Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    BScott still won't explain why he sat Waiters for 4th qtr vs OKC, but said Dion will start tmrw vs Nets as usual
    -Jason Lloyd

vCash
    I don't think Samuels has it upstairs!

vCash
    Bench sucking as usual! Wonder if Scott will play Waiters more than 5 minutes? Or is he still in the doghouse?

vCash
    damn irving has no one to take the pressure of him

Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubx3 View Post
    damn irving has no one to take the pressure of him
    Shut up!

vCash
    Deron Williams *****ing paid off.

vCash
    Ref clearly favoring the Nets.

vCash
    Here's where I'm a bit confused...

Dion Waiters posts a career high in minutes on clearly his worst shooting night thus far.

The other night he shoots 50% and the poor kid gets pulled for the entire second half (we still haven't gotten a definitive reason from Scott about his decision to yank Waiters out of the game). But how is he expected to get into a groove? I understand Scott's coaching mentality of getting rookies in check, but I think we can all agree that Waiters has a better scoring ability than everyone on the Cav's bench (aside from MAYBE Gibson at this point).

I'm sick and tired of watching these games get out of hand while Irving and Waiters are pulled for extended periods of time. Why on EARTH is Damian Lillard, or Mo Williams, or Jrue Holiday averaging more MPG for their respective teams than Irving? I know their backups can't be worse than ours..

Maybe I'm just venting, but I haven't liked Scott's coaching so far this season.

vCash
    One more note...Austin Rivers is averaging more minutes per game than Waiters - and he's shooting under 25% from the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Ref clearly favoring the Nets.

Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Here's where I'm a bit confused...

Dion Waiters posts a career high in minutes on clearly his worst shooting night thus far.

The other night he shoots 50% and the poor kid gets pulled for the entire second half (we still haven't gotten a definitive reason from Scott about his decision to yank Waiters out of the game). But how is he expected to get into a groove? I understand Scott's coaching mentality of getting rookies in check, but I think we can all agree that Waiters has a better scoring ability than everyone on the Cav's bench (aside from MAYBE Gibson at this point).

I'm sick and tired of watching these games get out of hand while Irving and Waiters are pulled for extended periods of time. Why on EARTH is Damian Lillard, or Mo Williams, or Jrue Holiday averaging more MPG for their respective teams than Irving? I know their backups can't be worse than ours..

Maybe I'm just venting, but I haven't liked Scott's coaching so far this season.
    I completely agree. Don't understand why Waiters was pulled the other night when he was playing well. But tonight he was off and Scott left him in.

vCash
    Our bench SUCKS!!! How on earth do you go out and, in a combined 61 minutes (hope I added that correctly...on pain meds after knee surgery yesterday...lol) and only score 6 points on 2 for 13 shooting, only grab 3 boards, only dish out 1 assist, and commit 12 fouls? They had more fouls than points, boards, and assts COMBINED???

I know that the bench laid an egg last night...but how does Coach Scott allow Dion Waiters to shoot 16 shots when he wasn't making anything? After 10 or so, he has to tell him to drive to the basket to get his shots or sit his inconsistent arse on the bench. Also...how does a basketball team not even "accidentally" block a shot in a 48 minute NBA game?

On a positive note...Varejao had a monster game, Irving had another solid game (love the 14-14 from the line), and Tristan Thompson seemed to have a decent night. This type of night just further drives it home to me that the Cavs can't afford to trade Anderson Varejao. Not only is he getting better...but the young players HAVE to see how hard he plays the game. Maybe he can take Thompson and Zeller under his wing and show them how to make the hustle plays that would not only endear them to the fans, but also to their coaches.

There are things that I like with this team and then there are things that drive me crazy...but, I fear they are going to be more fun to watch than the Tribe is going to be for a quite some time...and the fact that they play next door and at the same time for a couple months a year, that doesn't look good for the Tribe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Our bench SUCKS!!! How on earth do you go out and, in a combined 61 minutes (hope I added that correctly...on pain meds after knee surgery yesterday...lol) and only score 6 points on 2 for 13 shooting, only grab 3 boards, only dish out 1 assist, and commit 12 fouls? They had more fouls than points, boards, and assts COMBINED???

I know that the bench laid an egg last night...but how does Coach Scott allow Dion Waiters to shoot 16 shots when he wasn't making anything? After 10 or so, he has to tell him to drive to the basket to get his shots or sit his inconsistent arse on the bench. Also...how does a basketball team not even "accidentally" block a shot in a 48 minute NBA game?

On a positive note...Varejao had a monster game, Irving had another solid game (love the 14-14 from the line), and Tristan Thompson seemed to have a decent night. This type of night just further drives it home to me that the Cavs can't afford to trade Anderson Varejao. Not only is he getting better...but the young players HAVE to see how hard he plays the game. Maybe he can take Thompson and Zeller under his wing and show them how to make the hustle plays that would not only endear them to the fans, but also to their coaches.

There are things that I like with this team and then there are things that drive me crazy...but, I fear they are going to be more fun to watch than the Tribe is going to be for a quite some time...and the fact that they play next door and at the same time for a couple months a year, that doesn't look good for the Tribe!
    Easy, the only shot blocker they have on the team is TT and when he only has two so far on the season they are going to struggle to block shots. I think even him unless he starts understanding defensive assignments better is going to have issues all year blocking shots as he seems to be out of position a lot of times on defense expecting that his athleticism will make up for his defensive lapses like he was able to in college. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen in the pros against bigger, more intelligent bigs and slashers going up inside.

Also I don't mind letting the rookie try shooting out of cold night. He is a hot cold player that could end up going off in the fourth quarter if he finds his stroke. I like that Scott showed some trust in the rookie and it should also prove the point that hopefully Scott learned, Who else is going to score for me at this point." No one on the bench outside of Gibson can be a scoring threat. Its going to be a long year because of the lack of depth and the youth but hopefully most people realized this at the beginning of the year.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post

I think the bench sucking is a part of an overall tactical strategy. They "being the Cavs FO, and Ownership," want an infusion of quality lotto draft picks over several years. They know that with signing free agents they'll have to overpay for mediocrity (see Larry "Glass Joe" Hughes). That mediocrity will make them just that - a perpetual 7th-8th seed... One and done! The NBA is nothing like the NFL or MLB. We all can fairly accurately predict who will win an NBA championship this year. It's either the cHeat, LAL, or OKC. Who predicted the Giants winning the WS, or Giants winning the Superbowl?
    It's sucks watching, especially since it seems that all sports teams in Cleveland are rebuilding. But I'd rather suck for extra years knowing that their gaining assets that can help them win a championship. Versus competing in the playoffs without a real shot of winning anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I think the bench sucking is a part of an overall tactical strategy. They "being the Cavs FO, and Ownership," want an infusion of quality lotto draft picks over several years. They know that with signing free agents they'll have to overpay for mediocrity (see Larry "Glass Joe" Hughes). That mediocrity will make them just that - a perpetual 7th-8th seed... One and done! The NBA is nothing like the NFL or MLB. We all can fairly accurately predict who will win an NBA championship this year. It's either the cHeat, LAL, or OKC. Who predicted the Giants winning the WS, or Giants winning the Superbowl?
    It's sucks watching, especially since it seems that all sports teams in Cleveland are rebuilding. But I'd rather suck for extra years knowing that their gaining assets that can help them win a championship. Versus competing in the playoffs without a real shot of winning anything.
    It's the old, have your 5-6 core guys to get the minutes to try growing and develop together with but then have your other 3-5 guys that are so bad that you know will cost you multiple games throughout the year to add a lottery pick the following year plan huh. I believe this is exactly what they are trying to do. The FO and Coaches know exactly where this team is and even though most fans might not like it, their youth and lack of defense even in the core group of guys was not going to let them make a huge run this year. They know they are still key pieces away from making a LEGITIMATE run in the East and that is what I want a legitimate run and not stuck in Milwaukee Bucks territory where every year they will get a 6-8 seed in the playoffs and just miss out in the draft from adding an impact player. Learn and develop this year so 3 years from now they can start making runs in the postseason and be built correctly and not just a one and done in the playoffs. I also think they want to keep their cap open for when the time is right which should be in a year or two to start adding key contributers to the bench and not just go out this year where they know they need the youngsters to develop and grow together and spend money to add guys to the bench just to take away from the youngsters. I have a feeling that in a couple weeks you will start to see KI, TT, Dion and Z playing more minutes. Its only week 2 into the season and Scott just migh not want to run down his young players in the first half of the season especially when 2 of the 4 are just experiencing the NBA game and the other 2 are one year out experienced.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.