Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    #Colts signed DE Clifton Geathers to the practice squad, release NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from the practice squad.
    Geathers is a beast of a man at 6'7" 325, and from what I've seen has a ton of untapped potential. Even though he listed at DE I wouldn't be surprised if he went to NT since he is bigger than just about anyone else we have to put there...unless they are just trying to add beef everywhere along the D line.

I had high hopes for Jean-Baptiste who I knew was raw, but could be turned into a big time NT with some time....so I'll hold out hope he gets brought back at some point.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    Any relation to Robert Geathers?

I really like when I see size like that. Although, there is some worry about getting stood up on the line or lineman getting under his long frame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Any relation to Robert Geathers?

I really like when I see size like that. Although, there is some worry about getting stood up on the line or lineman getting under his long frame.
    Ask and you shall receive...quite the football family. This is admittedly from wikipedia so I don't know if everything is correct, but I did see when looking him up they talked about pedigree in pre draft scouting reports, so it makes sense.

Clifton's brother, Robert Geathers Jr., is a defensive end for the Cincinnati Bengals, his uncle Jumpy Geathers played defensive end in the NFL for 13 years and his father Robert Geathers Sr., was a third-round pick in the 1981 NFL Draft, but an inury ended his career. His younger brother, Kwame Geathers, is currently a nose tackle for the Georgia Bulldogs football team. His cousin Clayton Geathers plays defensive back for the University of Central Florida.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-03-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Say goodbye to Kris Adams.

Colts released WR Kris Adams.
    Adams was essentially a practice body. The Colts also promoted T Tony Hills from the practice squad. This move suggests the Colts had concerns about their offensive line being too thin for Sunday's tilt against the Packers
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6870/kris-adams

He showed that he could be a good player in this league.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Eh. He was okay. Didn't really have great hands.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    #colts roster moves: waive TE dominique jones, place G seth olsen (knee) on IR with possibility to return; re-sign WR kris adams to PS.
    Unless I'm missing something, #colts roster moves leave them with two spots on active roster. maybe they'll give trai essex a call.
    -Mike Chappell twitter.

#iubb

vCash
    No Seth Olsen

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Would be cool with Essex coming back.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Tevesau went down but I don't know the extent...so if he is slated to miss any time I'm assuming one of those roster spots is for a NT. Possibly return Baptiste at least for 2 games until Chapman is eligible to come off the PUP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    No Seth Olsen
    Is this cheering for an injury?

I really liked the O line play last week without him, and with Shipley...wouldn't mind to move Satele to G and Linknenbach to the backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Is this cheering for an injury?

I really liked the O line play last week without him, and with Shipley...wouldn't mind to move Satele to G and Linknenbach to the backup.
    It's cheering that he won't be exposing Andrew Luck.

<3

vCash
    #colts shuffle roster. Waive CB justin king, sign NT antonio dixon. elevate LB jerry brown, DE clifton geathers to active roster from PS
    #colts also signed LB dj bryant, cb isaiah gren, FB robert hughes, TE dominique jones to PS, released RB alvester alexander from PS
    -mike chap twitter

Justin King is gone. Well that was quick. I really want to see Darius Butler get some PT now

#iubb

vCash
    Kinda surprised to see King get cut.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    King just didn't see the field enough to show the Colts anything. I'm OK with letting him go. I like Vaughn and I'd like to see what Butler can bring.

I love bringing Jerry Brown up from the PS. Dixon and Geathers have excellent size, hopefully we find a gem in one of them.

vCash
    Waived QB Chandler Harnish and signed TE Weslye Saunders.

And...here...we...go...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast