Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Peppers, Freeney, Allen, Ware

With the four of them recently reaching the 100 sack milestone, and still playing good football, in what order would you assess their chances of reaching the Hall Of Fame on the first ballot?

I would say...

1. Peppers
    2. Ware
    3. Allen
    4. Freeney

vCash
    Peppers

vCash
    1. Peppers
    2. Peppers
    3. Peppers
    4. Peppers

I'll need some concrete evidence of Julius peppers being the best though

Can you post posts upon posts of useless articles for me to sort through?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post

1. Peppers
    2. Peppers
    3. Peppers
    4. Peppers
    this.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    1. Peppers
    2. Peppers
    3. Peppers
    4. Peppers

I'll need some concrete evidence of Julius peppers being the best though

Can you post posts upon posts of useless articles for me to sort through?
    I could if you would like but this is a serious discussion we have on our hands. Be respectful and courteous young grass hopper.

vCash
    Why would you compare Ware to Peppers different position.

Ware is the best 3-4 OLB to play in the last decade, IDK if I can say the same for Peppers, both are clear cut HOFers IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Why would you compare Ware to Peppers different position.

Ware is the best 3-4 OLB to play in the last decade, IDK if I can say the same for Peppers, both are clear cut HOFers IMO.
    You are probably right sir, Ware is the best 3-4 OLB in the last decade, but who has he had to challenge him for that distinction? James Harrison, not enough years of dominating play, Shawne Merriman? Same as Harrison.

Julius Peppers IMO is the best DE over the last decade, but he has had to fight with Michael Strahan, Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, and Jared Allen for that distinction, alot stiffer competition although I still feel he comes out on top.
    Last edited by PredatorPeppers; 09-18-2012 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    1) Ware
    2) Allen
    3) Peppers
    4) Someone else
    5) Someone else

15) Freeny

Freeny spent his career as a one-trick poney who got wayyy oo much love because of the sexy sack numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    1) Ware
    2) Allen
    3) Peppers
    4) Someone else
    5) Someone else

15) Freeny

Freeny spent his career as a one-trick poney who got wayyy oo much love because of the sexy sack numbers.
    Fair assessment, but I have a question for you, are you a Cowboys fan? It would appear so from you avy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    Fair assessment, but I have a question for you, are you a Cowboys fan? It would appear so from you avy.
    Are you a Peppers fan? It would appear so by your name, sig, every single post, making a thread about him everyday....Seriously you have some John Hinckley like obsession with him it's pretty pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Are you a Peppers fan? It would appear so by your name, sig, every single post, making a thread about him everyday....Seriously you have some John Hinckley like obsession with him it's pretty pathetic.
    I just looked him up, and must admit that is quite a sick man there. And to answer your question, no I am not a Peppers fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    No, I'm not a Cowboys fan. I'm a Dolphins fan. I just like Romo and think he's the most underrated and over-criticized player in all of American sports.

As to my assessment of Ware, it is more in terms of the way the question was posed. Defensive Line is probably the most difficult skill position to get into the HoF, while 3-4 OLB hasn't had but only a few great players in a quarter century.

The DE's have a lot more standing in their way than a dominant 3-4 OLB. I think Ware is a bit overrated, and have always been of the opinion that, at their best, James Harrison was the superior player, and decidedly so. However, Ware's career started younger and will have more longevity to it, and a longer peak, and he'll go down as the greater player and, unless Matthews can say something about it, the greatest 3-4 OLB we've seen in a very long time (I do think Matthews will be better, but who knows).

If I was just ranking skill.... I'd say, out of the group:

1) Allen
    2/3) Ware/Peppers
    4) Freeny

Personally, right now, I'd take JPP over any of them, and expect him to outlast them in longevity.

As far as last few decades go, Jason Taylor was better than any of these DE in question, and had an incredibly long career.

vCash
    No, I'm not a Cowboys fan. I'm a Dolphins fan. I just like Romo and think he's the most underrated and over-criticized player in all of American sports.

As to my assessment of Ware, it is more in terms of the way the question was posed. Defensive Line is probably the most difficult skill position to get into the HoF, while 3-4 OLB hasn't had but only a few great players in a quarter century.

The DE's have a lot more standing in their way than a dominant 3-4 OLB. I think Ware is a bit overrated, and have always been of the opinion that, at their best, James Harrison was the superior player, and decidedly so. However, Ware's career started younger and will have more longevity to it, and a longer peak, and he'll go down as the greater player and, unless Matthews can say something about it, the greatest 3-4 OLB we've seen in a very long time (I do think Matthews will be better, but who knows).

If I was just ranking skill.... I'd say, out of the group:

1) Allen
    2/3) Ware/Peppers
    4) Freeny

Personally, right now, I'd take JPP over any of them, and expect him to outlast them in longevity.

As far as last few decades go, Jason Taylor was better than any of these DE in question, and had an incredibly long career.
    What makes Allen so special in your eyes?

vCash
    1) Ware
    2) Allen
    3) Peppers
    4) Someone else
    5) Someone else

15) Freeny

Freeney has been one of the best pure pass rushers over the past decade, he may be a one trick pony but that is because of the system he was in and because he was damn good at it. I don't like one trick ponies either, but when they deliver like Freeney on a consistent basis then they deserve respect and credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Freeney has been one of the best pure pass rushers over the past decade, he may be a one trick pony but that is because of the system he was in and because he was damn good at it. I don't like one trick ponies either, but when they deliver like Freeney on a consistent basis then they deserve respect and credit.
    No doubt, and I gave him credit. In fact, he might be the most talented pass-rusher in the game during my lifetime. However, it just doesn't make up for an overall lineman who can do everything. I was using hyperbole with the "15", but I do think the guy has been overrated due to the sexy sack numbers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast