• South Carolina

1 3.23%
  • Arkansas

2 6.45%
  • A team not listed

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who wins the National Championship?

This thread is pretty self-explanatory. Make your National Championship pick in this thread, and explain why you are choosing them.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Oregon. Because, homer.

I'm going with LSU. They have the best players in the country in the trenches IMO. I think Mettenberg can and will give them what McElroy and McCarron gave Alabama in their title runs.

I think this is the year that the SEC reign ends. They have no absolute juggernaut in the division and you have other BCS schools with great teams and schedules to go undefeated. With the biggest one being USC as they have all the pieces of a great team and pretty at most 2 or 3 games that they shouldn't just absolutely run away with with for the entire season.

Marcus Mariota

South Carolina led by the heisman winner in the backfield

SC just because nobody is going to be able to stop their offense this year.
    Vernon Butler-Javon Hargrave Crew Members: Raidaz4life, LA Bums

Ohio State!

I really think USC..they are pretty much loaded.

Razorbacks! With Wilson throwing his way into NCAA record books laughing along the way.

USC. They have the talent, the schedule and the motivation after being bowl banned for a crime they didn't commit

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I think this is the year that the SEC reign ends. They have no absolute juggernaut in the division
    I've been thinking this heading into each of the last two seasons. I thought Alabama had lost too much defensively from 2009 to 2010 (partially true) and hardly anyone saw Auburn emerging the way they did behind Newton and Fairley. LSU and Bama were expected to be improved last year, but it wasn't until November they looked like given(s) in the National Championship Game.

I concede this could probably be the deepest SEC in recent memory. Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina will all be better. LSU and Alabama didn't lose enough to relinquish elite status IMO and while Arkansas lost some weapons in Wright, Childs, and Adams, they also gained Knile Davis back and Tyler Wilson should be better. I think people will sleep on them after the coaching change, but talent is talent.

I still think as long as an SEC team makes it to the big game they have the best chance of knocking off whoever is on the other side of the field, even if that happens to be USC.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm going with LSU. They have the best players in the country in the trenches IMO. I think Mettenberg can and will give them what McElroy and McCarron gave Alabama in their title runs.
    I'm surprised that very few people agree with us, but this is how I look at it. LSU's defensive line is damn good, and their secondary will still be top-notch without Mathieu. I like their skill-players a lot, and Mettenberger will be able to keep the defenses honest with his rocket arm. If they don't win it, then Mettenberger most likely was a turnover machine.

I almost went with Alabama because they have the best offensive line in the country, but it is difficult to win two in a row.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

I can't pick LSU when we have no idea about how their quarterback play is gonna be.... I don't think they will get past Alabama.

Marcus Mariota

Alabama Crimson Tide

I don't buy into the USC hype AT ALL. Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    Alabama Crimson Tide

I don't buy into the USC hype AT ALL. Overrated
    agree, as much as i dont wanna see bama win it again i think they're the best team. although usc is in a much weaker conference.

Usc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast