Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hollinger thinks Cavs, Blazers, and Lakers are vying for worst bench. I'd like to think the Cavs could win this category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    This is one of those games where our young talent show just what they're capable of while reminding us how young they are by coughing up the lead. We have no depth and that killed us tonight. C.J. Miles is playing like a bum and that needs to change quickly. Samardo just looked lost out there tonight. You could tell Irving is still recovering but man did Waiters look good tonight.
    Samardo was also -10. Never been a huge fan of his game. He could be a solid bench player but lacks consistency and focus. I know Miles was also suffering from food poisoning but he's sucked for most of the games. And Kyrie put up 17 with food poisoning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Samardo was also -10. Never been a huge fan of his game. He could be a solid bench player but lacks consistency and focus. I know Miles was also suffering from food poisoning but he's sucked for most of the games. And Kyrie put up 17 with food poisoning.
    Agreed entirely. Samardo went from having a nice game Wednesday to an awful one last night. If anything you'd think he'd be more comfortable coming off the bench rather than starting seeing as how that's been his job since he's been in the league.

Oh well, gotta move forward to Sunday. Hopefully we don't get destroyed.

vCash
    You guys have an amazing backcourt. Very bright future. Just upgrade the SF and PF and you guys are in the playoffs making noise.

vCash
    Zeller out

The Cavs are listing center Tyler Zeller as out of today's game at OKC. They were hoping to have him back in the lineup today wearing a mask.

vCash
    Waiters playing well. Has 8 points half way through the 1st. This guy looks legit to me.

vCash
    Didn't know that when Casspi took Miles minutes it would mean he would play just as awful. Macleod trying to tell us that he normally knocks those shots down in practice.

vCash
    Boobie Gibson saving the bench.

vCash
    “@JasonLloydABJ: Jon Leuer in for Samardo, who had 2 fouls in 4 mins. Samuels got the death stare AND the slow head shake from BScott as he came off.”

vCash
    Game over. TT sucks!

vCash
    Not sure why Waiters isn't playing at all in 3rd Q? Is B Scott sending a message? If he really wants to send a message then send the bench back to the D-League. Bye bye Sloan, Casspi, Miles, Samuels...

vCash
    @roadmanwknr: Casspi missed the dunk so badly he fooled the refs into thinking he had to be fouled! LMAO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Not sure why Waiters isn't playing at all in 3rd Q? Is B Scott sending a message? If he really wants to send a message then send the bench back to the D-League. Bye bye Sloan, Casspi, Miles, Samuels...
    Arch WTF happened in last nights game. I wasn't able to watch it but all I keep hearing is how Samuels and Waiters are fully in Scotts doghouse all of a sudden?

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Just rewatched 3Q of tonight's game. Saw couple minor errors by Waiters, nothing egregious.
    I don't have time to watch the first half, but he took a couple of questionable 3-pointers early in the quarter and very early in the shot clock. He lost Sefolosha on defense a couple of times, and he was lazy going to get a bounce pass in the lane from Varejao that resulted in a turnover.

None of it was awful, but all of it together may have irritated Byron. It will be interesting to see if Byron is any more forthcoming tomorrow on why he benched Waiters for the fourth quarter.
    Jason Lloyd

Of the plays Lloyd talks about really only the questionable threes were things he did wrong. He lost Selfolosha on defense a few times because Westbrook was blowing by Kyrie and he was having to play help defense. The pass from Varejao was a forced pass to him at his shins with Ibaka right on top of him. If he dove he maybe could have got it but even if he did there was nothing he could do with it.

I don't know what's up with Byron this year but man he's got me ticked. Listen, I don't expect us to win a lot of games or go to the playoffs. I'm realistic to that mindset but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be putting ourselves in the best position possible to win games early in the season. His rotations have taken us completely out of games.

Look at last night for instance. Dion Waiters gets hot to start the game and he takes him out after 6 minutes like he does every game. I get the need to establish a rotation but this is the 3rd or 4th time this season where Dion came out on fire and Byron just yanks him out and doesn't ride the hot hand. Also, we were down 6 points going into the 4th quarter. To start the 4th he trots out Sloan, Gibson, Casspi, Leuer and Thompson. How the hell are we going to get anything going with that group or keep up with Westbrook's scoring? This is after Waiters had already been sitting out for 6 minutes, clearly ready to return. I get that Irving needs a break there, that's fine. However, Durant returned around the 9 minute mark and Irving didn't return until around 5 minutes left with the game fully out of reach.

I like Byron, and I think he's a great coach. However, right now he's clearly not putting us in the best position to win. It's almost like the tank is in effect already this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Jason Lloyd

Of the plays Lloyd talks about really only the questionable threes were things he did wrong. He lost Selfolosha on defense a few times because Westbrook was blowing by Kyrie and he was having to play help defense. The pass from Varejao was a forced pass to him at his shins with Ibaka right on top of him. If he dove he maybe could have got it but even if he did there was nothing he could do with it.

I don't know what's up with Byron this year but man he's got me ticked. Listen, I don't expect us to win a lot of games or go to the playoffs. I'm realistic to that mindset but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be putting ourselves in the best position possible to win games early in the season. His rotations have taken us completely out of games.

Look at last night for instance. Dion Waiters gets hot to start the game and he takes him out after 6 minutes like he does every game. I get the need to establish a rotation but this is the 3rd or 4th time this season where Dion came out on fire and Byron just yanks him out and doesn't ride the hot hand. Also, we were down 6 points going into the 4th quarter. To start the 4th he trots out Sloan, Gibson, Casspi, Leuer and Thompson. How the hell are we going to get anything going with that group or keep up with Westbrook's scoring? This is after Waiters had already been sitting out for 6 minutes, clearly ready to return. I get that Irving needs a break there, that's fine. However, Durant returned around the 9 minute mark and Irving didn't return until around 5 minutes left with the game fully out of reach.

I like Byron, and I think he's a great coach. However, right now he's clearly not putting us in the best position to win. It's almost like the tank is in effect already this year.
    I agree Waiters seems to sit for long stretches. The bench clearly stinks. I'd rather see Waiters at the 3 over Casspi, or Miles.