Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anybody else realize that with AV not in the starting lineup that the avg age of the starting lineup is 22 years old. Ridiculously young. Gotta let the kids grow. Bad start tonight though.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Dion did not finish well down the stretch but my lord did he get screwed at the rim. At least 4 straight drive attempts he was fouled with no call and either got blocked or missed. I get that the more seasoned you are the more calls you get but that shouldn't make it so that you call a game based upon a players experience level. The officiating if awful, just gotta push through it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Dion did not finish well down the stretch but my lord did he get screwed at the rim. At least 4 straight drive attempts he was fouled with no call and either got blocked or missed. I get that the more seasoned you are the more calls you get but that shouldn't make it so that you call a game based upon a players experience level. The officiating if awful, just gotta push through it.
    this is why the NBA is so screwed...

1. refs make their own rules. They base fouls upon how long you been in the leauge and who you are. Also they will call fouls in the first half but then not call the same play a foul in the second.

2. All the stars teaming up. you gonna have 5-6 stacked teams and 20+ other teams who have no shot at all. lets be honest this season 2-4 teams have a real shot at winning the championship and if i were a betting man i'd put everything on the heat. I've only watched maybe 10 cavs games this year and maybe 15 NBA games altogether. just very little entertainment.

just a couple thoughts off the top of my head but there are many more.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    this is why the NBA is so screwed...

1. refs make their own rules. They base fouls upon how long you been in the leauge and who you are. Also they will call fouls in the first half but then not call the same play a foul in the second.

2. All the stars teaming up. you gonna have 5-6 stacked teams and 20+ other teams who have no shot at all. lets be honest this season 2-4 teams have a real shot at winning the championship and if i were a betting man i'd put everything on the heat. I've only watched maybe 10 cavs games this year and maybe 15 NBA games altogether. just very little entertainment.

just a couple thoughts off the top of my head but there are many more.
    1. Agree completely...a foul is a foul, regardless of who it is on/against...regardless of the situation in the game. If a guy gets hacked going to the rim, call the foul, period.

2. I have become less and less of a basketball fan because of this...you know who is going to win most games before they tip (yes, the blind squirrels still manage to find nuts every now and then...but for the most part, you know who is going to win when one of the big teams is involved). I was all NBA for a while because of the one and done rule in college, but now that you have the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Clippers, Nets, Knicks taking all of the developed superstars from around the league (and the Thunder developing their own)...I am back to watching the NCAA game...at least here you see a lot of guys playing for pure passion knowing that they have no shot of playing at the next level...they just go out and put it all on the line.

I am not sure if their ratings are down overall...but I would be willing to be that the number of viewers for the average NBA game is down somewhat due to knowing that "their" team has not shot to do anything in the playoffs...which is sad!

vCash
    Is anyone else disappointed with the officiating thus far?

vCash
    That was a wild finish last night. It would have been awesome to see Kyrie drain that final 3 but we had no business being in that game to begin with. C.J. Miles and Tristan kept us alive throughout that game and allowed us the opportunity to try and steal it at the end. Watching Miles go off last night was a lot of fun and you could see the team feeding off his energy.

Also, I'm loving the way Luke Walton is playing lately. Lately he's playing smart, team-centered basketball. He's keeping the offense flowing, playing solid defense, hustling after loose balls, and he seems to provide a calming influence with our bench unit. Not lighting the world on fire by any means but it's nice to see him giving us some production.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Is anyone else disappointed with the officiating thus far?
    I thought that they only had one whistle between the entire crew last night...it was embarrassing to see some of the non calls. There were times that either Luke Walton or Tyler Zeller would get thrown out of the lane while Brooklyn was going after a rebound and you would think that they HAD to call the foul, and they wouldn't and it would turn into a 3 point play for the Nets. There were also several times that either Waiters, Miles, or Irving would drive to the hoop and have their wallet taken out of their pocket and there would be no call. I don't get the NBA anymore...what IS a foul these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I thought that they only had one whistle between the entire crew last night...it was embarrassing to see some of the non calls. There were times that either Luke Walton or Tyler Zeller would get thrown out of the lane while Brooklyn was going after a rebound and you would think that they HAD to call the foul, and they wouldn't and it would turn into a 3 point play for the Nets. There were also several times that either Waiters, Miles, or Irving would drive to the hoop and have their wallet taken out of their pocket and there would be no call. I don't get the NBA anymore...what IS a foul these days?
    Completely agreed. There was one play where Brook Lopez clearly pushed off of Zeller, grabs the rebound, and goes up for a layup. Somehow Zeller was called for the foul and I just don't get it....The poor kid was even staring at the referee pleading for an explanation that the ref couldn't provide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by borninohio View Post
    is anyone else disappointed with the officiating thus far?
    yes!!!

vCash
    That was a wild finish last night. It would have been awesome to see Kyrie drain that final 3 but we had no business being in that game to begin with. C.J. Miles and Tristan kept us alive throughout that game and allowed us the opportunity to try and steal it at the end. Watching Miles go off last night was a lot of fun and you could see the team feeding off his energy.

Also, I'm loving the way Luke Walton is playing lately. Lately he's playing smart, team-centered basketball. He's keeping the offense flowing, playing solid defense, hustling after loose balls, and he seems to provide a calming influence with our bench unit. Not lighting the world on fire by any means but it's nice to see him giving us some production.
    This isn't an attack in any way.... Melo when are you gonna hold this team accountable? I love your optimism (especially since most of Cleveland sports talk is negative based) but you seem to be very accepting of losing (re: Cavs).

My biggest concerns are: (a.) Can our best players (Kyrie, Andy) stay healthy, and (b.) Is Byron Scott the right coach (as opposed to the left coach)?

Kyrie and his accolades are blasted all over ESPN, Summer Olympics, Kobe Challenge, etc. but he's on a team with one of the worst records for now 1.5 seasons.
    I love Kyrie (I get that he's only 20) but I could really care less about personal accomplishments (Uncle Drew) if they don't help progress the overall good of the team. I also have my concerns with his commitment to the Cavs. If LeDouche (yeah born in NE Ohio) didn't want to stay with the franchise that drafted him (even though his melodramatic rifts suggested otherwise) then why would Kyrie (not from here) do the same? And I wouldn't blame Kyrie for thinking otherwise (have a feeling he'd handle it without Jim "I'll suck your under carriage for $" Grey).

I was happy with the Byron Scott hire 2 years back. But what has he done for us/them lately? Questionable rotations, silly rules, lots of predictable "ISO" plays, and LOSING. At what point do we say farewell?

Otherwise, I generally agree with your valid input. TT is certainly proving his worth, and I think I'd like to see maybe Andy come off the bench moving forward (TT development). CJ Miles also known as "3J Miles" has been spectacular. And Luke Walton is more fun to watch than Samardo Samuels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I don't get it either? I've *****ed about it... CHeat fans call everyone "crybabies" for questioning (yeah big surprise). Apparently you need to cry to the officiating crew like Wade, and LeDouche (ironic) to swing victories. The officiating in the NBA is one step away from WWE. I remember earlier in the season when the Cavs played LeDouche and the CHeat and the refs called LeDouche for a foul. You could hear LeDouche yell to Has-never-was-that-good-been "I didn't foul did you Haslem."
    Has-never-was-that-good-been responded "I didn't foul, wasn't me..."
    And the refs overturned the call. The CHeat ended up shooting something like 20 more FT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    This isn't an attack in any way.... Melo when are you gonna hold this team accountable? I love your optimism (especially since most of Cleveland sports talk is negative based) but you seem to be very accepting of losing (re: Cavs).
    I mean if you were coming into this season expecting us to win a lot of games then you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Byron Scott has even said himself this isn't the year they're going to be winning, but they're close. With another lottery pick next year we should be able to battle for a playoff spot but I knew we were going to have a rough go of it this year.

We have such a young team with players that have some developing to do. It's going to be frustrating at times and exciting at others. I'm fine with waiting for us to build a winner because I think we're going about it the right way. They aren't trying to take a shortcut and overpay for a marginal talent or an overpaid aging star. Loading up picks and lottery players is going to pay off. Patience is the key with this group.

vCash
    I agree with both sides of this argument.

We added another top 4 draft pick and Cody Zeller...we added CJ Miles...you would expect, with more talent that there would be more wins. With a year of experience for Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson, with more talent surrounding them, you would expect them to win some of the close games against some of the sub-par competition that they have faced.

However...we lost Antawn Jamison, one of our leading scorers last year, and replaced him with young, unproven players. We have one of the youngest starting 5s in the league (even with Andy...but without it is staggering how young we are).
    PG - Kyrie Irving 20 years old
    SG - Dion Waiters 21 years old
    SF - Alonzo Gee 25 years old
    PF - Tristan Thompson 21 years old
    C - Tyler Zeller 22 years old
    That's a little over 22 years old per man (or 23.4 years old with Varejao instead of Zeller)...these starters are, for all intents and purposes, seniors in college competing against NBA level competition.

That said...with the quality of the young players that we have on the team (3 top 4 picks in the starting 5), you would expect them to be able to rely on their ability to help them get over the hump SOME of the time.

Sooner or later, you have to start worrying about results rather than "progress" or "potential". This is year #2 with Kyrie Irving, next year is #3...isn't a rookie deal a 4 year deal? Shouldn't we do something at some point to make this team/city/franchise attractive enough to keep him from running to join someone else's "Big 3"? Shouldn't we be getting ready to bring in another "Big 2" to make his "Big 3"?

vCash
    I mean if you were coming into this season expecting us to win a lot of games then you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Byron Scott has even said himself this isn't the year they're going to be winning, but they're close. With another lottery pick next year we should be able to battle for a playoff spot but I knew we were going to have a rough go of it this year.

We have such a young team with players that have some developing to do. It's going to be frustrating at times and exciting at others. I'm fine with waiting for us to build a winner because I think we're going about it the right way. They aren't trying to take a shortcut and overpay for a marginal talent or an overpaid aging star. Loading up picks and lottery players is going to pay off. Patience is the key with this group.
    I know that our key players haven't been healthy (AV, Kyrie) and we are without Jamison. However, last year we were in playoff contention for a bit. I expect at some point this year for the team to play at that level. Not to make the playoffs but to show that this "process" is actually working. Because it almost seems like they've taken a step backwards. I think patience is fine, but at what point are we past this? I think by next year I would like to see this team either "make the playoffs" or "almost make the playoffs." Otherwise I'm concerned we're turning into another Sacto Kings, Washington Wizards, or Charlotte Bobcats.

vCash

Thank you. I don't think half the fanbase knew what the plan was this offseason when the FO and coaches have continually said the same thing with this being a building year and needing to obtain another impact player in the lottery next year. Everyone thought that this team would compete for the final seeds in the East just because of how bad the East was last year and also how good KI looked. KI still looks good but multiple teams got better in the offseason with ready to play players where Cleveland has continually said they are going the right way of building their team now and the development way which more than likely has to be done with top tier FA's not wanting to come to Cleveland unless badly overpaid.

Its not called optimism when you had realistic views of where this team was and is right now. Its optimistic to see these youngsters play well at times and get excited about the future and the possibility of what this team can become if they follow their plan that they have stated multiple times and actually succeed with it.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!