Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't believe someone put a sticky on this thread . We are like 7 months from the draft.

Anyway, I agree with some of the big targets, but we will probably miss out on some, assuming our season turns around and we play well. Te'o probably wont be there. McDonald seems possible. It's tough to say at this point who will be possibilities. I really just hope we can steal an elite linebacker and safety. That's my main goal. I'm still really disappointed about us releasing Brandon Lindsey. I really thought he could be our next James Harrison. Undrafted free agent turning into a star. He was a hell of a pass rusher in college.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I can't believe someone put a sticky on this thread . We are like 7 months from the draft.

Anyway, I agree with some of the big targets, but we will probably miss out on some, assuming our season turns around and we play well. Te'o probably wont be there. McDonald seems possible. It's tough to say at this point who will be possibilities. I really just hope we can steal an elite linebacker and safety. That's my main goal. I'm still really disappointed about us releasing Brandon Lindsey. I really thought he could be our next James Harrison. Undrafted free agent turning into a star. He was a hell of a pass rusher in college.
    Hater this deserves a sticky unlike you

vCash
    What does that even mean
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    It means we need a corner

vCash
    I agree with what y'all have stated so far. Clearly another ILB is needed to go along with Timmons. I'm not ready to say we absolutely need to invest a high pick on a CB because we do have 2 (or 3 rather) promising young CB's. I definitely think, though, we need to target a safety and groom him to eventually take over. Everyone here knows that I love Kenny Vaccaro with all my heart, and I obviously love McDonald as well. So either one of those I'd gladly take. However to through another possible name out there, I really like Earl Wolff from NC State (homer, I know.) I've seen him play a lot and I'll obviously watch him a lot this season, but so far I like what I see. A good potential 3rd roundish pickup.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    Throwing it out there. If Brandon Jenkins from FSU, who got a season ending injury week 1, doesn't redshirt, and he loses some draft stock from his injury, he could be a huge steal somewhere. He could have been a top 10 pick had he come out last year. Would be pretty elite across from Woodley.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Never saw him play Dan

vCash
    Brandon Jenkins is a guy who I really like. He's a very good LB....

And i didn't even know he got injured, poor guy.. Hopefully he can comeback, have a good showing at the combine. And I would really love to draft him.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Several months away, but this mock currently has us taking Marcus Lattimore.

There is one player in the entire draft I am willing to take in round 1 that is not defense, and anyone who pays attention knows how badly I want Lattimore as our running back. I said months ago he was my top guy for the 2013 draft. This would be amazing if we somehow got him.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I agree....Latt is the one offensive player I would be ok with taking in round one. Like I said an option like this should only be if we loose Wallace (I'm banking on we don't loose him). But if we do loose him I think Latt to take pressure off Brown/Sanders/Miller. I think the other option could be Eifert. Move to a 2 TE type offense like NE runs. Eifert to be our 'Gronk' and Miller could play the role of Hernandez.

I'm still praying we fall into position to take almost all defensive players.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    I love latt

vCash
    Expecting, but now almost hoping Mendenhall comes back and doesn't do significantly better than Redman and Dwyer. The offensive line just can't get a push and run block. I will always be against getting a new running back to "help" the run game. I'd be for getting a complementary player, like we did with Rainey since we didn't have a RB with game breaking speed like he does, but someone to fix all the problems? That's not possible. We'll see what happens when DeCastro comes back later in the season, that should make a greater difference than Mendenhall or any other new running back.

vCash
    We still need Offensive line help..... Big time. Colon is always a bubble ready to pop, and go down with another injury. LT is a toss up between Max and Mike. Which I think Mike will unseat when ready, or Marcus will take over. Completely agree though, to wait and see what David will bring. I'm banking on a huge difference, holes, chemistry and timing down as an OL.

Defensive wise..... Manti Te'o or Tj McDonald is fine with me. CBs, there is 4 so called projected 1st rounders. So that will be interesting. I'd still love to get Tyrann Mathieu. Janoris Jenkins is playing fairly well in St Louis. Courtland has taken him under his wing. Who would want to learn from Finnegan. He's a boss
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    I don't see O-Line as a big need anymore. Like you said, Mike will unseat when ready and David is injured. I do think since Gilbert is a better pass blocker and Adams is a better run blocker that Gilbert should be LT and Gilbert should be RT. Then Pouncey at C (he may not be other worldly like ESPN made him seem, but he's still an elite C) and David at RG. And even though Colon and Foster have been ok at LG I think Beachum will be ready to step in there and start. I think if you look at a line like that we have 2 1st rounders 2 2nd rounders. Thats why if at all just take a guy in later rounds.

And on Tyrann Mathieu...I might do that in the 3rd round if he's still available. Why third? (1) I know he has 'cleaned up' but with a history like that I don't see the Steelers taking a chance. It's not in our MO. I think taking Adams was the exception. (2) I think he's way too small to play CB at a high level in the NFL. (3) If you take him your drafting him for his skill as a return man. And the value of that is dropping fast. Besides we have Rainey, Brown, Sanders who have all returned at one point. We don't need another.

With every PSU game I watch the more Hodges, Mauti, and Carson amaze me. Any of the three would be great in our system. Especially Mauti. Fast, instinctive, can cover. He reminds me a lot of the Hamm and Lambert. Great against the run.

As for corners...I would say go to the SEC. Most SEC corners usually turn into good players.

Finally I wouldn't mind spending a late pick on McGloin. He could be a nice backup. Plays a lot like Batch. Nothing spectacular, makes good choices, doesn't really give the ball up. I think he would be a nice 3rd QB/career backup.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Latt had a another good gaem

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast