Voted straight democrat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Voted straight democrat
    Nice PA needs to go to Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Nice PA needs to go to Obama
    and too as many democratic seats as possible so he gets a fair chance to pass his ideas before we kick him out

vCash
    Independent!!
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Democrats doing damage gaining house seats and it looks like Obama won

vCash
    Before I go to bed I'll leave you guys with this.

Today I was told if Romney wins 90% of local government employees in my county will be laid off. That's 900 jobs in my county alone. These cuts will be happening across the country. He plans on having parks, planning, inspections all privatized, and prefers the work done overseas.

That includes my job. This is the first time I can honestly say an election 100% effects me.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Today I was told if Romney wins 90% of local government employees in my county will be laid off. That's 900 jobs in my county alone. These cuts will be happening across the country. He plans on having parks, planning, inspections all privatized, and prefers the work done overseas.

That includes my job. This is the first time I can honestly say an election 100% effects me.
    Obama baby he supports school which I need help with o he got my vote also many other reasons

vCash
    I'm so thankful Obama won, but Prop 34 is letting me down right now
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Washington and Colorado leading the way!

-Can't handle Yawktoberfest bruh!-

vCash
    I'm Republican and obviously disagree with most of you guys on the issues. Without getting into an argument I'll just say that I'm extremely disappointed in the direction we have chosen. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I couldn't help but comment, sorry. Obviously I don't know the details of your scenario but privatization of jobs is more cost-effective and efficient than jobs through the federal government. Less regulation and taxation spurs economic growth and freedom for small businesses which, in turn, creates competition amongst companies of similar nature. Through this the cost of services decline while nothing but the best quality is accepted. Jobs funded through the federal government is not the answer to the economic problems we face. Small businesses creates jobs. The only way to get small businesses going is to simply let them be. Capitalism is a wonderful thing if you let it run its course.

Again sorry for commenting but I couldn't resist. I guess it's all for nothing now anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I'm Republican and obviously disagree with most of you guys on the issues. Without getting into an argument I'll just say that I'm extremely disappointed in the direction we have chosen. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.
    I'm an Independent, but I'm a bit concerned as well. I don't understand why we continue putting lawyers in charge when someone who actually knows how to efficiently run a business (and the government is a business) offers better solutions.

vCash
    I couldn't help but comment, sorry. Obviously I don't know the details of your scenario but privatization of jobs is more cost-effective and efficient than jobs through the federal government. Less regulation and taxation spurs economic growth and freedom for small businesses which, in turn, creates competition amongst companies of similar nature. Through this the cost of services decline while nothing but the best quality is accepted. Jobs funded through the federal government is not the answer to the economic problems we face. Small businesses creates jobs. The only way to get small businesses going is to simply let them be. Capitalism is a wonderful thing if you let it run its course.

Again sorry for commenting but I couldn't resist. I guess it's all for nothing now anyways.
    I was going to respond, but realized it's be lengthy and I'm tired and want to go to bed. Suffice to say that I disagree heartily with both sides. The best path to success is empowering individuals with freedom, opportunity, and knowledge. Limiting the influence of corporations, unions, organizations, institutions, etc., is a necessary part of empowering individuals. I'll leave it at that and let folks draw their own conclusions.

vCash
    I was going to delete that last comment but I saw that N.E. quoted me so it would be useless to delete. It's suffice to say that I just don't think government has the answers, the people and small businesses do. And I'll leave it at that, as opposed to writing some long, lengthy opinion.

vCash

Well I can say part of the problem with privatizing planning is we basically act as stewards of the law much in the way police officers do. Planning and zoning are all laws that many planners write (in the form of STIP TIPP and Comprehensive Plans). What happens then is private companies come in and share their plans for the land with us. We make sure that these plans fit within the vision and fall in with all codes.

I'm not saying we make everything look the same but we ensure that there is a uniform vision in the look of a borough or township.

Now without us imagine that any company can buy any plot of land and do as they please. You have a beautiful house in the middle of suburbia. A waste company buys the plot next to you and decides to make it a landfill. All the sudden your house has no value, you can't stop them from doing so, and there is no voice to oppose that company.

Us planners are that line that tell these companies where and where not to build. We make sure that there are no skyscrapers near airports. We preserve farms. And in my current Comprehensive Plan I'm writing in more stipulations that help small businesses start and thrive. I have the ability to create tax breaks for those small companies, and place harsher taxes on bigger companies.

On that note I can give a brief example of what I mean. In the borough I manage most the planning we have quite a few vacant, run down townhomes. I have created a section of the plan where if your a small business owner and you buy that building within a certain number of yards of the square, you don't pay property taxed for 10 years if you use that building for your business. If any national chain or big box store tries to buy into the townhome or and open lot within borough limits they have to pay an 'advertisement' tax (like charging McD for putting the golden arches along the road in a light up sign), that essentially doubles their property tax.

So basically without me imagine you live in an area the gets rid of the police force and hires private security to do everything.

Sorry for the length of the post...

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast