Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 70 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2142
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    8,090
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed completely! Its all really about your role on a team.
    Last edited by prodigy; 01-31-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Of course he's overpaid. He's an all-star who some team got real stupid and overpaid him big time. I agree with that. But you didn't say that. Gay is a much better player then speights.
    He is not a much better player than Speights. Again, you're comparing two different positions. It's not just about points and rebounds.

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    It's because he's been so efficient while he's been on the court. He's been able to block shots and get steals on defense and only shoots on offense when he has a guaranteed easy bucket. He's shooting 60% from the field which is a huge boost to his efficiency. His post game is pretty much non-existent at this point, but he's aware of that and doesn't force up bad shots. His FT% is still terrible (38%), but he's played well. The reason his numbers are low is because of how few minutes he gets. It makes no sense why he doesn't play more. I think his FG% would go down some but his rebounding numbers/blocked shots would look even better.

    I'm not saying he's better than the guys you mentioned, he's clearly not. However, his efficiency has certainly been notable and that's why his PER is so high. It's just another case of why you can't use one stat to compare players.
    I agree. And I never said Drummond was better than Kyrie. It's best to use it to compare it at each position. Kyrie has to do a lot more with the ball than Drummond.

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    I moved the "Gay" comments to the other thread. All comments in this thread must be heterosexual.

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    He is not a much better player than Speights. Again, you're comparing two different positions. It's not just about points and rebounds.

    Please tell me you aren't trying to say Speights is anywhere close to Drummond???? Drummond is already a better player, who has a long way to develop. With Drummond learning the game at a slower pace, I can honestly see him being one of the top centers 3 years from now. And 3 years from now Speights will be coming off the bench.

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    Please tell me you aren't trying to say Speights is anywhere close to Drummond???? Drummond is already a better player, who has a long way to develop. With Drummond learning the game at a slower pace, I can honestly see him being one of the top centers 3 years from now. And 3 years from now Speights will STILL be coming off the bench.
    Fixed your comment and btw he was replying on conversation regarding Rudy Gay and Speights, not Drummond.

    HOYERMANIA!!!

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    Please tell me you aren't trying to say Speights is anywhere close to Drummond???? Drummond is already a better player, who has a long way to develop. With Drummond learning the game at a slower pace, I can honestly see him being one of the top centers 3 years from now. And 3 years from now Speights will be coming off the bench.
    No go back and READ what I said. We are comparing Gay and Speights.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Fixed your comment and btw he was replying on conversation regarding Rudy Gay and Speights, not Drummond.
    He will still be coming off the bench... JUST LIKE WAITERS!!!

  9. #1044
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    He will still be coming off the bench... JUST LIKE WAITERS!!!
    Arch you finally breaking down. You're starting to sound like a troll more and more in your comments.

    HOYERMANIA!!!

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Arch you finally breaking down. You're starting to sound like a troll more and more in your comments.
    Not at all. I'm sorry you think I am trolling. Just because I am concerned about the Cavs and their rebuild doesn't mean I don't like the team. And it certainly doesn't mean I am trolling. I am not in here to gloat about a 13 win team and a potential future that "May or May Not" come into fruition.
    I guess we can't criticize the Cavs anymore? And I was serious about Dion coming off the bench. That isn't a bad thing. Didn't Harden come off the bench. If you think my comment was a troll comment when then so was yours.

  11. #1046
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Not at all. I'm sorry you think I am trolling. Just because I am concerned about the Cavs and their rebuild doesn't mean I don't like the team. And it certainly doesn't mean I am trolling. I am not in here to gloat about a 13 win team and a potential future that "May or May Not" come into fruition.
    I guess we can't criticize the Cavs anymore? And I was serious about Dion coming off the bench. That isn't a bad thing. Didn't Harden come off the bench. If you think my comment was a troll comment when then so was yours.
    LOL, I wasn't even meaning the criticism of the team so thats my bad on my end as its hard to really understand something thru text without the actual expression, feeling through the wording. I'll stop saying your trolling and start saying that you're just getting very sarcastic with your criticisms.

    Anyways thanks for another good debate week. You boys have a good weekend and we'll chat on Monday. Go Cavs. Be happy with a 1-1 weekend.

    HOYERMANIA!!!

  12. #1047
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    LOL, I wasn't even meaning the criticism of the team so thats my bad on my end as its hard to really understand something thru text without the actual expression, feeling through the wording. I'll stop saying your trolling and start saying that you're just getting very sarcastic with your criticisms.

    Anyways thanks for another good debate week. You boys have a good weekend and we'll chat on Monday. Go Cavs. Be happy with a 1-1 weekend.
    That's fine. Sorry if I am coming across as a troll. I'll curb the negativity for a bit. Take care!

  13. #1048
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,556
    vCash
    1500
    The Cavs beat the Thunder and there are ZERO posts about it??? Kyrie Irving outduels Kevin Durant and there are ZERO posts about it? KI scores 13 in the final 3 minutes and there are ZERO posts??? Marreese Speights goes double-double and there are ZERO posts about it???

    Can't say too much about the rest of you because I didn't post either (though I was in bed watching the end of the game...rough being an old married dude)...but, even though it was a Saturday gamee, I can't believe that there wasn't at least some chatter.

    This is the type of win that I expected to see more of this season. I can now see that this team IS headed in the right direction....4 of their last 6 games....I can get used to this type of basketball! Kyrie Irving is already 100 times the closer that a certain member of the Heat EVER was. Perhaps if that player were to come back here, would it be to play Robin to Kyrie's Batman??? Could he handle that???

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    From parts unknown
    Posts
    706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    The Cavs beat the Thunder and there are ZERO posts about it??? Kyrie Irving outduels Kevin Durant and there are ZERO posts about it? KI scores 13 in the final 3 minutes and there are ZERO posts??? Marreese Speights goes double-double and there are ZERO posts about it???

    Can't say too much about the rest of you because I didn't post either (though I was in bed watching the end of the game...rough being an old married dude)...but, even though it was a Saturday gamee, I can't believe that there wasn't at least some chatter.

    This is the type of win that I expected to see more of this season. I can now see that this team IS headed in the right direction....4 of their last 6 games....I can get used to this type of basketball! Kyrie Irving is already 100 times the closer that a certain member of the Heat EVER was. Perhaps if that player were to come back here, would it be to play Robin to Kyrie's Batman??? Could he handle that???
    There's been a little bit of a discussion in the main NBA forum, that's where I've been talking about it...ne ways this is what I take away from the game...#1 kyrie being kyrie, its becoming almost automatic that he'll deliver us the game in crunch time if its close, and hes putting up MVP numbers as of late...#2 Tristan Thompson has emerged, he is playing like a #4 pick, looking like he was a great choice and #3 and most important thing I took away from the game, Marreese Speights! Dude has been flat out ballin and unless we get a 1st rounder or young stud, we keep him, wish his contract wasn't up because he'd be a great part of our future, hopefully he doesnt get too expensive because we'll likely let him walk, but man I love his game!

  15. #1050
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    8,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Can't say too much about the rest of you because I didn't post either (though I was in bed watching the end of the game...rough being an old married dude.
    I went out then my gf stayed the night so ya lol!

    Cavs always play the thunder well. When KI is ready to play he's the best PG in the leauge. Speights played very well off the bench. I just wish Zeller would make his wide open jumpers like Speights does. I mean Zeller never missed in college, Wide open shot is a wide open shot don't understand it. The more experience he gets i expect him to start hitting those.

    Waiters had a nice all around game. He gets fouled so much and never gets any calls. I wonder if he did something to warrent this lol.

    If you silently breathe near KD its a foul.

    KI > Westbrook

    Livington and Miles were beasts off the bench.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •