Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Lovie Smith said Peppers can play FS so he's obviously the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    1.Peppers has only had over 12 sacks 3 times in 10 year career

2. Demarcus Ware has had over 12 sacks 4 times in 7 years = Ware >Peppers

3. Ware has had more solo tackles than peppers every year he has been in the league = ware> peppers

4. Peppers has .5 sacks more than ware with 3 years more playing time= Ware> Peppers

5. Peppers has 1 more solo tackle than ware with 3 more years playing time = ware > peppers

6. Ware has 15 more tot tackles than peppers with 3 years less playing time ware> peppers

7. Ware 2nd youngest ever to a 100 sacks. ware > Peppers

WARE > PEPPERS AT EVERY THING
    /THREAD
    You forgot to factor in forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, passes defensed, interceptions, blocked field goals, playing against the run. Peppers is BY FAR the more versatile all around defensive player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it until I say otherwise , but it wasn't just a couple of interceptions, it was 2 interceptions for 143 yards, 1 fumble recovery for 60 yds, 2 defensive touchdowns, 2 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, more than JPP had. Both are impressive seasons, but Peppers had the more impressive season all across the board IMO.
    Ok so:

2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery, 2 TDs, 2 Forced Fumbles and 2 passes defended, 11 sacks, 52 tackles

is better than

7 passes defended(5 more than Peppers) 16.5 sacks (6.5 more than Peppers), 86 tackles (a whopping 34 more than Peppers) 2 forced fumbles (same as Peppers)

Peppers intercepted just TWO more balls than JPP and recoverd ONLY ONE more fumble then JPP and had just TWO more TDs than JPP. While JPP destroyed Peppers in sacks/tackles/stuffs...and same amount of fumbles.

vCash
    You forgot to factor in forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, passes defensed, interceptions, blocked field goals, playing against the run. Peppers is BY FAR the more versatile all around defensive player.
    Lol

vCash
    Julius Peppers was used in coverage a TON in his earlier Carolina days, he dropped all the time on zone blitzes. Not only that but he moves all over the line of scrimmage, especially with the Bears, he is used like Reggie White was, Peppers is the more versatile defender.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...-game-changer/

For Aikman, the Bears allowing Peppers to attack the middle of an offensive line is reminiscent of one of the greatest defensive linemen in the history of the game he used to play against.

“Going to back to when I was playing, they used to do that, the Philadelphia Eagles did, with Reggie White,” Aikman said. “You think you know where he’s going to be, or you anticipate that he’s going to be here most of the time, but then you know he’s going to move up and down that offensive line until he finds a matchup that he feels good about. That puts some stress on an offense.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5900330

"You could put him anywhere on the field," Belichick said. "He can play on the front line, he could play linebacker. He could play strong safety. He could play anywhere on the defensive line. He's tall. Richard Seymour was tall and he played there. Put him out at tight end, make a left tackle out of him. I wouldn't want to tackle him if he was carrying the ball. He's a great player."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/15068...lone-star.html

Coach Lovie Smith discussed the group on Monday, but discussed Peppers in length.

“He’s as good an athlete I think as there is in the NFL,” Smith said. “Anything you ask him to do, he can. I’m convinced that if we ask him to play free safety, he would figure out a way to play it well.”
    I've spent my whole life watching both of these players. Taylor was my favorite player after Marino retired, and Peppers was my favorite DE when drafted, bc he played both sports for my tarheels.

I've watched both of their careers and I'm just telling you what I saw.

I've heard your treatise on Peppers 100x. I get it. I disagree.

I am not degating anything these people said. None of them said he was better than Taylor and, judging by Taylor's career, all of the same things could have been said about him.

vCash
    I mean, Ware and Peppers (the 2 best here imo) play different positions, so its not a rational argument. Ware is the best edge rusher in well over 10 years. Peppers is amazing as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Ok so:

2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery, 2 TDs, 2 Forced Fumbles and 2 passes defended, 11 sacks, 52 tackles

is better than

7 passes defended(5 more than Peppers) 16.5 sacks (6.5 more than Peppers), 86 tackles (a whopping 34 more than Peppers) 2 forced fumbles (same as Peppers)

Peppers intercepted just TWO more balls than JPP and recoverd ONLY ONE more fumble then JPP and had just TWO more TDs than JPP. While JPP destroyed Peppers in sacks/tackles/stuffs...and same amount of fumbles.
    Learn to read, you forgot to read the MORE at the end of the sentence. He had MORE of everything I listed. Peppers is better than JPP can ever dream of being.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    1.Peppers has only had over 12 sacks 3 times in 10 year career

2. Demarcus Ware has had over 12 sacks 4 times in 7 years = Ware >Peppers

3. Ware has had more solo tackles than peppers every year he has been in the league = ware> peppers

4. Peppers has .5 sacks more than ware with 3 years more playing time= Ware> Peppers

5. Peppers has 1 more solo tackle than ware with 3 more years playing time = ware > peppers

6. Ware has 15 more tot tackles than peppers with 3 years less playing time ware> peppers

7. Ware 2nd youngest ever to a 100 sacks. ware > Peppers

WARE > PEPPERS AT EVERY THING
    /THREAD
    excellent post.

to expand:

peppers had a season with just 2.5 sacks. he is inconsistant, and gives up at times.

dware has had just 1 of 8 or less sacks ( rookie year ). peppers has 3.

peppers, despite playing many more years then ware, has just 1 season of more then 14 sacks. ware already has 4.

ware, years with 11.5 sacks or more=5; peppers, 3

and this is with ware playing 7 years not counting this one, and peppers playing 10, not counting this one.

sacks is the sexy stat, i dont feel like picking apart everything else.

but ware does play DE in dime and nickel packages,

3-4 OLB closely resembles 4-3 DE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    I've spent my whole life watching both of these players. Taylor was my favorite player after Marino retired, and Peppers was my favorite DE when drafted, bc he played both sports for my tarheels.

I've watched both of their careers and I'm just telling you what I saw.

I've heard your treatise on Peppers 100x. I get it. I disagree.

I am not degating anything these people said. None of them said he was better than Taylor and, judging by Taylor's career, all of the same things could have been said about him.
    Taylor was a monster and a play maker as attributed to his forced fumbles, passes defensed, interceptions etc. But Peppers is a notch above him IMO and will pass him in just about all statistical categories except fumble recoveries, passes defensed, and maybe tackles. Taylor was more dominant than Strahan IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    excellent post.

to expand:

peppers had a season with just 2.5 sacks. he is inconsistant, and gives up at times.

dware has had just 1 of 8 or less sacks ( rookie year ). peppers has 3.

peppers, despite playing many more years then ware, has just 1 season of more then 14 sacks. ware already has 4.

ware, years with 11.5 sacks or more=5; peppers, 3

and this is with ware playing 7 years not counting this one, and peppers playing 10, not counting this one.

sacks is the sexy stat, i dont feel like picking apart everything else.

but ware does play DE in dime and nickel packages,

3-4 OLB closely resembles 4-3 DE.
    Of course you don't want to debate everything else, because Peppers blows Ware away in everything else, making Peppers the much more well rounded dominant force. Ware is solid against the run, and decent in coverage, but Peppers is better in both, Peppers also makes more game changing big plays. Peppers > Ware and always will be.

vCash
    Learn to read, you forgot to read the MORE at the end of the sentence. He had MORE of everything I listed. Peppers is better than JPP can ever dream of being.
    No he didn't have more passes defended then JPP. Look at the stats.

Would about Sacks and Tackles? Do those not matter?

It's like saying a QB who has 2 more TDs then another QB is better then the same QB who has 1000 more yards then the other QB.

Peppers is better? Not a chance. Is means the present tense. Look at last years season where JPP blew away Peppers in every single category.

vCash
    Of course you don't want to debate everything else, because Peppers blows Ware away in everything else, making Peppers the much more well rounded dominant force. Ware is solid against the run, and decent in coverage, but Peppers is better in both, Peppers also makes more game changing big plays. Peppers > Ware and always will be.
    what if i take your "peppers > Ware" and switch the greater then sign?

so now we have peppers > ware - (minus) > and then + (add) < to = (equal)

Peppers < Ware

I just blew your mind.....

vCash
    1. Peppers
    2. Allen
    3. Harrison
    4. Taylor
    5. Ware
    6. Strahan
    7. Freeney
    8. Rice
    9. Abraham
    10. ? argue

That is how I see the most dominant edge defenders in the NFL in the 2000's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    No he didn't have more passes defended then JPP. Look at the stats.

Would about Sacks and Tackles? Do those not matter?

It's like saying a QB who has 2 more TDs then another QB is better then the same QB who has 1000 more yards then the other QB.

Peppers is better? Not a chance. Is means the present tense. Look at last years season where JPP blew away Peppers in every single category.
    Peppers is better, NFL.com stats are wrong, Peppers had 9 passes defensed, look at espn and pro football reference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    what if i take your "peppers > Ware" and switch the greater then sign?

so now we have peppers > ware - (minus) > and then + (add) < to = (equal)

Peppers < Ware

I just blew your mind.....
    Fascinating.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast