Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Just an FYI: Seth Olsen is back.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Just an FYI: Seth Olsen is back.
    Isn't Essex still out there waiting? Would have rather welcomed him back.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...hefter-10-spot

I feel this isn't worthy of a thread, but does anyone else call huge BS on Schefter's report that we were going to take Wilson in the 3rd round??

#iubb

vCash
    I don't believe it. Team wanted a vet to backup Luck not another rook. Doesn't make much sense to me.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I don't believe it. Team wanted a vet to backup Luck not another rook. Doesn't make much sense to me.
    I mean I'm sure he was an option and on our board pretty high, but IMO if we drafted him it would have been to trade him and get some extra picks....We did draft Harnish as mister irrelevant so I think we were looking at QB depth past this year since Stanton is on a one year deal.

However Schefter is completely lying and making things up here to paint his picture...the following is why I know this:

The Indianapolis Colts planned to pick Wilson with the 92nd overall selection in the third round to back up Luck before taking Florida International wide receiver T.Y. Hilton.
    The quote above was straight from the article. The big issue with his report is that we traded our 4th rounder and 5th rounder in 2013 with SF to get the 92nd pick and Hilton. I'm also pretty sure time wise the deal happened well after Wilson was off the board. So why would we have traded for the 92nd pick to draft a guy that was already drafted? If he had stated that we planned to pick him with our 4th rounder I might have thought it was a valid report...or even if he had reported we pondered trading the 1st pick in the 3rd to move down and grab him I would say maybe....but to just be completely wrong about a pick like this with easy to look up facts to prove you wrong is just poor bush league reporting. I still have no clue why he would make this up since really there is no reason for him to make up things about the Colts like this...

The only reason I could see him including the Colts is that we picked a 2nd QB as Mr. Irrelevant so he obviously knew we were looking at QB depth after picking Luck, and ended up with a pick in the 3rd that might have been viable for Wilson if Sea didn't take him (again acquired after Wilson was off the board) so we fit the story he was trying to tell, and he just didn't do the proper research to realize a vital flaw in his report....I think this shows that at times major media writers are really no different than what we do in here when making educated guesses and posting them here.

I looked for an email for him attached to his ESPN profile to ask him about the very issues above but couldn't find one.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    Steelers suspended Rashard Mendenhall one game for conduct detrimental to the team.
    According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mendenhall did not show up at Heinz Field for last week's game after being told he would not dress. The Steelers certainly aren't doing Mendenhall's free agent value any favors with the benching, but it's hard to find fault with their decision in the NFL's "not for long" league. It's quite possible that Mendenhall has played his last game in black and gold. Jonathan Dwyer is as entrenched as any Steelers lead back has been all season. Baron Batch was elevated from the practice squad to function as Pittsburgh's fourth tailback.
    - Rotoworld

I would think Arians would want to go after Mendenhall and I would have to agree. Not often can we find a 25 year old feature back on the market, who also knows our system. His injuries are clearly the issue with him, but hasn't played this year really and VB is here anyway to share the load.

vCash
    Colts sign former Baylor player Robert Griffin...Guard

Colts sign a 330 lbs offensive lineman that shares same name, and went to the same school, as rookie phenom Robert Griffin III of the Redskins.
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/12/...practice-squad

vCash
    RG330. Let's go!

<3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345