Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    Peppers is 32, Ware is 30, that is a 2 year difference in age.

Ware may have a few more sacks, and tackles, considering he is a linebacker and free to roam to make tackles where as Peppers is double teamed half the time allowing his linebackers, Briggs and Urlacher to make tackles and plays on the ball. Anyhow, Peppers will dominate nearly every other statistical category, as well as being remembered as one of the best DE to play against the run as well. Peppers > Ware anyway you want to look at it.
    Again dude you act like Ware only plays 1 on 1. Ware gets blocked by the tackle and TE and chipped by RB's ect Ware also has to play a lot more coverage then Peppers does. I think you should watch some tape on someone other then Peppers.

2 Years difference in age but Peppers has 3 WHOLE more season of stats under his belt. Give Ware 3 more season and Peppers wouldnt be able to hold a candle up to Ware. 3 Season for Ware is about 45 sacks and another 240 + tackles. Its sad how pathetic you are dude. Face it Ware is better than Peppers. When its all said and done come back in here and see how things look buddy

vCash
    Peppers is 32, Ware is 30, that is a 2 year difference in age.

Ware may have a few more sacks, and tackles, considering he is a linebacker and free to roam to make tackles where as Peppers is double teamed half the time allowing his linebackers, Briggs and Urlacher to make tackles and plays on the ball. Anyhow, Peppers will dominate nearly every other statistical category, as well as being remembered as one of the best DE to play against the run as well. Peppers > Ware anyway you want to look at it.
    what if i want to look at it has ware being better? or threw average sack per year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Why are Admins not addressing this?
    Because there's nothing to address, please stop whining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    what if i want to look at it has ware being better? or threw average sack per year?
    Then you would be wrong my friend, how about come over to the right side, join Julius Peppers and vote for him as our next President of the United States of America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Again dude you act like Ware only plays 1 on 1. Ware gets blocked by the tackle and TE and chipped by RB's ect Ware also has to play a lot more coverage then Peppers does. I think you should watch some tape on someone other then Peppers.

2 Years difference in age but Peppers has 3 WHOLE more season of stats under his belt. Give Ware 3 more season and Peppers wouldnt be able to hold a candle up to Ware. 3 Season for Ware is about 45 sacks and another 240 + tackles. Its sad how pathetic you are dude. Face it Ware is better than Peppers. When its all said and done come back in here and see how things look buddy
    Ware sees double teams, but not as many as Peppers. Ware plays on aggressive... never mind, I am going to copy and paste something for you...

Peppers > Allen > Ware

Ware will have more tackles, he is a linbacker and is free to roam and make tackles much more easily than Peppers, Peppers is double teamed more than Allen therefore taking up blockers to allow Briggs and Urlacher to make tackles and plays on the ball. I am baffled to see how Allen is better than Peppers, or Ware for that matter. Need I remind you he is a 3-4 OLB. Ware is a product of the defensive schemes he has played in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6492434

"Playing defensive end, I have a few more responsibilities," Williams told the Chronicle. "Being an outside linebacker, I'm always on the edge. When the ball's snapped, it's full go after the quarterback."

Phillips compared Williams to Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware, whom he coached for more than three years before Phillips was fired during the 2010 season.

"He's got the talent," Phillips said of Williams. "With him standing up, he lines up a little wider, and he's coming every time on a different angle. This gives him the chance to be the premier rusher, just like DeMarcus."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...at-complicated

"I said, 'You rush,'" Phillips recalls. "He said, 'OK.'"

And it's pretty much going to be that simple. In Phillips' version of the 3-4 defense, there is an outside linebacker whose job is almost exclusively limited to getting after the quarterback from the open side of the formation.

Think the current dominance of DeMarcus Ware in Dallas, where Phillips was head coach until the middle of last season.

Think Shawne Merriman, who flourished and came up with 27 sacks in his first two seasons with the San Diego Chargers while Phillips was defensive coordinator there.

Think Bryce Paup after he left the Green Bay Packers -- for whom he was an end in a 4-3 scheme -- and then compiled 17.5 sacks as linebacker for the Bills in 1995, when Phillips was defensive coordinator.

http://www.bolthype.com/2007/11/dema...-merriman.html

Demarcus Ware:
    "I talked to Shawne at the Pro Bowl, and he said, 'You're going to love this system. You're going to move all around, from left to right and into the middle. It will open up the gate for you and other players. We have a lot of great players on our defense, just like San Diego does, and we have been watching a lot of film of those guys. We're excited about the sack totals and big plays we can put up in this system. … Sacks are how we eat. Everybody is really excited that a new coach has come in and has a new philosophy different from our old coach. The philosophy Wade has is a little more aggressive than the one Bill Parcells had. It's what guys on this team like. They like the movement, the aggressiveness of this scheme. They don't have as many responsibilities."

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...kie-year-.html

One of the examples of how Rob Ryan's schemes have impacted the Cowboys defense is Pro Bowl linebacker DeMarcus Ware getting fewer double team blocks than anytime since his rookie year.

As instead of just lining up on the right side and rushing the quarterback, Ryan has Ware attacking the quarterback from the left side, the middle and the right side. Teams have been unable to locate him and slide the protection to his side on a regular basis, resulting in him getting singled blocked a great majority of time.

"I have faced a lot of one on ones," Ware said. "I will be on the left and the cornerback would be on the right, the running back would have to pick him up. It creates a lot of one-on-ones which I like."
    Ware has five sacks in four games so far, tying him for fourth in the league.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/01/...-a-linebacker/

At one point Peppers did want to play OLB in a 34 defense... he is definitely athletic enough.

Carey said ideally Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 defensive system where he can stand up and roam the field as a hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker, similar to how the Dallas Cowboys use DeMarcus Ware and how the San Diego Chargers have used Shawne Merriman in the past before his injury.

So basically he doesn’t want to have a lot of run responsibility, he just wants to rush the quarterback and compile as many sacks as he possibly can. At 6’7”, 283 pounds, Peppers would easily be the biggest linebacker in the NFL.

If Julius Peppers played in an aggressive defense like that as a jack linebacker like Ware does, Peppers would break the single season sack record. Instead Peppers lines up in a conservative bend but don't break, only rush 4 down lineman, make the quarter back dump the ball off quick so the linebackers can make the play type defense. Making it easier to chip and double team Peppers, as well as quarter backs hitting quick slants and getting rid of the ball quicker not giving Peppers the amount of time needed to rack up huge sack numbers. Peppers is better than Ware, and better than any defensive player in the NFL, if only he played in a scheme that could show case his talents a little bit more.

Regardless of sack totals though, Peppers has more impact for his team than Ware.

Sorry if the links are broken, if so you can read the articles here... bottom of the page, those links work.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=762856&page=6
    Last edited by PredatorPeppers; 09-18-2012 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Somebody bring me some evidence that Ware and Allen have an impact like Julius Peppers does for his team, I challenge you.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...julius-peppers

But in the meantime, how can we fairly judge Peppers' performance? As we've noted several times, his presence has allowed the Bears to limit their blitz frequency and devote more players to coverage. The results has been remarkable. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Bears have the NFL's best pass defense when rushing four or fewer men.

The second chart provides those details. The Bears have rushed four or fewer men on about 70 percent of opponents' dropbacks this season. Opposing quarterbacks have a 66.6 passer rating in those situations, the lowest in the league.

"I've been seeing [extra help] a lot, just as I have my whole career," Peppers said. "It's not anything new. So you know, I'm being patient, I'm working hard. The sacks and stuff will come. I'm not really concerned about sacks right now. I'm concerned about winning games and being disruptive. I think I'm doing a good job at that."

http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/...-45bd307bd462/

[Peppers] Helped Panthers boast only defensive unit since the NFL merger in 1970 to improve from last in the League in total defense to second in one season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eam/index.html

Though Peppers had but eight sacks this year, he had a huge impact on a defense that went from 21st in the league in points allowed in 2009 to fourth this year; from 4.3 yards per rush last year to 3.7 this year; from 29 touchdown passes surrendered last year to 14 this year. He pushes the pocket. He buzzes around the quarterback. He makes other guys -- Israel Idonije, Tommie Harris -- better.
    There's no question the return of Brian Urlacher at the pivot point of the defense has been a significant addition, but Peppers has been the most important reason the Bears have become the Monsters of the Midway again, and that's why he's my defensive player of the year.
    I considered Clay Matthews long and hard for this award, and it was close. Midway through the season, Matthews was the guy. But then I saw Peppers beat a wounded Jake Long for two of his three sacks against the Dolphins, and saw how he pushed Bryant McKinnie around on the Monday nighter in Minnesota. He's the John Stockton of the Bears defense, the guy who makes everyone around him better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ersbears011411

Peppers makes plays in spite of double teams and he empowers Smith’s Tampa 2-based defense to stick to its roots, relying on a four-man rush instead of counting on linebackers and defensive backs to blitz. According to Football Outsiders, the Bears rushed six or more defenders on 16.7 percent of passes in 2009, the third-highest rate in the league. They also sent only four players on 56.4 percent of pass plays (22nd). This season, though, the Bears have sent six or more defenders just 1.4 percent of plays (25th), and they relied on a four-man rush 72.2 percent of pass plays, the third-highest total in the league.

The Bears’ run defense was ranked second – its highest since the 2001 season – and it also allowed the third-fewest points (16.0).

Getting double- and triple-teamed is “just the way of life” for Peppers. He can’t remember the last game – if ever – someone counted on just an offensive tackle to handle him.

And although he didn’t get to 10 sacks, Peppers said he considers 2010 one of his best seasons.

“I don’t get concerned with that type of stuff,”

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ek4/index.html

The Bears should pay Julius Peppers in gold bars. Don't be confused by his average sack total (two in four games). He's been incredible for them and a different player than in his Carolina days. In the past, Peppers dominated during parts of games. Now, he's dominating entire games, proving to a new team how special he is. If Peppers keeps this up, I see him winning Defensive Player of the Year, hands down. Too bad he can't pad those sack stats against the Bears' offensive line.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz26mhkfeKz

Every year Peppers was with the Panthers, they always won at least 7 games, the year he leaves they only won 2 games. Meanwhile Chicago missed the playoffs 3 straight seasons, Peppers comes to town and they make the NFL Championship game.

Another copy and paste, if you want to read the articles, click here, the links work.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=762856&page=6

vCash
    Clearly, Peppers has a HUGE impact for his team, beyond just stats, Peppers racks up the stats, but also helps rack up stats and wins for his teammates. Peppers is the second greatest defensive player of all time, after the late great Reggie White.

vCash
    Peppers is a freak of nature and can play into his 40's if he so chooses.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...3179/index.htm

Peppers was the best basketball player and among the best football players ever at Southern Nash, where he received so many recruiting letters that he was given his own mail slot in the school office. In basketball he finished his career with more than 1,600 points, 800 rebounds and 200 assists and was heavily recruited by Duke. In football Peppers rushed for 3,501 yards and 46 touchdowns at tailback and manhandled opponents as a defensive lineman. In his final game, when Northeast Guilford High ran a sweep away from Peppers, he chased down the running back, stole the ball from behind and raced 90 yards the other way for a touchdown.

As a senior, Peppers placed second in the triple jump at the state track meet, despite wearing spikes two sizes too small because size 18s couldn't be found. Having watched Big Head swing a bat, Davis believes he could have been a baseball star as well. The coach still shakes his head in disbelief as he recalls a three-hour football practice on a scorching summer day before Peppers's junior season, after which all the other Firebirds lay sprawled on the grass or huddled around the water spigot. Peppers strolled over to one end zone and began doing backflips the length of the field. No hands. For 100 yards. In full pads and helmet.

He bench-presses 425 pounds, runs the 40 in 4.5 seconds, has a 37.5-inch vertical leap and only 4% body fat. During Peppers's redshirt year the North Carolina football coaches couldn't decide at which position he might wreak the most havoc, so they listed him on the roster as athlete. "Julius is a freak of nature,"

vCash
    At the moment Peppers is rated as the 92nd best player of all time on pro football reference.

Taylor is 103. These numbers could change, as they jump around as more people vote for the best players, but Peppers is already in contention with Taylor as the better player, when Peppers retires, he will be light years ahead.

Peppers will move quite a bit higher on their list before he retires. Also, that site is wrong as far as Peppers being a 6 time pro bowler, he is a 7 time pro bowler and I emailed them to let them know to fix it, and they said they are going to, as well as all the pro bowl alternate players from last season will all get that extra pro bowl under their name.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PeppJu99.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TaylJa03.htm
    Again, probowls are meaningless popularity contests. Likewise, EloRater is more of a popularity contest than a really helpful, quantifiable metric.

How about their wAV?

Peppers: 126th
    Taylor: 52nd

EloRater:

Peppers: 92
    Taylor: 102

Average:

Peppers: 109
    Taylor: 77

Regardless, wAV is a much better statistic.

I could go all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Again, probowls are meaningless popularity contests. Likewise, EloRater is more of a popularity contest than a really helpful, quantifiable metric.

How about their wAV?

Peppers: 126th
    Taylor: 52nd

EloRater:

Peppers: 92
    Taylor: 102

Average:

Peppers: 109
    Taylor: 77

Regardless, wAV is a much better statistic.

I could go all day.
    Strahan is rated 41 on wAV. So he is better than Taylor?

All in all, I use my eyes to judge who is the best, and Peppers is a notch above Taylor in overall ability to dominate on the football field, when Peppers hangs em' up, he will be considered the better player with the better career. That I am sure of.

vCash
    Julius Peppers in 10 seasons so far…

Peppers has 100 sacks, a 10 per year average and 100 behind all time leader Bruce Smith who had 200 for his career and averaged 10.53 per season. Peppers could pass this mark.

Peppers has 8 interceptions, tied for second most all time by a defensive lineman, Ron McDole has the most INT’s all time by a D-lineman with 12. Peppers could pass this mark.

Peppers has 36 forced fumbles, only 11 behind all time leader Jason Taylor who has 47 FF. Peppers could pass this mark.

Peppers has 57 passes defensed, Jason Taylor has the most all time by a defensive lineman with 94 passes defensed. Peppers could come close to or break this mark.

Peppers has 12 blocked field goals which is second best in NFL history, Shaun Rogers holds the official blocked field goals record with 17. Peppers could break this mark.

Peppers also has 3 defensive touchdowns and 9 fumble recoveries as well as 42 career stuffs.

NFL awards and honors

NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
    2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
    Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2002)
    2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
    2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
    NFL 2000’s All Decade Team
    100 Sacks Club
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 NFC Pro Bowl
    2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
    2008, 2009 All-Pro Second Team
    Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011)
    Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10)

Panthers franchise records

Most career sacks (81)
    Most career forced fumbles (30)
    Longest Interception return: 97 (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)

NFL records and accomplishments

Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 178 yds
    Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
    Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
    Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
    Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
    Tied for second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 8
    Tied for tenth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 36
    Tied for twenty seventh most sacks in NFL history: 100
    Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 12

Add 2 more sacks and 1 more fumble recovery to his resume from this year

vCash
    I feel like I am watching porn with all the dick sucking going on in this thread

vCash
    Ware should be #1
    Than Allen who plays more consistent than Peppers and has a better motor
    Than peppers
    Than Freeney .

Top 3 should be future hall of famers.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456