Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Haha that's true. I just wish they wouldn't dive. Being a big Blackhawks fan, I'll probably never like them, but I do respect their talent. Wish I could respect the way they play the game, too.
    I don't think the diving or complaining actually damages their playing as much as some might think. They are phenomenal to watch game in game out and I'm grateful to get the chance to see talent like this.

But, as for leadership, they're all about their own line and IMO they don't have enough of a driving impact on the rest of the team. And that's coming from someone who really likes their game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't think the diving or complaining actually damages their playing as much as some might think. They are phenomenal to watch game in game out and I'm grateful to get the chance to see talent like this.

But, as for leadership, they're all about their own line and IMO they don't have enough of a driving impact on the rest of the team. And that's coming from someone who really likes their game.
    To be honest, I mostly watch them when they're facing teams I like. They tend to play cheap when they play the Hawks, which really skews how I see them. I understand it's a totally different atmosphere when the Hawks and Canucks play. I just wish they wouldn't result to doing things like diving and lying on the puck to get penalties and keep the other team from scoring.

I certainly don't mean that as a dig towards their overall game. They dive and play cheap sometimes, but both are very gifted players. I personally don't like them, but they are exciting to watch and definitely keeps things interesting when the Hawks and Canucks play. Funny thing is, I like Kesler even though he dives. I really like how he plays the game when he's not diving haha. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a great 2nd line C for you guys.

On a side note, I'm really happy that Doan decided to re-sign with Phoenix. If you guys got Doan, I think that would've put you over the top. Imagine Doan playing on a line with the twins. Just ridiculous.

vCash
    I'll jump in and say that Kesler used to be one of my favorite players (him being American meant more to me than him being a Canuck). That has changed over the last 2 years.

I used to have him in a category of guys like Toews, D. Brown, M. Richards, and others who just flat out played the game right and never took a shift off. They played the game right offensively and defensively. They were leaders and they did everything they could to win. I still think that Kesler's empty net goal against Canada a couple years ago was one of the best goals I have ever seen...yes, an empty netter. He scored it because of hard work and just complete determination and will.

I really hope that Kesler figures it out and gets back to form. He used to be one of those players that you would tell an up and coming player (whether it be a mite, major mite, squirt, etc) that they should watch on the ice. No more.

vCash
    To be fair, when you're playing banged up like Kesler has for the last couple of years, you start to cut corners where you used to have the speed or strength to do it the right way. It will be interesting to see what player comes back after surgery/lockout. Was the Selke year his peak, or have injuries prevented that promising player from making an appearance since? Will he regain his form, will he surpass it, or will he be the player he has been lately, cheating a bit on his shifts to try to play at the pace he did in 2010?

vCash
    To be fair, when you're playing banged up like Kesler has for the last couple of years, you start to cut corners where you used to have the speed or strength to do it the right way. It will be interesting to see what player comes back after surgery/lockout. Was the Selke year his peak, or have injuries prevented that promising player from making an appearance since? Will he regain his form, will he surpass it, or will he be the player he has been lately, cheating a bit on his shifts to try to play at the pace he did in 2010?
    I realize that he has been banged up, which could point to his lack of production, but I don't think there is any excuse to dive and embellish because you aren't 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY5lmlSRn5Q

By the way, incase anyone was wondering, this is the goal I was talking about. To me, that is Ryan Kesler. Busting his *** and playing hockey the right way. I really hope he gets back to form...and I don't even mean point production but that he just plays like the player he used to a couple years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I realize that he has been banged up, which could point to his lack of production, but I don't think there is any excuse to dive and embellish because you aren't 100%

By the way, incase anyone was wondering, this is the goal I was talking about. To me, that is Ryan Kesler. Busting his *** and playing hockey the right way. I really hope he gets back to form...and I don't even mean point production but that he just plays like the player he used to a couple years back.
    If he doesn't have his speed and strength he's going to be looking for advantages. Considering he came into the league as a rat under the tutelage of Marc Crawford and Brian Burke, alongside the likes of Matt Cooke and Jarkko Ruutu, it was just him regressing to his roots. That's one of the reasons why I've never really liked Kesler that much. I agree, I'd like to see him play the game he was playing in the Olympics where cheap stuff was kept to a minimum. Guess what? That was the most impressive play of his career.

vCash
    Kesler has been one if my fav players for a long time but I feel like gillis has screwed with him. I would much rather see the pest kesler than the diver kesler b

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Kesler has been one if my fav players for a long time but I feel like gillis has screwed with him. I would much rather see the pest kesler than the diver kesler b
    I like the 3rd option, the Selke winner who could score. Send him tapes of Toews and tell him that's what we want out of him.

vCash
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I personally think, among non scrub players, Kesler and Marchand are biggest divers in the league.

I don't agree that Burrows is a diver though, I think he is a dirty player(or a rat I guess more so than dirty) but I don't consider him a diver honestly.
    I can agree with that as far as Kesler being a diver. Look it's not a great thing to be called but whatever. Kesler is actually a benefitted player in terms of the lock out. More time to get healthy and stay on a program to keep him that way.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I'll jump in and say that Kesler used to be one of my favorite players (him being American meant more to me than him being a Canuck). That has changed over the last 2 years.

I used to have him in a category of guys like Toews, D. Brown, M. Richards, and others who just flat out played the game right and never took a shift off. They played the game right offensively and defensively. They were leaders and they did everything they could to win. I still think that Kesler's empty net goal against Canada a couple years ago was one of the best goals I have ever seen...yes, an empty netter. He scored it because of hard work and just complete determination and will.

I really hope that Kesler figures it out and gets back to form. He used to be one of those players that you would tell an up and coming player (whether it be a mite, major mite, squirt, etc) that they should watch on the ice. No more.
    I definitely agree with this. Even though he's a Canuck, I always enjoyed watching Ryan Kesler play. He just had so much integrity before he got hurt and started diving. It makes it really hard to dislike a guy like that.

I agree with this as well. P.S. That goal is nasty. Corey Perry didn't know what hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Definitely agree. When he was working his butt off, he was one of my favorite players to watch despite being a Canuck.

I like the 3rd option, the Selke winner who could score. Send him tapes of Toews and tell him that's what we want out of him.
    Haha, very lofty goals. If Kesler could ever get healthy, he might just be able to do that. One thing that Kesler doesn't have that Toews does is the leadership factor. Toews is IMHO, the best captain in all of hockey. Random question, but who becomes your captain if Luongo gets traded? Might even be Kesler.

vCash
    ^^ Henrik Sedin has been the captain, taking over from Luongo a few years ago, and Kesler already won the Selke so it's not that lofty.

vCash
    ^^ Henrik Sedin has been the captain, taking over from Luongo a few years ago, and Kesler already won the Selke so it's not that lofty.
    It's lofty when you've been injured as many times as Kesler has in the past year or year and a half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    It's lofty when you've been injured as many times as Kesler has in the past year or year and a half.
    Fair enough. That's why I have been in favour of getting him healthy enough to trade.

vCash
    Fair enough. That's why I have been in favour of getting him healthy enough to trade.
    But if he's healthy, why would you want to trade him? If he's healthy, he's presumably a 25+ goal scorer, 60ish points, and is one of the best defensive players in the league. I guess that would depend on what you mean by "healthy enough".
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 10-03-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Edited the projected numbers after I took a further look at his numbers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast