Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Sad to see Chandler Harnish go, but i guess i understand. He was 3rd string QB, but i thought he had promise and looked like a good prospect for a backup QB. Wonder if we will try and sign him to practice squad if no one picks him up?

vCash
    He'll be back on the practice squad

#iubb

vCash
    ^ I just hope a team with QB issues doesn't pick him up. He is a rookie and not any team's answer right now, but he was pretty impressive during preseason so it wouldn't surprise me if someone grabbed him.

Edit:
    #Colts sign Chandler Harnish and Jerry Brown to practice squad
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    The Indianapolis Colts today signed defensive end Lawrence Guy from the Green Bay Packers practice squad to the active roster.
    Plenty of experience despite leaving after junior year; stepped into starting lineup early in true freshman year. An impressive athlete for an interior lineman; has the skills necessary to shift outside to end in a 3-4 scheme.
    Weaknesses:
    Still fairly raw. A high energy player, but overaggressive at times. Doesn’t have elite strength. He’ll get swallowed up by bigger, more physical offensive linemen and also struggles to beat double teams. Doesn’t get into the backfield as consistently as someone with his athleticism should. Struggled academically at Arizona State; diagnosed with dyslexia and attention deficit disorder – coaches will need to be patient with him as he’ll learn the playbook slower than others.
    Comments:
    Guy could have been a top-50 pick had he stayed for his senior year and continued to develop. However, some lucky team could find themselves a steal in the 3rd or 4th round as a result. He isn’t ready to be an impact player right now, but he has the raw skills of a starter and could develop into a quality penetrating interior lineman. A team looking for a quick fix won’t be interested, but anyone willing to be patient could find themselves a future star.
    Another guy who has some potential...saw a lot of places projected him as a 3-4th rounder in the 2011 draft and he fell to the 7th round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Another guy who has some potential...saw a lot of places projected him as a 3-4th rounder in the 2011 draft and he fell to the 7th round.
    I see what you did there.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I see what you did there.

vCash
    I think Grigson just gets bored in his office. Hell...why not sign this guy?

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Could be...I'm also wondering if he is going after players he really wanted Phi to draft but he was ultimately vetoed.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-18-2012 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Ha, I mean what do you expect...it's not off-season free agency.

#iubb

vCash
    Anyone want Sergio Kindle? I remember he was a popular player heading into the 2010 draft.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Colts waived former Eagles DT Antonio Dixon today.

Colts also cut veteran RB Mewelde Moore.
    Per George Bremer.

Wondering if Dixon was to make room to activate Chapman?

Moore was a surprise because he was one of the few vets, but he was moving most likely to the 4th RB after last week so I guess he wasn't a complete shock.

Edit: Well I guess I got my answer

Green and Hughes signed off PS to 53. RT @kyler11: @caplannfl Chapman joining 53 man?
    The Hughes @caplannfl is referring to in that last tweet is FB Robert Hughes, former Notre Dame player who was on #Colts practice squad.
    Green is CB Marshay Green, also a member of the #Colts' PS. They replace Dixon and Moore on the 53-man roster.
    Green doesn't make Vontae's availability look great...don't know much about him so I guess he could be filling depth at CB just in case plus filling the need in special teams left from Moore in the return game, so I guess that might not mean anything.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    My brother and I were just talking about why Moore was still on the team. We both concluded that he would be cut here soon. Looks like we were right.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Not really a need for Vontae this week anyway.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Anyone want Sergio Kindle? I remember he was a popular player heading into the 2010 draft.
    Yes, he was going to be a stud until he fell down stairs and had a serious skull fracture IIRC.

vCash
    Not surprised to see Moore cut. He hasn't really done much since we got him...and I never understood why he's been on the special teams returning kicks.

#iubb

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast