Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Waiters looks good so far.

vCash

vCash
    I like what I saw tonight, Waiters looked solid.
    Kyrie looked superb

vCash
    Great game. Waiters looks good. He clearly outplayed Beal. AV with 23 rebounds. TT had a double double.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 10-31-2012 at 12:01 AM.

vCash
    I want to attack the "Waiter's is a bust" trolls, but then I'd be being a hypocrite because it is after all, only one game. With that being said, I am extremely impressed.

My thoughts:

Kyrie - Strong performance. 29 P, 6 R, 3 A : I couldn't be more excited to see Uncle Drew in his 2nd year.

Waiters - A+ performance for his first NBA game. There were three plays that made me give him this rating. The first came when he picked Bradley Beal's pockets and finished the play with a fantastic dunk. The second play was when he hit a crucial fourth quarter three to regain the momentum for the Cavs. The final play came in the closing seconds of the game when he passed on a contested layup to pull the ball back out, burn a couple extra seconds, and then draw the foul and go to the line. Great way to start his rookie season with some momentum!

Verajao - Wild Thing hustles...period. 12 offensive rebounds? 23 total?! Not to mention 9 assists, 9 points, and 2 blocks. I think he reminded us very quickly of why we missed him when he hurt his wrist last season. I'm glad to see him back on the court.

T.T - Unorthodox, but productive. If he plays his game he will produce a double double every night. He was energetic all night, and displayed tenacity at the end of the game (No one wants to see a player earn a technical foul in the closing seconds of a win, but its still nice to see the energy)

Gee - Eh..took a lot of bad shots, racked up a lot of fouls, and seemed to turn the ball over pretty often. One bright spot was his defense -very aggressive, maybe a bit too aggressive, but it's still nice to see on the first game of the season.

The Wizards were without their two best players, but this shouldn't take anything away from the Cavs. A double digit win at home to start the season - I couldn't ask for anything more.

vCash
    Really fun opener. To add onto what BornInOhio said, I think another aspect we should be thrilled with is Tristan's passing. Last year whenever he was fed in the post he immediately went up with it. You could tell the game was too fast for him and that led to a lot of his offensive struggles. Tonight he looked comfortable in the offense and looked for others rather than forcing up a bad shot. I was really pleased with that.

On Waiters, I loved his attitude tonight. He brought a spark tonight that we needed and that's great to see. He got to the basket at will but he's still having trouble finishing in traffic for some reason. He probably left 6-8 points on the floor tonight with misses at the rim. Once he cleans that up he'll be even more deadly.

Overall though, great game. Byron worried me keeping Walton and Sloan in for so long but thankfully the starters came in and took control again. I'd rather see Samardo or Jon Leuer get minutes over Walton though. I get that Walton brings a veteran presence but man is he awful.
    Last edited by Melo15; 10-31-2012 at 02:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Really fun opener. To add onto what BornInOhio said, I think another aspect we should be thrilled with is Tristan's passing. Last year whenever he was fed in the post he immediately went up with it. You could tell the game was too fast for him and that led to a lot of his offensive struggles. Tonight he looked comfortable in the offense and looked for others rather than forcing up a bad shot. I was really pleased with that.

On Waiters, I loved his attitude tonight. He brought a spark tonight that we needed and that's great to see. He got to the basket at will but he's still having trouble finishing in traffic for some reason. He probably left 6-8 points on the floor tonight with misses at the rim. Once he cleans that up he'll be even more deadly.

Overall though, great game. Byron worried me keeping Walton and Sloan in for so long but thankfully the starters came in and took control again. I'd rather see Samardo or Jon Leuer get minutes over Walton though. I get that Walton brings a veteran presence but man is he awful.
    x2 about everything you said Melo. Sick opener with MGK. Also Fred and AC are just too much at times. Really contemplating getting the League Pass again just to hear them all year.

I would have rather seen Casspi in there for that much of time than Walton. At least you will get some athleticism but he would also take a lot of bad shots and miss a lot of defensive assignments. Don't know what was up with him getting so much playing time. Maybe B. Scott just likes his intelligence and wants a veteran out there at times with all the youngsters especially the second team but he clearly lacks ability.

The second team really scares me. If that is what we can expect from Miles then they will have no one that can score on the second unit. Boobie wasnt that bad but he cannot carry a second unit by himself. Sloan will need to penetrate like he did last night, Zeller is going to need to knock down some 18 footers and Miles needs to average about 10-12 PPG off the bench for the Cavs to even think of .500 this year.

Waiters, thats the way I want to see him attack the basket and also play Defense. Has very good hands and hope the assignments come with the experience of playing this year. Stroke also looked a lot better this game than in the preseason. Being a homer here but that step back jumper on the baseline just reminded me of DWade too much.

KI, is what we though he is. Can't nitpick anything and he is going to need to shot the ball 20 times a game this year for the Cavs to even think about winning.

TT, just keep bringing the intensity and energy and he will be around double double all year especially with his body frame. His line drive FT's are concerning but I love his Offensive Board prowess with AV as it seems that those two expect to get those boards even if it is against a banged up Washington team.

AV, all I have to say is please stay healthy til the trade deadline. Huge chip right now to this team continuing the rebuild.

Gee, nice tip in but too many step back shots that were getting blocked that you should not be doing. Like the energy on D' though.

Nice win last night, the second unit is going to struggle this year and probably put the first unit down a lot but hopefully throughout the year they can find some sort of rotation to get that unit working.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Great game last night! Like everybody said KI is the man, we all know that. But Waiters looked impressive. The play when he just took Beal's cookies was awesome. AV is a straight hustler. Great way to start the season, but remember this was an already bad team missing their top 2 players.

vCash
    Bulls tomorrow without Rose. Do we win? How close will it be?

vCash
    I think we'll lose but we'll keep it interesting. The Bulls are still a very good team and are extremely well coached. The fact that Luke Walton is in our rotation says all you need to know about our depth right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I think we'll lose but we'll keep it interesting. The Bulls are still a very good team and are extremely well coached. The fact that Luke Walton is in our rotation says all you need to know about our depth right now.
    I think you see more Samuels and Leaur moving forward. Byron said that he called on Walton on the first game to give some familiarity to the second team. I think moving forward that he is going to start playing TALENT over familiarity out there. I expect to see more Leaur and AV combinations and Samuels and Zeller combos. I think you see more Samuels tonight to counter the Bulls toughness inside. If the Cavs do win this game then TT and AV are going to have to keep up with Noah and Boozer inside. I think they win it with Gee locking up Deng and KI making Hinrich look stupid all game. Hopefully.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Good luck to you guys tonight. Love your young guys and Varejeo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I think you see more Samuels and Leaur moving forward. Byron said that he called on Walton on the first game to give some familiarity to the second team. I think moving forward that he is going to start playing TALENT over familiarity out there. I expect to see more Leaur and AV combinations and Samuels and Zeller combos. I think you see more Samuels tonight to counter the Bulls toughness inside. If the Cavs do win this game then TT and AV are going to have to keep up with Noah and Boozer inside. I think they win it with Gee locking up Deng and KI making Hinrich look stupid all game. Hopefully.
    I sure hope so. I saw this article which made me believe Walton will be getting consistent minutes. Hopefully it's just bad reporting though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Good luck to you guys tonight. Love your young guys and Varejeo.
    Thanks man, same to you. It should be a fun game. Hopefully Kyrie is finally about to figure out how to attack Hinrich. I think the key to tonight's game is which Waiters shows up. If it's the one from Tuesday we have a shot. If it's the passive one we saw in the preseason then this game could get ugly. Hopefully C.J. Miles and Alonzo Gee show up tonight as well.

vCash
    Looks like it's going to be a long night, boys. For the love of God, what does Byron ****ing see in Luke Walton? He's garbage. Absolute ****ing garbage. Keep him on the bench where he belongs.

vCash
    These rotations kill me. The way Byron sets up our lineup to start the 2nd/4th quarter we have absolutely no chance at sustainable offense. If he's going to take Waiters out early in the 1st/3rd like he does, he should start the 2nd/4th. He's the only one outside of Kyrie who can run the offense with any degree of success. This isn't the reason we're losing but it's going to cost us some games this year and it almost cost us the Wizards game.

Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast