Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really like the game in London at all but in this case I think it really favors the Niners. Jacksonville barely has a fan base in Jacksonville and the Niners have a decent one overseas. This will probably almost seem like a home game and like you said, it's technically an away game.
    Good point. I like the idea of 9 home games.

vCash
    Lol I wonder if we'll stay in youngstown, ohio again for this roadtrip

vCash
    I believe through 5 games Goodwin is ranked as the #1 performing Center thus far, if what I read on Rotoworld is correct. Been quietly very good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I believe through 5 games Goodwin is ranked as the #1 performing Center thus far, if what I read on Rotoworld is correct. Been quietly very good for us.
    I think I saw somewhere that Boone is the #2 rated guard too. Don't know about the other 3, but I've only heard good stuff about Davis.

vCash
    I think I saw somewhere that Boone is the #2 rated guard too. Don't know about the other 3, but I've only heard good stuff about Davis.
    Yeah Davis is a top 3 RT so far

vCash
    Aside from Staley in the Packers' game, our entire offensive line has played very well.

vCash
    Ugh no 49er football for 3 sundays in a row including the upcoming bye. How are you guys getting through this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Ugh no 49er football for 3 sundays in a row including the upcoming bye. How are you guys getting through this
    I'm excited about the bye. There are some minor bumps and bruises (Kilgore cuncussion and Gore ribs) that will be 100% after the bye. Plus, they get a warm up game vs the Rams at home before the Monday nighter vs the Bears.

vCash
    Anyone else worried about David Akers? He was automatic last year, but Idk if we can trust him in the playoffs this season. He's 15/21 this season, 71.4%. Last year he was 44/52, 84.6%. Who else can we get to kick for us the remainder of the season? Ryan Longwell, Dave Rayner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Anyone else worried about David Akers? He was automatic last year, but Idk if we can trust him in the playoffs this season. He's 15/21 this season, 71.4%. Last year he was 44/52, 84.6%. Who else can we get to kick for us the remainder of the season? Ryan Longwell, Dave Rayner?
    We are all worried about Akers, but the problem is that there aren't any viable replacements available. Longwell's last season with Minnesota was worse than Akers has been this year and he was kicking indoors for most of his games, not in the swirling winds of Candlestick Park. Rayner is awful. No way would I want him to replace Akers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    We are all worried about Akers, but the problem is that there aren't any viable replacements available. Longwell's last season with Minnesota was worse than Akers has been this year and he was kicking indoors for most of his games, not in the swirling winds of Candlestick Park. Rayner is awful. No way would I want him to replace Akers.
    What about that dude Bheuler (spelling) who was in Dallas a few yrs back. He wasn't very high percentage, but it looked to me like he was just young and didn't really know how to not kick the ball as hard as he could every time. At least he can boom the KOs out of the end zone every time which would help hide the less that stellar KO coverage unit.

vCash
    What about that dude Bheuler (spelling) who was in Dallas a few yrs back. He wasn't very high percentage, but it looked to me like he was just young and didn't really know how to not kick the ball as hard as he could every time. At least he can boom the KOs out of the end zone every time which would help hide the less that stellar KO coverage unit.
    I think we need to stick with Akers until the offseason and maybe steal a good kicker away from another team in free agency. The options are thin out there and even an Akers that is performing below par is better than those options. Longwell is the only one to really even consider, but his last season with the Vikes was worse than what Akers is doing this year.

vCash
    We might have to look into drafting a Kicker
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    We might have to look into drafting a Kicker
    Yay one of our draft picks would actually get to play

vCash
    Caleb sturgis from florida, Dustin hopkins from florida state, or quinn sharp from oklahoma state. Those are really the 3 options. Probably gonna have to get one with our late 4th round pick unless we trade down or have a 5th round pick that is earlier than our own. I think we have the Colts 5th round pick this year.
    Last edited by richiesaurus310; 11-14-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast