Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last nights game got out of hand quickly and I expect that to happen a lot this year as this team is still going to have nights where they are going to have trouble putting the ball in the hoop. Tristan did show some new post moves that he learned this off-season but still showed at times that he is very raw and off balance a lot. Waiters couldn't buy a shot but wasn't really being aggressive going to the paint last night. He will need to find a way to get to the rim more and the FT line when his outside shot isn't going down but I would imagine he was pretty nervous playing in Philly for the first time. KI is who we know he is and Andy needs to stay healthy because he is a big piece to this team.

I don't think they are going to be able to compete for the 8th seed this year but I am kind of happy about that as I think they still need to obtain another lottery pick next year to really round out this team and get another dynamic scorer to go with KI and Dion. I am not saying that they need to lose on purpose but that the team will probably play hard all year but because of their experience and clear weaknesses that the team is going to have a lot of down nights. I would imagine around 30-35 wins for this team.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Yeah, it's going to benefit us getting another high lottery pick. You can tell Waiters hasn't got a feel for the offense yet. Not to mention he's still learning to play with Kyrie. It's going to take a while for them to gel and I assume around the time they finally do Varejao will be close to (if not already) traded which would offset the difference.

vCash
    NBA scout's take today on rookies Dion Waiters (Cavs) vs. Harrison Barnes (Warriors): "I envision Waiters as...
    someone who scores 20 points one night and 3 the next his entire rookie season. I envision Barnes as someone who does it his entire career. To me, Waiters still has a lot of upside. Barnes should be a nice NBA player, but what you see now is likely what you'll always get. ... Waiters will always be a better facilitator. If the Cavs get a frontcourt scorer, they're gonna be lethal in a year or two."
    Sam Amico

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    You're just a Dion Waiters homer. He sucks after 5 preseason game and a Summer League compared to a guy that would be the Cavs savior and get them to the playoffs this year after what he has shown in the Summer League and 5 preseason games in Harrison Barnes. Chris Grant needs to go as first with TT who looks nothing like a double double player this year and now the HUGE reach for this guy that sucks in Waiters.

Thats what you can expect to get after that post Melo. Have fun with over reactions of the irrational Cleveland fan base who really should be running the team. LOL. Sorry couldn't contain myself after reading some of these fools comments.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Sadly you're probably right

I will admit though, as a Syracuse fan I'm biased towards Waiters. I know what he's capable of doing and think his game will translate well but it's going to be an adjustment for him. Pretty much like his freshman year at Syracuse except (hopefully) without the maturity issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    You're just a Dion Waiters homer. He sucks after 5 preseason game and a Summer League compared to a guy that would be the Cavs savior and get them to the playoffs this year after what he has shown in the Summer League and 5 preseason games in Harrison Barnes. Chris Grant needs to go as first with TT who looks nothing like a double double player this year and now the HUGE reach for this guy that sucks in Waiters.

Thats what you can expect to get after that post Melo. Have fun with over reactions of the irrational Cleveland fan base who really should be running the team. LOL. Sorry couldn't contain myself after reading some of these fools comments.
    I'm trying to be open minded about Waiters.

vCash
    Dion Waiters to start for Cavs opening night. Kyrie, Varejao, Thompson, Gee the others.
    Sam Amico

Waiters did enough in the last week & a half to earn the starting job at SG according to Byron Scott.
    Kenny Roda

Scott also said Gee had a good camp & knows the system better & will bring energy & defense to the starting line up
    Kenny Roda

Byron Scott also said he'll start the season with a 10 man rotation. 5 off the bench probably are: CJ Miles, Zeller, Boobie, Sloan & Samardo
    Kenny Roda
    Last edited by Melo15; 10-29-2012 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Cant wait for tomorrow night!

vCash
    Game is on as scheduled tonight. Can't wait; missed watching this team play!

vCash
    Luckily enough I can watch it as Direct has the first week of League pass for free. Go CAVS. This should be a win with Wall out.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Go Cavs! Excited for tonight's game.

vCash
    I'm a big Waiters guy as I played against him years ago in summer leagues and what not. Hope Cleveland does very well this year!

vCash
    Waiters will be a good player for years to come. Dude can flatout get to the basket.

vCash
    Cavs have a very bright future...Zeller, Thompson, Waiters and Iriving. Irving will be a superstar, Thompson will be a good player and Waiters can be the 2ndry scorer if he develops. not sold yet on Zeller yet.

vCash
    Some blown calls by the refs go against the Cavs.

Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast