Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    And you know whats funny? The all world Julius Peppers never even had a season close to JPPs season last year. That was just JPP's 2nd NFL season while Peppers has been in the league for a decade.
    You must be forgetting about Julius Peppers 2004 season buddy...

52 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery for 60 yds. and a touchdown, 2 interceptions for 143 yds ( the most all time in one season by a D lineman ) 1 he ran back 46 yds. for a TD and the other he ran back 97 yds. and was tripped up at the 1 yd. line. 9 passes defensed, 4 stuffs, 1 blocked kick.

JPP had a very impressive season last year, but it was not as good as Peppers 3rd season in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    You must be forgetting about Julius Peppers 2004 season buddy...

52 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery for 60 yds. and a touchdown, 2 interceptions for 143 yds ( the most all time in one season by a D lineman ) 1 he ran back 46 yds. for a TD and the other he ran back 97 yds. and was tripped up at the 1 yd. line. 9 passes defensed, 4 stuffs, 1 blocked kick.

JPP had a very impressive season last year, but it was not as good as Peppers 3rd season in the league.
    You didn't even have to look those numbers up, did you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    Fair assessment, but I have a question for you, are you a Cowboys fan? It would appear so from you avy.
    No, I'm not a Cowboys fan. I'm a Dolphins fan. I just like Romo and think he's the most underrated and over-criticized player in all of American sports.

As to my assessment of Ware, it is more in terms of the way the question was posed. Defensive Line is probably the most difficult skill position to get into the HoF, while 3-4 OLB hasn't had but only a few great players in a quarter century.

The DE's have a lot more standing in their way than a dominant 3-4 OLB. I think Ware is a bit overrated, and have always been of the opinion that, at their best, James Harrison was the superior player, and decidedly so. However, Ware's career started younger and will have more longevity to it, and a longer peak, and he'll go down as the greater player and, unless Matthews can say something about it, the greatest 3-4 OLB we've seen in a very long time (I do think Matthews will be better, but who knows).

If I was just ranking skill.... I'd say, out of the group:

1) Allen
    2/3) Ware/Peppers
    4) Freeny

Personally, right now, I'd take JPP over any of them, and expect him to outlast them in longevity.

As far as last few decades go, Jason Taylor was better than any of these DE in question, and had an incredibly long career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    You didn't even have to look those numbers up, did you?
    Yea I did.

vCash
    Jason Taylor and Michael Strahan are easily better than Julius Peppers this past decade. Yes mother****ers I'm feeding the troll. But my statement still stands and is still correct.

vCash
    where is the love for John Abraham

Can I fix you some sandwiches?

vCash
    In the words of Gordon Ramsey

"**** off will you"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    No, I'm not a Cowboys fan. I'm a Dolphins fan. I just like Romo and think he's the most underrated and over-criticized player in all of American sports.

As to my assessment of Ware, it is more in terms of the way the question was posed. Defensive Line is probably the most difficult skill position to get into the HoF, while 3-4 OLB hasn't had but only a few great players in a quarter century.

The DE's have a lot more standing in their way than a dominant 3-4 OLB. I think Ware is a bit overrated, and have always been of the opinion that, at their best, James Harrison was the superior player, and decidedly so. However, Ware's career started younger and will have more longevity to it, and a longer peak, and he'll go down as the greater player and, unless Matthews can say something about it, the greatest 3-4 OLB we've seen in a very long time (I do think Matthews will be better, but who knows).

If I was just ranking skill.... I'd say, out of the group:

1) Allen
    2/3) Ware/Peppers
    4) Freeny

Personally, right now, I'd take JPP over any of them, and expect him to outlast them in longevity.

As far as last few decades go, Jason Taylor was better than any of these DE in question, and had an incredibly long career.
    What makes Allen so special in your eyes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    1) Ware
    2) Allen
    3) Peppers
    4) Someone else
    5) Someone else

15) Freeny

Freeny spent his career as a one-trick poney who got wayyy oo much love because of the sexy sack numbers.
    Freeney has been one of the best pure pass rushers over the past decade, he may be a one trick pony but that is because of the system he was in and because he was damn good at it. I don't like one trick ponies either, but when they deliver like Freeney on a consistent basis then they deserve respect and credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 15carlos21 View Post
    Abraham definitely deserves some love as a pass rusher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 15carlos21 View Post
    True Abraham is at 113 career sacks right now, but he didn't just reach that milestone and I feel he is a notch below these other guys.

vCash
    Predator Peppers is JB's football alter-ego

vCash
    Freeney is probably the worst of the 4 but as of right now he probably has the best chance to make it in the HOF
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Jason Taylor and Michael Strahan are easily better than Julius Peppers this past decade. Yes mother****ers I'm feeding the troll. But my statement still stands and is still correct.
    Peppers is actually the better player to be honest. Peppers has already made more pro bowls than Taylor and is tied with Strahan. Peppers has as many first team all pros as Taylor and 1 less than Strahan, but more second team all pros than Taylor and tied with Strahan. Peppers has 7 double digit sack seasons, Strahan and Taylor have 6. Peppers is going to pass them in sack totals and just about every other statistic, although Taylor is impressive with his forced fumble totals and passes defensed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    Freeney is probably the worst of the 4 but as of right now he probably has the best chance to make it in the HOF
    Why? Just because of his Super Bowl trophy?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast