Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Availability is a skill in my book. Some injuries there is nothing you can do about and some injuries come from not putting in the work, when it comes to getting your body ready to compete on a high level for a full season. I know looks can be deceiving, but how many guys on our team LOOK like they go all-out when it comes to offseason training..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Here's a rough outline of how you can avoid bad sports articles:

1. Inspect the URL. Is it Bleacher Report?

2a. Yes, it's Bleacher Report. Don't click that link.
    2b. No, it's not Bleacher Report. Your chances of the article being bad just dropped dramatically. Continue.

This one simple fact took me over a year to figure out, but I was so much happier once I did. (There are a couple other sites for which this is true, but I don't recall which they are off the top of my head.)

vCash
    Steelers PSD Mock Draft is finished:

1st(#23): OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
    2nd(#50): RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
    2nd(#51): FS T.J. McDonald, USC
    3rd(#81): SS Shawn Williams, Georgia
    6th(#179): WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Thoughts?

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post

Thoughts?
    Those first three are my personal ideal picks, in that order. I know I personally keep ranting about needing an inside linebacker, but whether there was wrongdoing or not I'm not interested in Te'o's drama, and 17 seems early for Ogletree but he will probably be gone by 48. I don't pay enough attention to college ball to know about the next two, but they fill positions of need so I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Those first three are my personal ideal picks, in that order. I know I personally keep ranting about needing an inside linebacker, but whether there was wrongdoing or not I'm not interested in Te'o's drama, and 17 seems early for Ogletree but he will probably be gone by 48. I don't pay enough attention to college ball to know about the next two, but they fill positions of need so I like it.
    Thank you! As for Williams and Stills.....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ams?id=2539233

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013kstills.php

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Here's a rough outline of how you can avoid bad sports articles:

1. Inspect the URL. Is it Bleacher Report?

2a. Yes, it's Bleacher Report. Don't click that link.
    2b. No, it's not Bleacher Report. Your chances of the article being bad just dropped dramatically. Continue.

This one simple fact took me over a year to figure out, but I was so much happier once I did. (There are a couple other sites for which this is true, but I don't recall which they are off the top of my head.)
    Bleacher Report it fun to look at and laugh at how horrifically bad the articles are. How horrifically bad the ideas are. How horrifically biased the writing is.

Thats why I post it. We all know what we need and everything, so bad reporting makes for good conversation.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash

Thoughts?
    i would kill for this draft in real life!

vCash

Thoughts?

50-50 chance Jordan will be there when we draft in the 1st.....lacy should be there in there in the 2nd........and no way TJ will be there in the 3rd....he will go in the 2nd IMO....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myqntab View Post
    50-50 chance Jordan will be there when we draft in the 1st.....lacy should be there in there in the 2nd........and no way TJ will be there in the 3rd....he will go in the 2nd IMO....
    SteelCurtain had trades. Trading back in the 1st to pick 23, got the 51st overall pick (in the second round) which was used on McDonald, then a 3rd round pick then nothing until the 6th. As for Jordan, I agree because teams have gone pass-rusher crazy the past couple years and rightfully so. You never know when they could go, but it would be nice if at least one fell to us.

vCash
    OK guys, rank the pass rushers you'd like to get. For me, it's:

1) Jarvis Jones
    2) Damontre Moore
    3) Bjoern Werner
    4) Ezekial Ansah
    5) Dion Jordan
    6) Keke Mingo
    7) Alex Okafor
    8) Sam Montgomery

We should definitely be able to land one of these guys on Thursday or Friday of the draft....

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

vCash
    I am gonna try to draw up the potential players we may pick with our first two picks please let me know what you guys think:

1st Round: I believe we will pick one of these three in order of chance of getting picked
    1.) Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia 2.) Chance Warmack, G, Alabama 3.) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

(Many mock drafts have us selecting a DT with this pick; however I feel if Jones is on the board Pass Rush is always something Steelers look for. My second thought is if he is off the board it maybe possible we look towards building one of the best and young offensive lines in football and draft Chance Warmack. Finally Kenny Vaccaro could be a possibility as our pick with Clark not being able to play in Denver and Polamalu getting hit with the injury bug it would be smart to have a back up plan, and as many know Vaccaro can play football really well so why not add him and let him rotate in and keep our safeties fresh.)

2nd Round:
    1.)Giovani Bernard, RB North Carolina 2.) Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee 3.) T.J. McDonald S, USC
    (With the loss of Rainy Pittsburgh can easily fill the void with a more talented RB/KR/PR in Bernard. He is extremely explosive and can give our offense a good playmaking RB in which we are longing for. Justin Hunter is a very talented WR from Tennessee he draws some comparisons to Randy Moss a tall and extremely fast WR. He would easily replace Wallace as our deep threat and could add another dimension to our offense. Finally T.J. McDonald fills a need at safety I believe he gives us youth at the safety position as well as he could rotate in to keep Troy and Ryan Clark healthy. Also could help immediately on special teams. Could be a good pick. If Vaccaro is chosen with our first pick I believe they still may take Mcdonald to grab two athletic and play-making Safeties of the future.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind double dipping with Vaccaro and McDonald. We need a replacement for both Clark and Polamalu, so why not. Lots of people seem to have Jones falling because of his spine issue. Overthinking beyond the fact that Jones is an incredibly talented player.

I'm starting not to like Ezekiel Ansah all that much. He'd be the oldest player Colbert ever drafted, and Colbert likes two or three year starters. Ansah didn't even play football until 2010. I know what I just said about overthinking beyond talent, but talent doesn't mean much without experience when it comes to the NFL.

vCash
    I'd appreciate some thoughts on Montee Ball for us.

-Can't handle Yawktoberfest bruh!-

vCash
    As a Georgia Bulldog fan, I'd love for the Steelers to draft Jarvis Jones.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hineswardfan View Post
    I'd appreciate some thoughts on Montee Ball for us.
    Yes

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast