Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2142
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I would take Westbrook over Kyrie right now. Because he is not injury prone and "right now" he is a more efficient player than Kyrie. I think Kyrie will be a better player but his injuries concern me. If he's not on the floor he cannot impact the game.
    I wasn't suggesting taking Lillard over Kyrie but instead having both on the team. Lillard could play that 6th man role and fill in for Kyrie when he is out.
    Maybe I should have put this all in one post but would you REALLY rather have Westbrook over Kyrie right now?

Westbrook is 24. Hes shooting a below average 41%. Sure he averages a lot of points/assists and yes we know he has a higher "PER" but really?

There's a reason why every ESPN analyst will say that Kyrie is HANDS DOWN the "point guard of the future", "future mvp", "player with the most potential", etc etc. We're talking about a rookie of the year, all-star, 24, 5 and 4 guy shooting 47% 40% and 84% FT. Not to mention he has arguably the best "handle" in the NBA. And hes only 20! He's two years YOUNGER than Lillard.

I like you Archie but I have a feeling you'd be the kind of manager that drafts Ray Allen and then kicks yourself for not taking Steve Nash. I don't think we should DARE say we would rather have someone else other than Kyrie right now...its just plain selfish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Maybe I should have put this all in one post but would you REALLY rather have Westbrook over Kyrie right now?

Westbrook is 24. Hes shooting a below average 41%. Sure he averages a lot of points/assists and yes we know he has a higher "PER" but really?

There's a reason why every ESPN analyst will say that Kyrie is HANDS DOWN the "point guard of the future", "future mvp", "player with the most potential", etc etc. We're talking about a rookie of the year, all-star, 24, 5 and 4 guy shooting 47% 40% and 84% FT. Not to mention he has arguably the best "handle" in the NBA. And hes only 20! He's two years YOUNGER than Lillard.

I like you Archie but I have a feeling you'd be the kind of manager that drafts Ray Allen and then kicks yourself for not taking Steve Nash. I don't think we should DARE say we would rather have someone else other than Kyrie right now...its just plain selfish
    Take off your homer glasses! I love Kyrie and do think he will better than Westbrook (which I stated in my post). Right now Westbrook is slightly better than Kyrie (not in the future). And most importantly he has never missed a game (includes High School, College, and the pros). He is durable and dependable. He has also been in the playoffs, and even the finals.
    My biggest point is the durability factor. If Kyrie hasn't shown to be injury prone then it wouldn't even be a question. Kyrie hands down. If he's not on the floor he cannot impact the game.
    Now Westbrook is the only player I would do this with not CP3 (also injury prone), not Rondo (not good enough), not DWILL (definitely not good enough)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Archie is your real name David Kahn? =) What's up with our desire to stockpile point guards? lol

I understand the "coulda shoulda woulda" with draft picks but come on mann...did ANYONE expect the Cavs to take another PG when Kyrie just won ROY? If you can find me a mock with Lillard above #5 I'll bow down to you.
    What is Dion? A shooting guard than can't shoot. He's good a driving to the hoop and good a passing... almost seems like a PG to me? Either way, I don't see the harm in playing two point guards.
    How am I suggesting that we stockpile PG's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Cavs are a bad team. So when it comes to injuries I believe the Cavs sit Irving longer then needed. No reason to rush your star back or force him to play when its not needed.

Plus he takes a beating because he gets thriple teamed so much.
    And we can tank for another top pick while he's on the bench.

vCash
    Looks like the Pistons got Calderon. So I imagine we will be facing him this Friday.

vCash
    Really liked that deal for Memphis. I'm not a huge believer in Gay, think he's overrated. Once Hollinger was hired you knew he was going to be on the trading block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Really liked that deal for Memphis. I'm not a huge believer in Gay, think he's overrated. Once Hollinger was hired you knew he was going to be on the trading block.
    Yeah Hollinger has him as only an average player. He's even got a lower PER than Speights!!!!

vCash
    And we can tank for another top pick while he's on the bench.
    Yup... Gotta do what you gotta do. We tanked for Lebron. Plus no reason to rush Irving back and risk Serious injury when your team is bad and no chance to win anyways.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Rudy gay avg 17-6-2 shooting 45% ill take him any damn day over speights and to say otherwise shows your clear lack of knowledge for real. PER just showed what a joke it really is if it says Speights is a better player.

vCash
    Yeah Hollinger has him as only an average player. He's even got a lower PER than Speights!!!!
    You do know PER isn't everything in basketball right?

vCash
    Rudy gay avg 17-6-2 shooting 45% ill take him any damn day over speights and to say otherwise shows your clear lack of knowledge for real. PER just showed what a joke it really is if it says Speights is a better player.
    I never said Speights was better. Two different positions. But that doesn't mean Rudy Gay is just an average player. He is way overrated. And way overpaid. I think he is set to make 19 million next year. No wonder Memphis got rid of him and his awful contract. The fact you just look at basic stats shows your lack of knowledge. You're probably a big fan of the Cory "Chucker" Maggette.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    You do know PER isn't everything in basketball right?
    It isn't?

vCash
    I never said Speights was better. Two different positions. But that doesn't mean Rudy Gay is just an average player. He is way overrated. And way overpaid. I think he is set to make 19 million next year. No wonder Memphis got rid of him and his awful contract. The fact you just look at basic stats shows your lack of knowledge. You're probably a big fan of the Cory "Chucker" Maggette.

Of course he's overpaid. He's an all-star who some team got real stupid and overpaid him big time. I agree with that. But you didn't say that. Gay is a much better player then speights.

vCash
    PER says Drummond is better then Kyrie and Westbrook both and pretty much even with Kobe lmao! I like Drummond but common he's a 7-7 guy right now.

vCash
    PER says Drummond is better then Kyrie and Westbrook both and pretty much even with Kobe lmao! I like Drummond but common he's a 7-7 guy right now.
    It's because he's been so efficient while he's been on the court. He's been able to block shots and get steals on defense and only shoots on offense when he has a guaranteed easy bucket. He's shooting 60% from the field which is a huge boost to his efficiency. His post game is pretty much non-existent at this point, but he's aware of that and doesn't force up bad shots. His FT% is still terrible (38%), but he's played well. The reason his numbers are low is because of how few minutes he gets. It makes no sense why he doesn't play more. I think his FG% would go down some but his rebounding numbers/blocked shots would look even better.

I'm not saying he's better than the guys you mentioned, he's clearly not. However, his efficiency has certainly been notable and that's why his PER is so high. It's just another case of why you can't use one stat to compare players.