Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think we need to stick with Akers until the offseason and maybe steal a good kicker away from another team in free agency. The options are thin out there and even an Akers that is performing below par is better than those options. Longwell is the only one to really even consider, but his last season with the Vikes was worse than what Akers is doing this year.
    Possibly. I do like the idea of a vet kicker more than a rookie, but I'm also enamored with a guy that can clobber the ball out of the end zone every time.

I do think you're probably right about waiting til the offseason though. Unless Akers really clanks a few times here down the stretch with playoff positioning on the line.

vCash
    owen pochman
    jose cortez
    todd peterson
    jeff chandler

any of those guys still available? haha

But yeah, stick with Akers. Hopefully he turns it around. He thinks too much. U can just tell from his days in Philly. Akers is awesome though, one of the best kickers. Hopefully he stops thinking and turns it around this season and stays consistent

vCash
    Just to be fair, Akers has not missed a kick inside of 40 yards. His problem has been on kicks of 40+. On kicks less than 40 yards, he is 8-8, but on kicks of greater than 40 yards, he is 7-13 (3 of those were 50+). However, with the kind of money he is making, he needs to knock down a higher percent of the 40-50 yard kicks.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    owen pochman
    jose cortez
    todd peterson
    jeff chandler

any of those guys still available? haha

But yeah, stick with Akers. Hopefully he turns it around. He thinks too much. U can just tell from his days in Philly. Akers is awesome though, one of the best kickers. Hopefully he stops thinking and turns it around this season and stays consistent
    How dare you bring up Owen Pochman!

vCash
    Now is not the time for a new kicker. Just gotta ride it out. Wonder if this slump affects Harbaugh's willingness to go for it when we are around the 30 yard line.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I hated Jose Cortez so much hahaha

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    I remember him kicking a PAT where he hit both crossbars and it went in.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    How dare you bring up Owen Pochman!
    Haha it's funny though because Pochman was apparently a beast of a kicker. Nailed everything in practice and in college, and apparently had a strong leg. But when tv cameras were on and the seats were filled, the guy got stage fright so bad that it pretty much ended his career before it even got started. And once he missed a kick, his confidence got progressively worse each kick until he just couldn't even walk onto the field without his bones trembling lol i've never seen a guy be so mentally weak to where it killed his career in just a matter of games

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Haha it's funny though because Pochman was apparently a beast of a kicker. Nailed everything in practice and in college, and apparently had a strong leg. But when tv cameras were on and the seats were filled, the guy got stage fright so bad that it pretty much ended his career before it even got started. And once he missed a kick, his confidence got progressively worse each kick until he just couldn't even walk onto the field without his bones trembling lol i've never seen a guy be so mentally weak to where it killed his career in just a matter of games
    I remember he had a game where he missed like two FGs and kicked the ball out of bounds on a kickoff, which lead to our loss. A few hours after my buddy came up to me and said, "Did you hear about Pochman trying to kill himself after the game? He tried to hang himself, but he couldn't kick the chair out from underneath him."

Bout died laughing, but when he brought up the suicide attempt at first I thought it could've been possible because he was that bad.

vCash
    Aldon smith at is 15 sacks with 6 games to go. He has to get 8 more to get to 23 which would be a new NFL record for single season sacks by one player.

vCash
    Aldon Smith is a monster.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Aldon smith at is 15 sacks with 6 games to go. He has to get 8 more to get to 23 which would be a new NFL record for single season sacks by one player.
    It'll be very tough. He'll need another monster game, bringing him 3 sacks. Luckily we have the Cardinals again. I don't see him sacking Brees since he gets rid of it so damn quickly. And possibly 1 in every game other than that, with a big one against the Cards. Its possible, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It'll be very tough. He'll need another monster game, bringing him 3 sacks. Luckily we have the Cardinals again. I don't see him sacking Brees since he gets rid of it so damn quickly. And possibly 1 in every game other than that, with a big one against the Cards. Its possible, but I doubt it.
    If we had another game against the Bears I think he would do it, but like you said, it will be very tough to do. Brady and Brees don't take many sacks and those are 2 of our remaining opponents. Seattle is also pretty good at avoiding sacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    If we had another game against the Bears I think he would do it, but like you said, it will be very tough to do. Brady and Brees don't take many sacks and those are 2 of our remaining opponents. Seattle is also pretty good at avoiding sacks.
    They do get to play the Rams and Cardinals again though and this time I would think they realize the Rams can actually beat them so they better show up to play.

vCash
    If only we played Favre, then maybe he'll lay down and take the sack to give someonelse the record like last time.

#TANK

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast