Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Vontae Davis has been a bust imo. We traded a second rd pick for him and he has 19 tackles and no picks 1 pass deflection in 5 games. I realize he hasn't had much time to adjust to this system, but when he was brought in Pagano said he knows this system and is a great fit to be a man-to-man press corner. If we had just waited until the trade deadline Mike Jenkins is available for a 4th or 3rd rd pick. Grigson pulled the trigger too fast on that deal and we lost a valuable pick but the more we win the better the deal is i guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Vontae Davis has been a bust imo. We traded a second rd pick for him and he has 19 tackles and no picks 1 pass deflection in 5 games. I realize he hasn't had much time to adjust to this system, but when he was brought in Pagano said he knows this system and is a great fit to be a man-to-man press corner. If we had just waited until the trade deadline Mike Jenkins is available for a 4th or 3rd rd pick. Grigson pulled the trigger too fast on that deal and we lost a valuable pick but the more we win the better the deal is i guess.
    It is way too early to judge Davis at least IMO. When you look at when he is in the game he really isn't thrown at much. That however isn't even the reason it is too early to judge, it is because he has really played 3 full games. I'm not saying he has been a pro bowl player when he is in, but his man has had some pretty quiet games when he has been healthy aside from the Bears game which I can't really say much about since he basically had time to get here, unpack and then fly to Chicago.

In contrast while I haven't watched many Cowboys games but Jenkins according to his stats has appeared in 6 games and has 3 tackles and 2 PDs. I do know Jenkins was tasked with helping the CB on Marshall when he was moved to S for that reason and Marshall ended up with a better game than he had against us.

If you want to cite injuries as the reasoning you think this is a bust trade then OK I understand that, but the Bears game aside he has been pretty much avoided by opposing passing schemes...and even then he has been in 5 total games and leaving 2 of them to injuries which isn't really a great view of his work....honestly I think if Vontae doesn't leave the Jacksonville game we are looking at a 5-2 record since we don't have to move players around and have someone blow a coverage late, so again I could understand saying it was a bust due to injury.

vCash
    I'm also still hesitant to label him as a "bust" trade because I'm still not sold on Manusky as our D-Coordinator for the future.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I'm also still hesitant to label him as a "bust" trade because I'm still not sold on Manusky as our D-Coordinator for the future.
    Very good point. Just to add to it, the impression I got when he was announced is that Manusky was brought in to teach our players to play in the new scheme and their new roles with Pagano acting like the actual D Coordinator and calling most of the D plays which obviously isn't the case at the moment.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-30-2012 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    Stanford Routt anyone? Chiefs just cut him, and he was with Oakland for a year or maybe 2 while Pagano was there. With Powers now hurting a toe along with Davis being out is he a viable option for a one year pickup and maybe see what happens from there?

He has as many picks this year as our entire team does plus a Forced Fumble...

I know he has to go through waivers, and with that you have to take his salary. I'm not sure if we would or could pay what is left of his 3 year 18 million salary if we picked him up that way, but if somehow he were to clear waivers I would think we could be a possible landing spot. According to Pro Football Focus he is currently graded out to be the 19th worst CB in the league, but I do know he has some talent. Right now who doesn't look bad in KC?
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Didn't they sign him this off-season? That's crazy. But hey, any corner help we can get I am all on board for. Cassius Vaughn is best suited for the nickel back, and JP25 has not shown me anything this year outside of the pick in the GB game to warrant him as a no.1 corner on this squad. I liked Darius Butler last week and hope he can continue that solid play and be a guy to stick on this team going forward.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Didn't they sign him this off-season? That's crazy. But hey, any corner help we can get I am all on board for. Cassius Vaughn is best suited for the nickel back, and JP25 has not shown me anything this year outside of the pick in the GB game to warrant him as a no.1 corner on this squad. I liked Darius Butler last week and hope he can continue that solid play and be a guy to stick on this team going forward.
    Yup, signed that 3 year 18 mil this off season and should be getting 6 mil for 8 games worst case this year with 6 million guaranteed...I don't know is how the bonuses/guaranteed $ is paid out though with the waiver wire. If we were to claim him I'm not sure if we would be on the hook for the whole thing, or if the guaranteed $ comes from KC and the team that claims him pays the balance ....there was 6 million guaranteed so a 3 year (2.5 year I guess) 12 million contract would me quite a bit more appetizing, but I'm thinking it is probably more complicated than that....
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-05-2012 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Yup, signed that 3 year 18 mil this off season and should be getting 6 mil for 8 games worst case this year with 6 million guaranteed...I don't know is how the bonuses/guaranteed $ is paid out though with the waiver wire. If we were to claim him I'm not sure if we would be on the hook for the whole thing, or if the guaranteed $ comes from KC and the team that claims him pays the balance ....there was 6 million guaranteed so a 3 year (2.5 year I guess) 12 million contract would me quite a bit more appetizing, but I'm thinking it is probably more complicated than that....
    I wouldn't worry about someone claiming him off waivers. He should clear waivers, then maybe we should kick tires. We could then pay him the minimum. That's if of course he accepts and no other team bid higher. .

vCash
    Kyle Miller was activated from the practice squad. Probably means Fleener is still out?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Eagles cut Babin... wil Grigson have any interest?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Where do we fall on the waiver wire?

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    I've been wondering what Babin could or would play in our D. We need a 300lb run stopper to replace Moala and to some extent the hope we had of Chapman playing. Right now we have linebackers coming out the wazoo so would we want to add him to be a more pass rush backup and would it be worth picking what is left of the 5 year almost 28 million contract he signed last summer in a waiver claim?

If we plan to let Freeney walk and Grigson thinks Babin could fill his spot and be a productive sack guy like he has in a 4-3 or wide 9 I guess in Philly then that contract doesn't look terrible at a little over 5 per...but I think this sign would be more for next and not this year IMO since guys like Freeney and Mathis had an entire off season to learn the new position and are still figuring it out. If he doesn't get claimed then I'm all for taking a shot on him but I'm still torn about making that big of a commitment to a guy that might not be ready to play in our scheme day one.

vCash
    I'd take a hard pass on Babin. Just doesn't fit what we are doing at all. He needs to go to a team like Atlanta, New England, Detriot or Tenn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    I'd take a hard pass on Babin. Just doesn't fit what we are doing at all. He needs to go to a team like Atlanta, New England, Detriot or Tenn.
    Looks like colts aren't going to claim him. Doesn't really bother me considering Grigson probably knows Babin well and knows if he'd be a logical fit or not.

<3

vCash
    Babin to Jax.

<3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast