No repeat of Batum!

vCash
    Thank you JJ!

vCash
    Thatta baby Zeller

vCash
    Hey we didn't blow it this time!

vCash
    Yes we win! Thank god for that 19 point lead.

vCash
    “@JasonLloydABJ: Sign tonight: "CLEAVLAND MAKE LIKE LEBRON AND LEAVE TOWN." Wonder how long a) it took him to think of that & b) how long to spell Cleavland”
    Silly Portland fans! At least they're passionate, but unfortunately illiterate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Silly Portland fans! At least they're passionate, but unfortunately illiterate.
    That's awesome

vCash
    “@bdee29: @JasonLloydABJ Respond by making a sign that says "PORTLEND, MAKE LIKE BRANDON ROY AND RETIRE THEN COME BACK AND HURT YOURSELF"”
    Funny stuff. I still like Brandon Roy.

vCash
    I love that when I miss a game I can just read through and look at Melo and Archs post

vCash
    Once again too late for me to watch game with my schedule but looks like and sounds like KI took Lillard to school, Waiters significantly cooled down which could have been expected from his last three games and TT is starting to become a beast. If I'm wrong on any assessment please let me know guys as I only saw the highlights and the box scores.

Man would Batum have looked nice at the 3 for the Cavs. That kid is really coming into his own and when I watch him he reminds me of a young Igoudala just with a better shot.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    The 3rd quarter killed us last night. Waiters, Thompson, and Zeller all played well, Irving wasn't his typical self. He picked it up after a slow start though. At least the road trip is over, having back to back home games should be nice.

vCash
    I tried to watch some of the game last night...only lasted about 10 minutes though. This team is pretty tough to watch from start to finish. There is progress being made...but watching them try to run an offense at times is brutal...it's like they don't have a clue where they are supposed to be (or where their teammates are supposed to be). With the reported plan to save their cap space until the summer of 2014 and trying to get LeBron back (not to mention the overall lack of impact players available via free agency)...next season should be equally brutal.

I can only hope that they use their draft picks this year on small forward, back-up point guard, energy/scorer type off the bench (another SG/SF option). If we are to keep Varejao, we would then have Thompson, Varejao, and Zeller at the PF/C positions.

Walton, Gibson, Casspi, Leuer, Livingston, and Pargo could all be gone. I would expect them to bring back at least one of Gibson, Livingston, or Pargo as the guard position would be left with only Irving and Waiters. Walton and Casspi are all but guaranteed to be gone leaving Jon Leuer as a potential returnee (though...they don't use him, so why bring him back).

Early mock drafts have us being in the top 3 (our own pick) and in the 27 range (Miami/LA pick swap) and taking either SF Shabazz Muhammad, C Nerlens Noel, SG Ben McLemore or C Cody Zeller with their first pick and either PG Myck Kabongo, PF Trevor Mbakwe, PG BJ Young.

My preference here would be Muhammad (BADLY need a solid small forward) and Kabongo (solid back-up PG). We also have 2 2nd rounders (don't expect them to use all 4 picks...probably trade at least one if not 2 total picks to move up/down and/or stockpile for 2014 draft).

Whatever they do...they need to address the glaring needs of the team. Whether it be via the draft, free agency, or trade...they need to make the team more attractive to potential free agents.

vCash
    New players won't be in action vs. BOS tonight. Have to go through physicals, etc.
    -John Michael

vCash
    As of an hour before tip, Byron Scott confirmed that both CJ Miles and Daniel Gibson (both ill) remain GAME-TIME DECISIONS.
    -John Michael

vCash
    Dion Waiters to start for Cavs tonight vs. Celtics in place of CJ Miles, who's out sick.
    -Sam Amico