Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here we go.
    Last edited by TheKid; 08-13-2012 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    Why would money traded before the end of the year be taken out for the next year? That doesn't make any damn sense.

I wouldnt have made the trade with the Marlins or the Rangers had I known that. I only did it not to lose the money.

Mother ****er thats ********.

vCash
    Poods has a point.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    All trades are processed AFTER the sim with the exception being the trade deadline, thus the trades put in under this sim are done in the 2034 calendar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    All trades are processed AFTER the sim with the exception being the trade deadline, thus the trades put in under this sim are done in the 2034 calendar.
    He doesnt mean the trades, its the way the game flips the money. The new "fiscal" year begins immediately after the WS and not at the beginning of the calendar year.

So in his case he had 120 Million and it got wiped immediately after the WS as opposed to at the beginning of the year. It doesnt make a difference really since the trades are processed after the sim anyways, but you can't really trade extra money away after the deadline since you can only post trades/process them after the WS and by then the money is gone.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    The rangers one I can kind of see.

The marlins was processed in October.

vCash
    Oh well I'll make it back anyhow. Not planning on signing a fa anywho. Was hoping for more for ifa mostly or buying picks.

vCash
    How the hell can Hank Mardukas throw a 97-99 MPH cutter? It was never that fast before.
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

vCash
    His velocity went up. Its not always going to stay the same and its not always conventional. For example you could have a guy who only throws a changeup and a knuckle and his velocity could be 99. Its just an oddity of the game really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    His velocity went up. Its not always going to stay the same and its not always conventional. For example you could have a guy who only throws a changeup and a knuckle and his velocity could be 99. Its just an oddity of the game really.
    Oddity? There must be a restrictor or a cap on things like that. Not only is a 99 MPH cutter impossible, but so is a 97. Seriously though, a 10 mph spike up? If this guy is a clone of Nibbler, something went far, far wrong.

As for your example of a changeup/knuckle guy who has 99 mph velocity, show me one.
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Itztheshiznt View Post
    Oddity? There must be a restrictor or a cap on things like that. Not only is a 99 MPH cutter impossible, but so is a 97. Seriously though, a 10 mph spike up? If this guy is a clone of Nibbler, something went far, far wrong.

As for your example of a changeup/knuckle guy who has 99 mph velocity, show me one.
    Have you ever perhaps considered the velocity refers to "If a 4 seam fastball is thrown then..."

Because that's how it works. It doesn't ACTUALLY mean that a guy throws a 99MPH cutter.

God you're ****ing dense.

vCash
    I didn't know you could see individual pitch velocities.

Unless Doog is trying to say you can't.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I didn't know you could see individual pitch velocities.

Unless Doog is trying to say you can't.
    You can't. That's exactly what I'm saying. The velocity is the max velocity of a pitcher. Not the speed at which he throws any particular pitch. It refers to fastball velocity.

vCash
    Well apparently looks like the deal for BGonz has fallen through. You can see what kind of deal I want feel free to make me an offer similar. You can ignore Cohoon and the 2nd rounder though, unless you are looking to shed salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Have you ever perhaps considered the velocity refers to "If a 4 seam fastball is thrown then..."

Because that's how it works. It doesn't ACTUALLY mean that a guy throws a 99MPH cutter.

God you're ****ing dense.
    No I didn't consider that, that's my mistake. I've just been under the impression for every non-fastball pitcher when it says "velocity 89-91" that is where their fastest pitch tops out (normally a slider, changeup, forkball, ect). I've been going on that assumption since 6.5.

I like the trade caption. Maybe we can just start doing that for all my trades. Seems easier that way.
    Last edited by Itztheshiznt; 08-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    On Dan Bylsma:

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast