    You didn't say he was fine, you said he struggled with injuries ALL year, we weren't really that good with putting pressure on the QB's at all so we need two pass rushers, if Woodley goes down, we will have someone ready to step to the plate

vCash
    You didn't say he was fine, you said he struggled with injuries ALL year, we weren't really that good with putting pressure on the QB's at all so we need two pass rushers, if Woodley goes down, we will have someone ready to step to the plate
    I said the only reason he had a down year was because of injuries. You never ever ever ever ever waste a valuable draft pick because you think the Pro Bowl starter is going to get injured. That is the definition of stupidity. You use a draft pick on a position of need.

vCash
    I said the only reason he had a down year was because of injuries. You never ever ever ever ever waste a valuable draft pick because you think the Pro Bowl starter is going to get injured. That is the definition of stupidity. You use a draft pick on a position of need.
    I agree 100%

It's like saying we should draft a QB in the first round because Ben misses a couple games almost every year and that way we would have a top QB to fill in for those games.

vCash
    Issues such as one offensive lineman, the left tackle, starting every game, your right guard being lost to injury in the preseason, your center lost to injury for a game, your left guard (who was your right tackle for six years before this season) getting injured, the backup left guard absolutely sucking and forcing your starting center to be moved to left guard and backup left guard to center, your starting right tackle lasting for five games, your backup right tackle lasting six games, and your backup guard who had been starting the entire season on the right side switching over the left side for the final three games are not the kind of issues to be remedied with a first round pick.
    When it comes to O-Linemen, how many bonafide starters do we have under contract for next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    When it comes to O-Linemen, how many bonafide starters do we have under contract for next year?
    Gilbert, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, I'd even put Beachum up there. The discussion above about not replacing a good player because you think he'll get injured applies to Colon too. Injury and penalties aside, he wasn't a bad blocker and I value that above all else with my offensive linemen.

vCash
    All I know is you can never have too many good OL. The OL in this draft is like 15 potential deep that are capable of starting.... I'm watching the Senior Bowl Practices, and there's guys that we've never even mentioned. OL I don't think, we'll take in round 1. But anywhere 4-7 and undrafted. I'm down.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    If you can get a great lineman and theres not much else out there you take him. We need atleast 1 more starter capable lineman on our team.

vCash
    BPA probably won't be a bad way to go. How many times have you seen a team draft a player that doesn't live up to where he is drafted, because a team drafted by need..

vCash
    It's called having reliable back ups

vCash
    It's called having reliable back ups
    It's called common sense. If we need a starter at rush linebacker, inside linebacker, two safeties, running back and offensive line depth, why would we take two rush linebackers? If hope you're not planning on becoming a GM in your future, but if you are the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders would probably be very interested.

vCash
    It's called common sense. If we need a starter at rush linebacker, inside linebacker, two safeties, running back and offensive line depth, why would we take two rush linebackers? If hope you're not planning on becoming a GM in your future, but if you are the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders would probably be very interested.

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast