Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    It's called common sense. If we need a starter at rush linebacker, inside linebacker, two safeties, running back and offensive line depth, why would we take two rush linebackers? If hope you're not planning on becoming a GM in your future, but if you are the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders would probably be very interested.
    You are so hurt that you have to throw jabs at me? You must have a terrible life, I really wishes it gets better... But I think Will Allen did pretty good this year in Troy's absence and I said I would draft a Defensive End & a Rush Linebacker not two rush linebackers. Along with a RB, WR, QB, P, & a S...

vCash
    Can't wait for this Senior Bowl Game... Lots of talent, and guys have really looked good.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    You are so hurt that you have to throw jabs at me? You must have a terrible life, I really wishes it gets better... But I think Will Allen did pretty good this year in Troy's absence and I said I would draft a Defensive End & a Rush Linebacker not two rush linebackers. Along with a RB, WR, QB, P, & a S...
    I wouldn't really say jabs, I'd say an observation.

You are aware that Will Allen is almost 31 years old, right? He's a good backup, he's not the future behind nearly 32 year old Polamalu or nearly 34 year old Clark. The future that we need to draft in the first three rounds. Notice Polamalu and Clark's ages compared to Woodley's 28 years old.

You mean one of two things when you say we should draft a defensive end AND rush linebacker:

1. A 4-3 defensive end who would be converted into a rush outside linebacker in our scheme, like Woodley was. So that's the same thing, it's like saying a cornerback AND defensive back. About Woodley, I feel like I should remind you that despite his one season with injuries, his career is not over and he does not need to be replaced. Either draft a rush end OR an outside linebacker, not both.

2. A 3-4 end, a position we've used a first round pick on twice in the past four years, thus making that a huge waste of an early pick. Heyward has been stuck behind Brett Keisel, and PFF's evaluation of Ziggy Hood is incredibly flawed. He is far from a bust that needs to be replaced with someone drafted in the first two or three rounds.

Either option makes absolutely no sense to draft early. One pass rusher (4-3 end OR 3-4 OLB), safety, inside linebacker in any particular order. If none are available, maybe a running back or receiver, even double dip at safety since we need replacements for both Polamalu and Clark. But two pass rushers in the first three rounds is pretty silly, to put it lightly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I wouldn't really say jabs, I'd say an observation.

You are aware that Will Allen is almost 31 years old, right? He's a good backup, he's not the future behind nearly 32 year old Polamalu or nearly 34 year old Clark. The future that we need to draft in the first three rounds. Notice Polamalu and Clark's ages compared to Woodley's 28 years old.

You mean one of two things when you say we should draft a defensive end AND rush linebacker:

1. A 4-3 defensive end who would be converted into a rush outside linebacker in our scheme, like Woodley was. So that's the same thing, it's like saying a cornerback AND defensive back. About Woodley, I feel like I should remind you that despite his one season with injuries, his career is not over and he does not need to be replaced. Either draft a rush end OR an outside linebacker, not both.

2. A 3-4 end, a position we've used a first round pick on twice in the past four years, thus making that a huge waste of an early pick. Heyward has been stuck behind Brett Keisel, and PFF's evaluation of Ziggy Hood is incredibly flawed. He is far from a bust that needs to be replaced with someone drafted in the first two or three rounds.

Either option makes absolutely no sense to draft early. One pass rusher (4-3 end OR 3-4 OLB), safety, inside linebacker in any particular order. If none are available, maybe a running back or receiver, even double dip at safety since we need replacements for both Polamalu and Clark. But two pass rushers in the first three rounds is pretty silly, to put it lightly.
    Absolutely
    Last edited by HouRealCoach; 01-25-2013 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Notice how I said draft a S also in one of the first three rounds

I say two pass rushers because this year's front 7 didn't do too good of a job putting pressure on QB's like we used to do in past years. This year's secondary wasn't bad at all before Ike Taylor went down, and they were still pretty good. I think working on the front seven would help a lot more. But I did say draft a S, really not anything to argue about though dude

I'm not too high on Ziggy, just my opinion...
    Notice how Polamalu and Clark are two players who each need a successor. My counting skills may be lacking, but one safety can't fill both Polamalu's or Clark's spots

How can an outside linebacker drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round apply pressure when he's a backup behind Woodley? Tough to do that from the sideline.

Hood hasn't broken out quickly. He was really good in 2010, regressed some in 2011 and stayed the same in 2012. That said, how much of his regression could have been Hampton's own regression, putting more pressure on Hood that he's not supposed to have to deal with in our system? I'm not making excuses for Hood, he's not great but he is a solid contributor to why the team was 2nd in rush yards per game, 3rd in rush yards per play, and why Woodley actually was applying pressure before his own injuries slowed him down. Way too early to call Hood a bust and look for his replacement.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-senior-bowl

I hope you would join me in puking on your keyboards while reading this.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-senior-bowl

I hope you would join me in puking on your keyboards while reading this.
    Awful

vCash
    That draft would be terrible.

vCash
    Eww

vCash
    Even with the fact that that mock sucks it would boost our offense. Heath and Ertz would be a dangerous duo at tight end. Patterson would give us a legit number one receiver and if Lattimore can come back healthy he would give us the featured back we need.

We may need an outside linebacker, inside linebacker and we need a safety though so going offense for three straight rounds wouldn't be smart IMO.

I still think the team evaluations will determine the draft though. If they are happy with:

Heyward/Keisel---McLendon---Hood
    Harrison/Worilds--Timmons---Foote/Spence---Woodley
    Lewis/Allen--Polamalu--Clark--Taylor/Brown

That defense is pretty solid, but it all depends on how the team feels about Spence, McLendon, Heyward, and Worilds. Also it depends on if they can re-sign Lewis as well as what they do with Foote and Keisel this off-season.

If they feel comfortable with that lineup however and feel that Sylvester, Chris Carter, Adrian Robinson, DeMarcus Van ****, Josh Victorian, Al Woods, Mundy/W. Allen, and Ta'amu are adequate back-ups it would cut down the draft needs for defense.

I don't see that happening though.

vCash
    Yeah...... There are some ****ing clown on Bleacher Report. That draft is absolutely terrible...

We need Defense. We need Offense. We need help.

Can't wait to watch Tyrann Mathieu at the combine
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    I also have a feeling the safety position may go something like this:

2013: Starters: Clark and Polamalu; Back-up: 2012 Draft pick and W. Allen, Mundy, or Golden

2014: Clark leaves because his contract is up; Starters: Draft pick from 2012 and Polamalu; Back-ups: 2013 Draft pick and Mundy/Golden/Other

2015: Polamalu retires or leaves with his contract expired; Starters: 2012 and 2013 draft picks; Back-ups: Mundy/Golden/Others

That scenario would allow us to only have to fill one safety position this year and then another next year. It would also mean that we would need Polamalu to stay healthy for two straight years or else we would be stretched very thin at safety. However, even though Troy is pegged as injury prone he has played the majority of his games in all-but two of his NFL seasons.

vCash
    We had the 21st ranked offense and the top ranked defense so we need offensive help, right? I can hear that Bleacher Report person's thought process. "Leading receiver had just over 800 yards and Mike Wallace is gone so they need a wide receiver." "I don't know Heath Miller's name, not many people do, so they need a tight end." "The running backs were as good as the offensive line allowed them to be (great only when Mike Adams was starting), but they need running backs."

Everyone on offense got injured while the defense's players are getting older. Not necessarily slowing down, but getting older so we want to draft their replacements so the transition is seamless. Offense, especially the line, will be healthy next year. Of course, they're cursed and will all get injured all over again, but hopefully we'll still have the great defense and this time with even more young depth at safety, outside and inside linebacker to compensate.

Edit: Don't feel like double posting. This is why I love SteelersDepot.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...t-senior-bowl/

The explanations make so much sense too.
    Last edited by ring91013144043; 01-27-2013 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    Also given...I forget where I read this....we have one of the youngest starting offenses in the NFL. Here's starters (+2 guys who might/can):
    AB, 24; DeCastro, 23; Dwyer, 23; Foster, 27; Pouncey, 23; Ben, 30; Sanders, 25; Starks, 31; Wallace, 26; Adams, 22; Gilbert, 24; Miller, 30; W.Johnson, 23. Average age 25.4, the guys closest to me age: Foster/Ben/Heath...I'm right in the middle there at almost 29 if that helps with reference.

So looking at our production, in the first year of a new system, and say we need help is ok. But then some places say the whole team is old and too many players have been here too long and the miss the target completely. We just need more familiarity with the offense, not more players.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also given...I forget where I read this....we have one of the youngest starting offenses in the NFL. Here's starters (+2 guys who might/can):
    AB, 24; DeCastro, 23; Dwyer, 23; Foster, 27; Pouncey, 23; Ben, 30; Sanders, 25; Starks, 31; Wallace, 26; Adams, 22; Gilbert, 24; Miller, 30; W.Johnson, 23. Average age 25.4, the guys closest to me age: Foster/Ben/Heath...I'm right in the middle there at almost 29 if that helps with reference.

So looking at our production, in the first year of a new system, and say we need help is ok. But then some places say the whole team is old and too many players have been here too long and the miss the target completely. We just need more familiarity with the offense, not more players.
    This. And to go in order of who you listed:

Brown missed 3 games to injury, DeCastro missed 12, Dwyer missed three, Foster was a backup who started 12 games at RG and the final four at LG once Colon went down, Pouncey missed one, Ben missed three, Adams missed five, Gilbert missed 11, and Heath missed the final game to injury. The problem with the offense was the lack of continuity. The 49ers are in the Super Bowl now and earned a first round bye. All five of their OL started every game. That's what we need. Not more players drafted early.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast